Cleaning House (Part 2)

*Y/n's POV*

Y/n heads into the kitchen, the set of keys in her hands. She unlocks the lock box and smiles. "I'm glad dad kept these." She pulls a chef's knife out of the box. The chef's knif was the size of a regular chef's knife but the blade had swirls of silver to it.

"What's so great about this knives?" Sam asks.

"The best quality knifes you can use in a kitchen. Made from Damascus steel. Dad got these for me as a graduation present after high school. I was supposed to bring the with me when I was supposed to go to culinary college." Y/n puts the knife back in the box.

"Yet get the feeling you dropped out of college," said Vlad.

"I had too. Dad needed help." Y/n closes the lock box. "Hopefully Benny gets back soon with this boxes."

A while later, Y/n was going through the stuff in her dad's study. She was busy putting stuff in boxes that can either be donated or thrown away. She even found a few boxes with stuff her dad had saved. Y/n opens one of the boxes that were in the study. Inside the box was a few ties, a leather journal and something that was bottle shaped that was wrapped in brown paper. It had a not attached to it. Y/n opens the note and reads it.

If you are finding this note, that means I have passed on. I was planning on giving this bottle of wine to you on your wedding day, to share with your husband, but seeing that fate has other plans, I am giving the house to you so you can end up finding this bottle of wine. I am sorry I won't be able to walk you down the isle and I'm sorry you had to deal with Beth and Brandon as you grew up. Don't be like them and treat whomever you end up being with, with the love and kindness they deserve. Do not forget I will always love you, Y/n.

Love, William.

Y/n wipes the tears from her eyes and unwrap the bottle of wine. It was a wine called Ambrosia and it was a red wine. "Why dad..." She sets the bottle of wine on the desk and proceeded to open the drawers to find what was in them. Y/n finds more wedding gifts her father would given her. She found a couple of envelopes with money in them. Both had over five thousand dollars in them and one of the envelopes had tickets for the honeymoon at the resort which was in South Dakota. Y/n ends up breaking down again. She didn't know her father had saved a good chunk of money on top of the medical bills he had to deal with.

Y/n finished cleaning out of her father's study and carries the boxes downstairs. She finds Sam, Tucker, Danny sitting in the living room. "Are you guys hungry? I can cook something up with what is atill edible in the kitchen."

"Sounds like a plan," said Danny.

"Can you make that vegetarian chili you made us that one time?" Sam asks.

"I can. I'll have a bit more to work with now since this kitchen is better stocked and there is a garden out in the backyard. So I'll be able to add a bit more," said Y/n. "You guys wash up. I'm going to head out back." Y/n sets the boxes down from her dad's study and heads out to the backyard.

*Vlad's POV*

Vlad was waiting outside for Y/n. He thought it was best to give her time to herself and with her friends too. "Are you okay? You look like you've been crying again. Do you need to talk?" Vlad asks.

"I'll be fine for right now. Just found some things in my dad's study that he was supposed to give me on my wedding day. He planned ahead but cancer had other ideas."

"He was planning for a better future for his daughter. Not alot of people have that opportunity in life," said Vlad.

"Anyways since you are out here, want to help me with picking vegetables? I'm going to be cooking for us here in a bit."

"I could help if you want," said Vlad with a soft smile.

*Danny's POV*

Danny was watching through the kitchen window of Vlad helping Y/n in the garden.

"I find it strange that Vlad is actually tolerating with us being here," said Sam.

"It's because Y/n is here he's putting up with us," said Tucker.

"In case you guys haven't noticed, I haven't had any fights with Plasmius since Y/n has been in Vlad's life. She's making a difference with him. He's happier now. He's not as angry too," said Danny. "I'm glad Vlad is better off now. Makes it so that's one ghost for me to fight."

"Make that two less ghosts to fight since Y/n won't let you fight the Box Ghost," said Sam.

The back door opens and both Vlad and Y/n come in with an armful of vegetables. Vlad was laughing over something that Y/n had said and he appeared not to care about his suit being covered in dirt. "See what I mean," said Danny.

*Y/n's POV*

Y/n was busy cleaning up from cooking. She had made a vegetarian chili for Sam, with enough leftover for her to take home and a stir fry for Danny, Vlad, and Tucker with chicken, pork, rice, Brussel sprouts, and egg in it. Y/n didn't tell Tucker that the pork wasn't actually pork, it was tofu. But she couldn't tell he didn't notice. "So what did you guys think of the food?"

"The chili tasted better this time," said Sam. "Are you sure you want me to take the leftovers home?"

"Go ahead. Just make sure I get the dish back," said Y/n.

"The stir fry was pretty good to," said Tucker. "You should cook for us all the time."

"How about this, whenever we hang out I'll cook for you guys." Y/n sits diwn next to Vlad at the table. "How about next time we hang out at Sam's place or maybe Tucker's?"

"We could. It just cannot be on a school night. We still have to study for our finals," said Danny.

"I forgot you guys are seniors in high school."

Vlad looks out of the corner of his eye at Y/n. He though she looked cute when she laughed but he thought she was beautiful when she smiled. He wouldn't admit it yet but he was starting to fall for her. But he still had to remember to tell Skulker there was a change in plans now. Vlad didn't want the same fate to happen to him, happen to Y/n.