Unwelcome Guest (Part 1)

*Y/n's POV*

Y/n tells Danny and Jazmine the whole story as to why she was now Vlad's personal chef. About how he was one of her customers at Lunar Oasis and how he came to her with a job offer when she was going to end up being out of work for a few months because of her injuries.

"I'd be careful of Vlad if I were you," said Danny.

"Why is that?" Y/n asks.

"Should we tell her?" Jazmine asks Danny.

"I think we should,' said Danny. He looks Y/n dead in the eyes. "Vlad isn't who you think he is. He's half ghost like I am."

Y/n laughs a bit but could tell that Danny was serious. "You're not joking, are you?"

Danny shakes his head. "His ghost half goes by the name Plasmius. He is not to be trusted."

"Long story short, he kinda has a grudge on our father for marrying the love of his life," said Jazmine. She then tells Y/n at how her parents, back in college, invented a portal that could take them to the Ghost Zone. The first one, which was a prototype, malfunctioned, and landed Vlad in the hospital. During that time their parents, Jack and Maddie, had gotten married.

"Talk about a chip on the shoulder. I know some grudges can go on for years but to hold a grudge over someone who had married the love of your live? I know life can deal you a bad card but that doesn't mean hate your once best friend for all eternity," said Y/n. She sets her mug of cider down on the counter. "I know what it is like to hold a grudge. I still haven't forgave my mom for divorcing my father and almost allowing her dead-beat boyfriend break into my room when I was seventeen years old."

Y/n leaves the kitchen. Right as she does she hears the door bell ring, folkoeed by her phone ringing from a text message that her father had just arrived. She runs over to the front door and opens it, letting her father in from the cold. "What did you bring for the wine tonight, dad?" Y/n asks.

"A Moscato with Elderflower," said Will before he hands the bottle of wine to his daughter. "Now go work your magic and turn this into a sorbet. I think everyone will like it."

"Thanks, dad. I made a lot of good food for tonight so eat up. I know things haven't been tasting right for you lately so try to eat, okay?" Y/n gives her dad a quick kiss on the cheek before disappearing back into the kitchen.

*Vlad's POV*

Vlad sees Will step through the door. He makes his way over as Will was taking his coat off. "Glad to see you have made it, Will. You're a bit paler in color since I've last seen you," said Vlad.

"Vlad I am sick and dying from cancer. I don't have much longer left in this world so I am doing what I can to enjoy every minute of it. Thank you for inviting me here tonight," said Will.

"Your welcome, Will. So what did you bring for us to enjoy for the night?"

"I already gave the bottke to my daughter. Its a bottle of Moscato with Elderflower. She'll be turning it into sorbet."

"A sorbet? Not exactly an easy feet with a wine at times. It would be interesting to see what she can do." The doorbell rings again and a look of confusion appears on Vlad's face. "Strange. You are the only other guest that said they would be arriving late. Unless its who I think it is. Whom I told they don't need to come to the party tonight." Vlad opens the door. Outside standing in the cold was Will's exwife, Beth, and her boyfriend, Brandon. "I told you two are not welcome tonight," said Vlad.

"We didn't get the memo, Vlad," said Brandon. He hands Vlad bottle of wine. "Hope this makes up for it."

"Oh what a surprise to see you here," said Beth. "How's the cancer treating you?"

Will had to do everything in his power to keep his temper in check. "Will you excuse us please," said Will before pulling Vlad off to the side. "Make sure my daughter stays in kitchen. Lock her in there if you have to."

"What's the problem?" Vlad asks tsking a quick glance back at Beth and Brandon.

"Brandon, Beth's boyfriend, is the one I caught trying to get into Y/n's room back when she was seventeen years old. I do it feel like hsving to break up a fight."

"Sure thing," said Vlad before he heads off towards the kitchen. When he gets to the kitchen, he only finds Danny and Jazmine in the kitchen. "Where's Y/n?"

"She went to go bring out a plate of appetizers for the guests before serving the rest of the food," said Jazmine.

It was at that point both Danny's and Vlad's ghost sense goes off. White vapor escapes from Danny's mouth and red vapor escapes from Vlad's mouth. "Oh you've got to be kidding me!" Vlad snaps. He looks out the kitchen door, trying to see what ghost has decided to pay them a visit. He looks towards the drinks table and sees Y/n about to square off witb Brandon. Not the best of time for that necklace to go off, Vlad thinks to himself.

Vlad quickly makes his way over to Y/n. "Y/n my dear. Why don't you go check on the sorbet and see if it is ready," said Vlad before giving the daggers of death to Brandon.

"What's the matter, Vlad? Can't you see I'm just having a civil conversation with my stepdaughter, Y/n," said Brandon.

"Go step outside and calm yourself down. I'd rather not have you embarrass me in front of my guests!" Vlad whispers in Y/n's ear.

Y/n gives Brandon one last glare before leaving the party and heading outside to cool down.

Vlad returns his attention back to Brandon. "I expect good behavior from you, Brandon. I will not have you ruin this party."

"I'm not here for the party. I'm here to settle things with Y/n," said Brandon befode he walks away and disappeared into the crowd of party-goers. Vlad growls. He didn't like the fact that Brandon was trying to take away what was his. If I have to, I'll deal with him myself.