Aftershocks (Part 3)

*Y/n's POV*

Y/n leaves the bathroom in a somewhat fresh change of clothes. They were the ones that she had in her car on the night of her car accident on Wickers Bend. It was better than nothing plus she didn't feel like getting nagged at by her mother. Y/n finds Vlad waiting outside the bathroom for her. "Ready to get this over with?"

"So who else is going to show up?" Vlad asks.

"My brother, my sister, and my aunt and uncle so they can get what my dad left them. As for Beth and Brandon, whom I see are already here, will get what they deserve." Y/n makes her way to Edward's office. "Once this is all over I plan on taking a long nap. Hate how drained I feel."

It wasn't much longer before Alaster, Marie, Blake, and Gwen arrive to the law office building.

"So we have to deal with mom, huh?" Alaster asks as he walks through the doors. Alaster was tall, about 6'1", a good foot and a few inches taller than Y/n. His brown hair was dyed blond and he had hazel colored eyes. He was wearing a white t-shirt, which was soaked in some spots by the rain, and blue jeans. He was three years older than Y/n.

"Gotta say, bro, since when do we like to deal with mom? After what she did to dad and what her boyfriend almost tried to do to Y/n, what's to love anymore? Am I right?" Marie asks. She had her long black hair tied into a ponytail. She had grey-green eyes. She wore a black dress, which she wore blue jeans underneath, to fight off the cold of the rain. She was three years older than Y/n as well. It may not show but both her and Alaster were twins.

"Beth has her flaws but what she did is still unforgivable,"said Black. He wore a black shirt and black jeans, fitting attire for a funeral despite the weather. He had blue eyes and short scruffy brown hair. "Despite what has happened in the family, we still have to deal with Beth and Brandon."

"Just wish that Beth never found Brandon. Sad to say she was cheating on Will before she divorced him," said Gwen. She wore a grey dress, wearing jeans beneath them. Her long blond hair was tied back into a ponytail but parts of it was loose from the hair tie.

"Let's just get this over with so we can go home," said Y/n.

*Vlad's POV*

Vlad follows after Y/n as she and everyone else go into Edward's office. He sits down next to Y/n in order to make sure that Brandon didn't try to stsrt anything with Y/n. He gives Y/n his coat so she could warm herself up from the cold.

"I'm glad you could all make it today," saiz Edward as he comes into his office. He sits down in his chair on the other side of his desk. "Just wish it was under better circumstances." Edward pulls out the file that contains the redone will that William had requested. One more change had been made during his stay at the hospital. "Now lets begin."

Y/n shifts around uncomfortably in her seat. She didn't like being in the same room as her mom and Brandon.

Edward reads the parts of the will that didn't need to be changed for Alaster, Marie, Gwen, and Blake. It was when he read the part of the will that would have Beth and Brandon get the hundred dollars each in pennies and dimes. "And for my ex-wife and her boyfriend, I leave you one hundred dollars each in pennies and dimes," said Edward.

"WHAT?!!" Screamed both Beth and Brandon in unision.

"That shouldn't be allowed!" Beth yelled. "Will shouldn't be able to do that!"

"He can," said Edward. "He made sure to leave you both something. Otherwise he knew you would come back around and try to sue in order to get the assests. Now both of you shut the hell up and let me finish. Or I will have no choice but to throw you both out. Bad enough you both are acting like a couple of children." Edward returns his attention back to the will. "As for my youngest child, Y/n, I leave her with my home and all items contained in it. You are now the sole owner of my house and the deed has been re-written in your name. The house is fully paid off so you don't have to worry about it. My final gift to you."

Vlad looks over at Y/n. She had a blank look in her eyes plus she was fighting back tears.

"I get...Will left me his house? I...." Y/n wipes the tears from her eyes as they fell down her cheeks. "Why didn't he just give it to Alaster or Marie? Why not to uncle Blake and aunt Gwen?"

"Will wanted me to make sure that you had a home to call your own. His way, I'm quoting what he said, planning for the future," said Edward. He hands copies of the will to each of the family members who had showed up for the reading of the last will and testament.

After a few minutes, everyone left Edward's office. Alaster and Marie comfort Y/n as she broke down crying again. Blake and Gwen went over to Vlad to talk to him.

"So why is Y/n living with you?" Blake asks. "My wife and I only heard about the car accident that she was in and the fact she quit working at Lunar Oasis."

"My original plan was to have her work as my personal chef but seeing all the strife she's been through with her family, I think it would be best to have her do her own thing," said Vlad.

"That is if you can get her to stop cooking," said Gwen. "Even as a kid she liked helping William in the kitchen. He was the one who made sure she pursued her dreams. If she didn't, she'd be a completely different one."

Vlad looks over to Gwen. "What do you mean?"

"Will has been sick a couple years before Y/n turned sixteen. It was around that time she was about to give up on her passion of cooking. It was with Will's help and her desire to help her father get better, that she continues her love of cooking. She wanted to help him eat healthier in order to slow the cancer down. It worked for a bit but as you can see with recent events, it caught up to him," said Blake.

"You take care of Y/n," said Gwen.

"We know you care about her. I can tell you try not to show it, Vlad," said Blake. After that, Blake and his wife leave. They had a long drive in order to return home.

Alaster and Marie leave as well but before they tell Y/n that they plan on having a small family gathering once a month in order for Y/n not to feel too depressed over what has happened.

Vlad walks over to Y/n and takes his coat back from her. "Let's head home. You need to rest."

"Where do you think you are going?!" Beth snaps as she stomps over to Y/n and Vlad.

Vlad steps in front of Y/n to prevent an altercation. "Don't even bother, Beth. Its not worth it," said Vlad as he stares down Beth.

"It's not fair Y/n gets that house! I paid for it. If it wasn't for me, Will would have been homeless!"

*Y/n's POV*

Y/n laughs. "That's funny. From what I remember, you wanted nothing to do with that house. Alaster and Marie had to help dad with everything!"

"You ungrateful bitch! I will..." Beth was stunned into silence when Y/n open-hand slapped her across her face. A red handprint mark slowly appeared on Beth's face.

"I'm tired of your bull, mom. No one cares about you or Brandon. Be happy you got something, just not what you expected to receive." Brandon takes a step towards Y/n and she turns towards him. "Stay the hell out of this or else!"

"You think I'm scared of you? You would have been mine that night if your father didn't intervene," said Brandon.

"I'm done with you," said Y/n before she punches Brandon in the face, making him fall to the floor. And with that, Y/n leaves the law office with Vlad following her outside.