I'm Sorry

*Y/n's POV*

Y/n was sitting on the bed while Vlad was cleaning up the cuts and scrapes she had sustained from her fight with Plasmius.

"Now tell me why you instigated this fight," said Vlad as he applies a cleaning solution to one of the wounds on Y/n's back.

"He was creeping me out, trying to seduce me with his voice. It was only a matter of time before he got what he wanted and I wanted to show him I'm not to be messed with," said Y/n.

"That didn't mean you had to beat him to a bloody pulp. We both share the same body." He pulls a piece wood out of one of the gashes on Y/n's back, causing her to hiss in pain. "You're not going to like this but the stuff we have isn't strong enough to clean the wound I just pulled the pieces of wood out of. I'm going to have to buy some hydrogen peroxide."

Y/n tenses up. "Do you have to?"

"Yes. It's either that or take you to the doctor and try to explain to them how your got all these wounds. Rather not have to do that unless we absolutely have to. We are here to enjoy a vacation, not spend a majority of it in the hospital. I'll be right back," said Vlad before he leaves the room.

"That's one thing I'm not going to like dealing with," mumbles Y/n as sheblaya down on the bed, on her stomach sincerity it hurt too much to lay on her back. Y/n was about to drift off to sleep when she hears Vlad return.

"You're not going to like this but we have to disinfect all the wounds you've sustained."

"Same goes for you, Vlad."

"I know."

*Vlad's POV*

After an hour of pain inducing torture of getting all of their wounds cleaned out, Vlad and Y/n were now both asleep, or trying to sleep with the amount of pain they were in. Vlad wakes up, rolling over in bed, to look at Y/n. Even though she was asleep, it wasn't a restful sleep. Her face twitched in pain during her rest. Vlad wanted to make everything better for her but how could he since it was his fault he hurt her. Saying 'I'm sorry' won't be enough this time.

Vlad was about to fall back asleep when he feels the bed shift as Y/n moves closer to him, wrapping her arms around him.

"Warm..." mumbles Y/n in her sleep.

"I know saying I'm sorry won't be enough since Plasmius is the one who caused this whole mess," said Vlad. "If you want to leave me after we get back to Wisconsin, I respect your wishes. I know you won't like to deal with this nonsense on a yearly basis."

Y/n snuggles closer to Vlad. "People put up with a lot of stuff for those they love."

"How long have you been awake, Y/n?"

"Long enough to hear what you said to me."

"Fair enough." Vlad runs his hand though Y/n's hair. "So where do you want to go next?"

"We can go to Keystone tomorrow. I hear there's a taffy shop there and they make it fresh in the shop. After that we can go see the sights. We can go see Mount Rushmore or go see the Crazy Horse Memorial."

"Whatever keeps you happy."

"No whatever makes it so I'm spending time with you." Y/n rests her head on Vlad's chest, listening to his heartbeat. "If I have to put Plasmius in his place year after year, I will. He just needs to learn I'm yours and not his. Yes you both share the same body but it was you I fell in love with."

"Go back to sleep, Y/n. We'll talk more in the morning."

*Y/n's POV*

Later that morning when Y/n wakes up, she finds Vlad wasn't in the bed. She hears the shower was running. A few moments later, Vlad walks out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Well good morning, Y/n," said Vlad.

A blush slowly creeps across Y/n's face.

"Oh come now. It's not like you're seeing anything new." Vlad grabs what he needed from the dresser before walking back into the bathroom, shutting the door being him.

Y/n gets out of bed and gets dressed. She walks over to the bathroom door. "I've decided we'll go to Keystone today. Also as well, we'll take the long way back home through South Dakota. I'd like to stop at Wall as well as see the Corn Palace in Mitchell. There's an airport in Sioux Falls. We can fly home from there."

"Sounds like you got this trip planned out." Vlad opens the bathroom door. He was dressed and ready to head out.

"It's only twenty-seven more days till Halloween. I want to try to be home by then."

"Why the rush? I thought you wanted to enjoy your time here?"

"I'd rather not be here when Plasmius decides to take control again. And don't say you do because he will show back up and prove me wrong. I don't feel like being in another fight again. I want to rest during this vacation, not fight all the time."

"Enjoying the sights is what we plan on doing. Now lets head downstairs to get a bite to eat before we head out. I'd rather not deal with you being hangry today."

"I'll be down in a bit. I just need to wash up first." Y/n watches Vlad leave the room. She still questioned her feelings for him but she had a feeling things will work out in the end.