A New Home

*Y/n's POV*

Y/n couldn't hardly believe it. She was living in a mansion now. It had taken a week to get all of her stuff moved out of her apartment. The landlords were not to happy when Vlad had paid the one thousand dollars to break her lease but at least she didn't have to worry about being out of work now. At the mansion, Vlad gave her one of the spare rooms to use on the main floor since it was still hard for her to use stairs because of her hurt leg. Even though she was glad to be out of the apartment, she was sad to see Mrs. O'Leary go. Before leaving, Mrs. O'Leary told Y/n if she ever needed anything, just to give her a call.

Y/n sits down on her bed, taking a break from unpacking one of the boxes. She knew she would have to plan something for lunch, but the question was what. She didn't even know what Vlad liked and disliked for food. For all she knew, she coukd mske something that he didn't like. "I guess I could make something up then." She gets up from her bed and heads to the kitchen. Y/n was greatful to have gotten the tour of the place when she did. When she got to the kitchen finally, she sees the maid busy cleaning. "Excuse me, ma'am?"

The maid turns from her cleaning and smiles at Y/n. "Good to see you are up and about, my lady. What can I do for you?"

"Do you know what likes and dislikes Vlad has for food? Also what is your name?"

"My name is Amber and not that I know of. Just fix what you think he would eat. I mean after all you are his new personal chef."

"Did he have any other chefs before me?"

Amber shakes her head. "Not that I know of. I just started working here a couple of months ago." She finished her cleaning. "Let me know if you need any help." Amber leaves the kitchen.

Y/n watches Amber leave the kitchen and turns her attention to the contents in the cabinets and fridge. "I'll think I'll try my hand and make some homemade chicken noodle soup."

*Vlad's POV*

Vlad was heading downstairs when he smells chicken cooking in the kitchen.
"Wonder what Y/n is making." He makes his way to the kitchen. As he gets closer he hears music playing. Y/n was singing Immortal by Fallout Boy as she was making homemade noodles. Vlad clears his throat to get her attention.

Y/n turns to face Vlad. She had flour covering her clothes. She dusts herself off. "Thought I'd go with something simple. I asked Amber what you liked flto esr for food and she couldn't give me a straight answer. So I thought something simple."

Vlad makes his way over to the stove. He sees that there was a couple chicken thighs cooking in the pot. "Remind me to give you money to buy what you need for the kitchen."

"Hopefully homemade chicken noodle soup isn't too bland for you." Y/n looks over at Vlad and was finally able to get a good look at him. He was tall with long silver hair which was tied back into a ponytail. He had broad shoulders besides the fact she could tell he worked out as well. Y/n quickly looks away, trying to hid the blush that slowly crept across her face.

Vlad smirks for he had seen Y/n blush before she could hide it. "Let me know when the soup is ready," said Clad before be leaves tbe kitchen. This is going to be an interesting relationship, Vlad thinks to himself. He heads back down to the basement which housed his lab. He walks over to one of the tables. It had bits and pieces of different broken gadgets and tools. But what held his interest lays on the table before him, was a gold necklace with a green gemstone. "Within a week or month I can begin testing with Y/n. "Can't afford to cause too much harm to her at this point. But its going to take some getting used to with having her around. Patience is a virture with its own rewards." Vlad picks up the necklace. "This better be worth the trouble of procuring it considering the trouble is causes the wearer." He recalled the problems the necklace has caused in the past with previous wearers, especially Sam Manson. Vlad was lost in thought when his stomach starts to growl. "I'd guess I'd better go check on Y/n."

As Vlad makes his way back upstairs, he hears the music coming from the kitchen abruptly shut off and Y/n frantically answering her phone. He decides to listen in on the conversation.

"Hi, dad. How are you doing today?"

Vlad turns invisible so that Y/n doesn't see him.

"I see then. Doing fine. In the new place now. Vlad Masters is my employer now, dad. I know you don't think of it as a good idea but I still won't be able to work on my feet for long period of time...." Y/n pinches the bridge of hed nose. "Yes, dad. I am getting plenty of rest. I'll be seeing the doctor in two weeks to see how my wounds are healing. I'll see you in a bit as soon as I am done eating. Love you," said Y/n before she hangs up on her end of the call. She turns around and sees Vlad, who a few seconds before turns visible again, was standing right behind her. "Holy...." She drops her phone in fright. "Don't scare me like that!"

Vlad laughs. "My apologies. Who were you talking to?"

"My father. He wants me to stop by his place. He wants to rewrite his will with the help of his lawyer and wants me to look over it as well. I told him I'll stop by after we eat."

"And how do you expect to get there, my dear?"

"I was going to ask you if you could take me there. He wants to talk to you as well."

"I see no problem in that. Now about that soup you were marking," said Vlad as he glances back behind Y/n to the boiling pot on the stove behind her.

"Its ready. Can you grab me two bowls since I can't quit reach them because of this blasted sling that my arm is in." Y/n tilts her head towards her right arm, which was in a sling. She no longer had it in a cast but she had it wrapped up in an ACE bandage.

Vlad walks over to the cupboard and grabs two bowls out of it. Only a matter of time now, Vlad thinks to himself.