Primal (Part 2)

*Y/n's POV*

Y/n had just finished making the French Chestnut soup and was about to set the table when she sensed she was being watched. She knew it was Vlad and she was glad it wasn't Plasmius. She hated how he was becoming obsessed with her. But at least it wasn't to the point to killing people to win her favor. "What do you need, Vlad?"

"Just watching you, my dear," said Vlad.

"How about helping me out instead of watching me. If you want to start dating me, its a team effort."

"But it's more enjoyable watching you work." Vlad laughs a little when he sees Y/n turn red in the face from blushing. "Besides you still haven't told me where you wanted to go for our first date."

"Someplace private. Rather not let the media know we are dating. Last thing I need is every news outlet in the city knocking at my door, wanting interviews left and right."

"Then how about we use those reservations your dad bought for that resort in Deadwood, South Dakota for you to use. As of right now, they are collecting dust."

In the back of her mind, Y/n remembered reading about what the tickets reserved to be used...the honeymoon suite. Y/n puts on a blank face so Vlad couldn't tell she was thinking.

"You're worried, Y/n. I can tell." Vlad finishes helping Y/n set the table. "What's wrong?"

"It's nothing."

"Doesn't sound like nothing."

"What if you lose your hold on Plasmius and he takes control? Then what?! I don't need another near heart attack from him. Plus with it being October, you're already showing signs of him taking control."

"I'll try to keep him in check, Y/n." Vlad sits down at the table. "How soon do you want to leave for Deadwood?"

"I don't care, really. More work still needs to be done on the house first."

"Fine then. What still needs to be done?"

Y/n sita down at the twble across from Vlad. "New furniture for my old room, dad's old room, the guests room, new appliances for the kitchen, and new furniture for the living room. Also a new coat of paint for the outside of the house too."

"Thats still a lot of work. How about we go to Deadwood first and then finish the work on the house. That way you don't stress yourself out too much." Vlad knew that Y/n was still getting used to the idea of going on a date with him, let alone spending the week or longer depending on how long the reservations would be at the resort for, in the same room together. The rest of the night was spent in silence as they ate together. Vlad wanted what was best for Y/n, even if Plasmius wanted her as well. Both one being in the same body. Both wanted the one girl they loved.

*Vlad's POV*

The next day, with a private plane, Vlad and Y/n fly out to Deadwood, South Dakota. The landscape was colorful from all the trees and plants changing color for fall. Once the plane landed, he ordered a rental car so that way no one would figure out he was without someone. Y/n did have a point. There was no use for the public to know that they were together. It was about an hour drive to the resort, which was spent in silence as well.

At the resort, Vlad has Y/n head on up to the room while he talks to the lady at the front desk. "How much is it going to take for you to keep quiet about my stay here?"

"Oh I don't know, Mr. Masters. It's going to take a bit to keep these lips sealed," said the lady behind the front desk. She was in her early twenties.

Vlad could tell she was trying to flirt with him but it wasn't working. "How about enough money to pay off your student loans?"

"My student loans? What makes you think I am working here to pay off my student loans?!"

"Someone as young as you, barely out of her first year of college, trying to find a job with a good enough pay to make ends meet. So yeah, enough money to pay off your student loans. And if I find out you or any one else spills the beans that I am staying here, there will be hell to pay."

"Enjoy your stay, Mr. Masters."

Vlad walks away from the front desk and heads upstairs to the honeymoon suite. Y/n was busy unpacking their things. As he closed the door behind him, Vlad could feel his control on his Ghost form weakening. I'm going to have to drag this out for as long as I can. Once we make it past Halloween, we will be home free, Vlad thinks the himself. He locks the door behind him and sets the keys to their room on the dresser. "How do you like the room so far, Y/n?" Vlad asks.

"Not quite what I was expecting. Since this is the honeymoon suite, that had to go all out, to a sense, to impress whoever would stay here. I'm going to take a shower. I need to relax." Y/n grabs a change of clothes before heading into the bathroom.

Vlad hears Y/n lock the door behind her. He laughs. Y/n should know by now that locked doors do nothing against him. All he would have to do is just turn intangible and phase right through it. Vlad changes into more comfortable clothes. Vlad had all the time he needed to wait for Y/n. "Only twenty-nine more days until Halloween and I can have my fun. Maybe I'll have it sooner than later..." Like honey dipped in silver. Y/n had no idea what kind of trouble would unfold for her. A sudder passes though Vlad's body. "On second thought I think I'll make my move here soon. Why should I let Vladdie get all the fun. We are two halves of the same whole. We should share her." Vlad remains control again. "I am not letting you hurt Y/n. She's been though hell with two people in her life. She doesn't need another hell started by you."

Vlad walks over to the mirror and sees his other half staring back at him.

"Whether you like it or not, Vlad, your control over me always weakens this time of year. Same time for thirty-one days. You forget at how the Ghost Zone almost overlaps the human world."

"Like I said, you will not hurt her or else."

Plasmius laughs. "We'll see then."