Safe at Home

*Y/n's POV*

Y/n made it to Sioux Falls, South Dakota with little rest. They still got all the stops in: Wall, South Dakota to see Wall Drug and what it has for its tourist destination. Michell, South Dakota for the Corn Palace.

Y/n and Vlad were at the airport. Vlad had just checked in the rental car and gave a call to the pilot of the private jet they used to fly to Deadwood to fly back to Wisconsin since there was a change in plans.

Y/n was using Vlad's shoulder as a pillow as she was half asleep waiting for their flight back home. Both were tired and wanted to be home. Vlad said it would be best if they just head back to the mansion so that way whatever threat was still follows them, they would be ready for whatever it is.

After finally getting back to the mansion, with their flight delayed by thirty minutes, Y/n and Vlad could finally start to relax to a certain degree.  Vlad heads down to his lab to see what they could do to prepare for the coming threat. "Wish we didn't have to rush to get here," said Y/n as she yawns and stretches. She heads upstairs to her room and collapses onto the bed. "Still what the hell did we both sense back at the resort?" Y/n stretches again, making one of her knees pop. "We still..." Y/n looks over at the calender hangings on her bedroom wall. "Only twenty-six more days until Halloween. We wasted a day back in Michell to rest, which is fine."

Y/n grabs one of her pillows and puts it over her head, screaming in it. She needed to vent and she was frustrated she didn't get a chance to enjoy their stay in South Dakota.

*Vlad's POV*

Little did Y/n know is that Vlad had made off with her phone when she wasn't looking. He unlocks Y/n's phone and scrolls through her contacts until he finds Danny's name. "Good thing she has Little Badger's number," said Vlad. He taps the speed dial and waits for Danny to pick up on his end of the call.

"Hey, Y/n what's up?" Danny asks when he answers on his end of the call.

"This isn't Y/n, it's Vlad."

"Vlad why do you have Y/n's phone? Your not trying to blackmail her, are you?"

"No I am not. The reason as to why I am calling you is that I need your help." Vlad hated asking for help but with whatever is stalking them, having help would be greatly appreciated.

"Last I heard from Y/n is that you two were at a resort in South Dakota. What happened?"

"Long story. It would be best if I explain in person."

"This isn't a trap, is it?"

"Y/n would never forgive me if I hurt one of her friends. So consider it a truce between us."

"Alright then. I'll see you when I get to the mansion," said Danny before he hangs up on his end of the call.

Vlad hangs up Y/n's phone and sets it on one of the tables in his lab. He knew Y/n would be mad at him using her phone but it was for the best. He heads back upstairs to wait for Danny to show up. He makes a couple other phone calls as well. After about thirty minutes, Vlad's ghost sense goes off. He opens the door and Danny had just turned out of his Ghost form.

"Does Y/n have your mansion as a neutral zone?" Danny asks before stepping inside Vlad's mansion.

"For now, yes. Expect more visitors here sometime soon."  Vlad heads upstairs to check on Y/n, whom is fast asleep in her room. He decided to wake her up since she needed to know what was going on.

Vlad walks over to Y/n's bed and shakes her shoulder. "Y/n you need to wake up," said Vlad.

"Five more minutes..." Y/n mumbles, pulling the blankets over her head.

"Y/n you need to wake up now. We need to plan out the next step to deal with the upcoming threat."

"If she wants to sleep, let her sleep. I can come by later if you want me to," said Danny as he appears by the bedroom doorway, not stepping into Y/n's room since he didn't want to go in.

Y/n bolts upright, the blankets were flung off of her, falling over the side of the bed. "Why is Danny here?!"

"I called him using your phone. He going to help us out plus I have a couple other guests coming to help us out."

"First of all never take my phone again without my permission. Secondly you need to start explaining yourself as to why you are asking people to help you out. You never ask for help, rarely if ever." Y/n gets out of bed and pushes Vlsd out of her room. "Let me change into some clean clothes." She shuts the dor behind her once Vlad was out of the room.

"You're willing to risk Y/n's anger when she finds out who will be helping us?" Danny asks.

"You won't either but I'm doing whatever I can to keep Y/n safe. Whatever is out there that spooked Plasmius is dangerous enough to ask for help to deal with. I'm surprised you haven't sensed anything yet," said Vlad with a smirk.

"Probably still can't since you've had your ghost powers longer than I have."

"Speaking of ghost powers, Y/n has hers now. Turns out having that necklace of Prince Aragon's had enough of a residual energy to turn her half-ghost. At least it didn't happen the same way with us."

"You wouldn't have been able to. That memory of it happening to you is still fresh in your mind." Danny heads back downstairs.

Vlad looks back at the door of Y/n's bedroom. He knew she wouldn't like the events coming up.