A Visit (Part 2)

*Y/n's POV*

Y/n watched memories of the past unfold in front of her on the mirror. She was able relive all her memories: happy, sad, angry, and a few other emotions as well. She even rewatched a few memories as well.

"Enjoying your time here, I see," said Clockwork as he floats into the room.

"Thank you for showing me this." Y/n sets the remote down and gets out of the chair. "Are you sure you won't get into trouble with having me here? Am I making a timeline messed up?"

"Yes I'll still get into trouble by the Observers but you are, as of right now, sitting outside of time. Your timeline will still progress without you as long as i return you back to your father's home. If I don't, you will cease to exist." Clockwork shifts from his adult form to his old man form. "Besides you are too important to cease to exist."

"You make it sound as though I have some grand purpose in store for me. Also I figured as to why you wanted to show me those memories, despite some of them I wish I never remembered."

"What did you figure out?"

"I would havw turned to destructive behaviors, am I right?"

"You are half right. You still would have lived your life until you moved to Amity Park. There you would have an unfortunate accident involving Skulker. Not going into the details of it but you would have died." Clockwork sees the color drain from Y/n's face. "That's one timeline I needed to be rid of. Your death would have been like a butterfly effect. But in the current timeline you are in, this one," Clockwork taps the end of his staff on the floor to emphasize his point. "In this timeline, you are teaching Vlad what it means to know the true value of someone is and the treasure that they are. You are his redemption." He floats back towards the door.

"That's a lot to process...But at least I know I'm on the right path."

*Clockwork's POV*

"You are now because of the Wickers Bend ghosts. Despite those two being outside of their time, they put you on the right path. Now if you follow me, I'm going to tell you what is to be expected in the coming months and how to survive it," said Clockwork.

"Survive it?!" Y/n asks.

"Yes, survive it. October is nearly here and Halloween, or as it used to be called All Hallows Eve, is almost upon us. It's during the month of October that the gateways between the human world and the Ghost Zone begin to intersect and merge together, making it so spirits can easily pass between worlds. But it can also get a bit weird as well. For those of you who are...half dead already." Clockwork turns to face Y/n and sees she was confused. "You are, my dear, half dead because of Vlad's mistake. He thought it was okay. What he thought was right in the long run ended up being your undoing in a sense. That night before I brought Death to collect your father's soul, written on Death's clipboard, it said you were dead. But clear as day, there you were sitting, alive in the chair next to your dad."

"That explains what Death meant by Amity Park giving him headaches."

"He still has to do his job despite all the headaches that Amity Park gives him. Of course there is a reason why Amity Park is a ghost Hotspot but that's one thing humans won't like the idea of knowing."

"So what's the deal with October and Halloween with half-ghosts?" Y/n asks as she looks around the corridor that Clockwork continues to lead her down.

"It's one of the few times a year were the gab is bridged between the living and the dead and can get a bit crazy for those of you who cannot deal with what has happened to your bodies. Young Daniel has yet to deal with Halloween as the problems it will cause." Clockwork opens a door and inside the room was a training area.

*Y/n's POV*

"Clockwork you are scaring me. What the hell is going on?" Y/n asks.

"Since we have time on our side, I'm going to train you on how to properly to use your powers but back to what I was saying," said Clockwork. "October and Halloween has been rather difficult for Vlad. He tends to lose control around that time. I know you met Plasmius."

"Yeah...our first meeting wasn't a pretty one. Almost had a heart attack."

"That, one you seen on that day, is what happens to half-ghosts during October. Plasmius wasn't like that in the past. He's rather more feral in nature because of what he done in the past."

"What happened? And yes I know you think I may not like the answer you're about to give me but its best if I understand what happened in Vlad's life."

"Very well then. Because of the accident back during Vlad's college years, with the prototype Ghost Zone Portal, Vlad had to learn the hard way on how to control and master his powers. There's been a few instances where things didn't go well. Because of what happened he became known as a 'Ghost Eater. Every year up until a few years back, over the course of him learning how to control his other half, on October up until Halloween, Vlad would lose control. By doing so he became, what humans would call, feral."

Y/n watches Clockwork turn into his human disguise, the same one she had seen at her father's funeral but this time he wore black sweat pants and a worn purple shirt which had holes in it. Y/n takes a step back. Not sure whether to run or not.

"You're in good hands, Y/n. My job is to make sure you returns safe to your timeline and not to kill you. I'm going to teach you some basic self-defense moves and then to see if we cannot call forth your powers."

"Why? Why all this?" Y/n asks as she beings to relax again.

"So you can. Be able to deal with Vlad and his upcoming feral nature. Since you've been introduced to his life his focus will turn elsewhere where and I'm going to teach you how to fight and to knock some sense into him when needed."

Y/n couldn't help but laugh. "Alright then. Teach me to be able to knock Vlad flat on his arse then."

"Then let's begin," said Clockwork.