Enjoying the Sights

*Vlad's POV*

Vlad follows after Y/n as she heads towards the taffy shop. They were in Keystone now and were going to spend a majority of the day there.

Vlad looks around the town. There were quite a few shops and a locally-owned restaurant. "Doesn't seem to be a bad place to live in," said Vlad.

"Doesn't seem to be," said Y/n before she walks into the taffy shop. The taffy were organized in containers by flavors and a couple of the machines were making fresh taffy. Both Y/n and Vlad buy a half a pound of taffy. Y/n made it so hers had no black licorice flavored taffy while Vlad had his with some black licorice flavored taffy. Y/n runs the taffy back to Vlad's rental car before they check out the rest of the shops. "How can anybody even stand the taste of black licorice. I will never understand."

"It's an acquired taste. Not everyone will like it," said Vlad. After looking around at the shops and stopping to eat at the locally-owned restaurant, Y/n and Vlad drive out to Rapid City for their next destination.

Y/n had to take a bit of convincing with Vlad but she had managed to convince him to stop at the Christmas Village, a year-round Christmas store that opens at the end of April. "I've always wanted to come here." Y/n gets out of the car as soon as it was at a full stop.

"I don't even see the point in coming here." Vlad shakes his head. He knew Y/n would have begged him to come here eventually.

"I plan on changing things up this Christmas with your Christmas tree."

"What's wrong with the way I decorate my Christmas tree?" Vlad asks as he follows Y/n inside the Christmas Village.

"Nothing is wrong with it. I just want to add a few decorations of my own." Y/n diappears around the corner to look at some of the Christmas decorations.

"You are making it sound like its a problem, Y/n." Vlad was trying his best not to get angry. But he couldn't stay mad at her for very long when Y/n comes around the corner wearing a Green Bay Packers Santa hat.

"Look at what I found."

Vlad tries his best to hide his laughter. "No you are not getting that. It looks ridiculous on you."

*Y/n's POV*

"Who said about getting it for me. I'm going to be getting it for you," said Y/n.

"No and that's final," said Vlad.

"Too late." Y/n walks away, laughing.

"Why do I even love her...oh wait now I remember." Vlad and Y/n spend the next hour looking at the decorations before leaving the Christmas Village. They make their way to Mount Rushmore. "Seem like you want to get everything done in one day."

"I'm trying not to but I kinda want to get home here soon."

"There's twenty-six more days until Halloween. We can spend what time we want here in South Dakota before heading back to Wisconsin."

"You forget about Plasmius. I don't feel like being in a public place again and dealing with him. That's the main reason why I brought the fight out to the forest." Y/n looks out the car window, watching the scenery rush past the window. The leaves had already changed color, bringing vibrantly red, gold, and yellows to the trees.

"I know you don't like dealing with him but I've been dealing with him longer than you will ever have."

"Let's just drop the discussion and focus on the trip. I don't feel like being sad for the remainder of it." It was about two hours later before they get back to the resort. Both Y/n and Vlad were exhausted. Y/n collapses onto the bed, not even bothering too change out of her clothes.

Vlad collapse onto the bed next to Y/n. He was just as tired as her. They had decided to to a bit of hiking at one of the hiking trails next to Mount Rushmore beforehand calling it a day. Vlad regrets his decision to do so but he was glad he did. It meant more time spent with Y/n. "Tomorrow we are going to go to Crazy Horse Memorial and then after that we will make our way towards home."

"That's fine. I want to stop at one more place after we go see the Crazy Horse Memorial," said Y/n who was now fighting back sleep.

"Where so you want to go?"

"A business called House of Scandinavia. Locally-owned but I hear its worth to check it out."

"That'll fine. After that we will make our way home." It wasn't too much longer before Vlad falls asleep.

It was the middle of the night before Y/n wakes up. She gets out of bed and changes into a pair of pajamas so she could be a little more comfortable. As she was about to climb back into bed she notices that Vlad wasn't there. "Vlad?" She checks the bathroom and then she checks outside on the patio. She finds him outside, wearing just a pairs of sweat pants and no shirt. "Could've sleep?"

"Not really. Plasmius woke me up. Something about us being watched. I think we should leave as soon as morning comes. Plus..." Both his and Y/n's ghost sense goes off. "Okay look like we are not waiting around then." Vlad drags Y/n back inside.

"What about..."

"We will still go what you want to do. Just go get us checked out. Make up a story if you have to so the lady at the front desk doesn't ask too many questions." Vlad quickly gets dressed and helps Y/n pack their things.

Y/n heads downstairs after she gets dressed and tells the lady behind the desk why they want to check out early which wasn't too much of a hassle. She takes their luggage out to the rental car. From there, Y/n waits for Vlad.

After five minutes, Vlad comes outside. "Now lets go. I do not want to stick around to find out what made Plasmius think as to why we should leave."

"Well ahead of you," said Y/n before she gets into the car.