Hanging with Friends

*Y/n's POV*

Y/n was talking to Danny while he was driving back to Amity Park. Y/n, Sam, Tucker, and Danny were all cracking jokes on the way there. Y/n wipes the tears from her eyes and looks towards the road, her eyes widening in horror. "STOP!!" Y/n screams.

Danny slams down on the breaks. "What the hell, Y/n?! Are you trying to scare me?!"

Y/n points to the road ahead of them. "If you want to die I suggest that you turn around and find an alternate route."

"Why?" Tucker asks.

Both Danny's and Y/n's ghost sense. Sam and Tucker look at Y/n in shock.

"You about drove us through Wickers Bend,' said Y/n, not taking her eyes off of the turn ahead of them.

"Its broad daylight. There's no way that ghost...."

"Ghosts. There's two of them," said Danny as he puts the car in reverse. Two strange distortions, like the kind you see from the heat rising of the road on a hot summer day, disappear.  "So what's the big deal about Wickers Bend?"

"This small stretch of road has been haunted for years. Even when I was a litle kid, I was told not to play near or even walk by Wickers Bend. No one knows how it got its name originally. Some people think that way back when there used to be a house on this hill. A man sold wicker baskets to make a living. One day, in a druken haze, a couple of men followed him home one night and burned his house down, trapping him inside."

Danny backs the car to a safe distance away. "So any other way around?"

"Yeah. It's an hour to get around but the street will get you back safe to Amity Park." Y/n losens her grip on the passenger seat in front of her, not realizing she had a tight grip on it.

"How do you know that street is there, the one that's an hour to get around Wickers Bend?" Sam asks.

"One of my old coworkers, who used to work at Milo's Pizza, told me about it. He told me if I have to make a delivery past Wickers Bend, call the customer to inform them about what kind of delay they will expect, and bring plenty of blankets to keep the pizza or pizzas hot. Ethan didn't believe in spending the money to get those hot box things to keep the pizza hot."

After another hour, Y/n and the others make it safely back to Danny's house. Y/n gets our of the car and looks up at Danny's home. "Not like what I pictured," said Y/n.

"Yeah. Like I told you, my parents hunt ghosts. I'm still surprised that their tech hasn't taken over the whole house yet." Danny heads inside. Tucker and Sam follow after him.

Y/n pulls her phone out of her pocket to see if she has any messages from Vlad. "Still nothing," said Y/n as shs looks through her messages and call log. "What the hell is your problem? You've, for as long as I have known you, never distanced yourself like this." Y/n puts her phone back into her pocket and heads inside.

*Danny's POV*

"Hey, mom. I'm home. I brought Y/n," said Danny.

Maddie walks out of the kitchen. "Good to see you've guys made it safely back."

"Yeah. Sorry if we had taken a bit longer to ger here. We had to find another way to get around Wickers Bend."

"Oh you mean the road where Y/n got into the car accident?" Maddie asks.

"Yes ma'am. That very one. Danny almost drove right past the very same spot I crashed at. I caught it in time before he could drive though," said Y/n.

"Sorry we got back late, mom. Also, if its not too much of a hassle, could Y/n cook for us? She did offer to cook as her treat, that is if it's okay?"

"I don't see a problem. Just be sure to clean up after yourselves," said Maddie before she heads down to the basement.

"Alright then. Let's get cooking. But first let's see what I am working with," said Y/n as she ties her hair back. Y/n opens the fridge and sees hamburger meat. "So who's up for hamburgers?"

"No thanks," said Tucker. "We had eaten the other day at Nasty Burger."

Y/n laughs. "Trust me. The hamburgers I make will taste better than Nasty Burger's." She looks back over to Sam. "Don't worry I'll fix a vegetarian dish for you. I'm glad I have enough to work with here." After about thirty minutes, Y/n had hamburgers for herself, Danny, and Tucker. As for Sam, she made a vegetarian chilli. Y/n watches her friends enjoy the food she made for them. "So what do you guys think?"

"These are pretty good burgers," said Danny, making sure he had swallowed his bite of food before speaking. "Where did you learn to cook food like this so good?"

"When I was eighteen, I started work at Lunar Oasis. I washed dishes there when I first worked there. By the time I was twenty-five, I started work as the prep cook. On occasion cooking a few of the menu items when the chef called out sick. When I was twenty-seven, I started working at Milo's Pizza in order to make enough money to afford my apartment."

"Geeze and here we thought you just worked at Lunar Oasis," said Sam.

"It's not easy working two jobs but now its a lot less stressful now since I'm working as Vlad's personal chef."

"If you don't mind me asking, how's that working out for you?" Danny asks.

*Y/n's POV*

Y/n was about to answer Danny's question when her phone starts to ring. She checks tonl see who's calling and sees it was from the hospital. Y/n quickly answers it. "Hello?"

"Is this Y/n?" A female voice asks on the other end of the call.

"Yes this is her," said Y/n.

"I'm calling in regards to your father, William. He will be moved to a different hospital, one in Amity Park, where he will continue with his cancer treatment. His condition has improved."

"Wait a minute? Why are you moving him to Amity Park? Why not move him to the hospital that's an hour away from the hospital he's currently staying at?"

"The hospital in Amity Park is better equipped to continue William's treatment with the medication he is taking."

"Okay then. So how soon will he be moved?"

"By the end of this week."

"Hey just remember to tell whoever moves him to avoid Wickers Bend."

"I'll relay the information. Have a good day," said the nurse before she hangs up on her end of the call.

Y/n hangs up on her end of the call and puts her phone back into her pocket. She finds Danny, Sam, and Tucker staring at her. "What?"

"What was that about?" Danny asks.

"My father will be leaving the hospital he's currently at to be transferred to the one here in Amity Park, which doesn't make sense to me. I was told he's doing better now."

"That's good. Last you told us, you thought he was at Death's door," said Tucker.

"Don't remind me. It was a hellish three months for me." Y/n was happy her father was doing better but she now had a sinking feeling in her stomach that something bad is going to happen.