Aftershocks (Part 1)

*two weeks later*
*Y/n's POV*

It was the day of Y/n's father's funeral and it was gloomy as hell out. It was raining outside. Quite the mood killer, right? Everyone was on their way to the cemetery to say their final words for Will's passing or a few parting words of condolences to Y/n. She didn't even care at this point. She numbed herself to the outside world. It wasn't the first time she numbed here to the outside world. As Y/n made her way outside the funeral home, heading to Vlad's car, she takes one final look at the coffin that held her father as it was being loaded in the hearse.

"I hope I am not too late," said a voice next to Y/n.

Y/n looks over her shoulder and sees a gentlemen in purple hoodie and black jeans. He had long white hair and blue eyes. His hair was tied back in to a pony tail. Plus he had a scar over his left eye. He smiles at Y/n. "I'll give you one guess to figure out who I am."

Y/n stares at him for a few minutes bwfofe giving her answer. "Clockwork, am I right?"

Clockwork smiles again at Y/n. "Bit of a depressing day, isn't it? I managed to find some free time, not by much, in your timeline to come see you. Don't expect me to do this so often. I do have a busy schedule to keep."

"You mentioned a gift you were going to give me the last time we met," said Y/n.

"Ah yes. I do remember. I'll give it to you after the funeral is done but first..." Clockwork holds his arms out to Y/n. "Come here. You look like you need a hug."

Y/n goes into Clockwork's embrace, fighting to hold back tears.

"Don't get used to this. I don't show affection too often." Clockwork pats Y/n on her back. "Come on and let the water works flow. It is very unhealthy to bottle up your emotions. Trust me I know a few who did and it didn't work out for them."

Y/n let's herself be held by Clockwork. It dawned on her after a few seconds that he had stopped time for her again.

"I have time to spare. Just let yourself cry. You'll feel better afterwards. I don't interfere unless needed so take this time to yourself while you can."

Y/n breaks down and starts to cry. So much greif and sorrow was built up over the past four months and it was all let out at once.

"Like I said, its not healthy to bottle up your emotions. You humans never change. Someone breaks you and your first instinct is to shut yourself off from everything and bottle it up." Clockwork has Y/n look up at him and wipes away her tears. "I'm about to unfreeze time. Now is the best time to say or ask anything."

"You did say..."

Clockwork reaches into the pocket of his hoodie and hands Y/n a gear-shaped medallion. "When you are ready, I'll come pick you up from Vlad's mansion. It's going to be your job to make sure he doesn't fall to darkness." Clockwork lets go of Y/n and steps back from here. "We'll see each other again, my dear." He makes his staff appear and pushes a button on it. "Time in." And with that, Clockwork disappeared from Y/n's timeline.

*Vlad's POV*

Vlad had just stepped out of the funeral home when he briefly tastes purple. "That was strange..." He sees Y/n standing outside of his car, soaked from the rain. "It doesn't matter if she ruins the seats." Vlad walks up to Y/n. "Let's get going and get you home before you catch a cold."

"Okay...." Y/n gets into the car.

"Yet she's still bottling up her emotions," said Vlad before he gets into his car. Little did he know was that Y/n had a good cry while talk to Clockwork. During the drive to the cemetery, Vlad decides to try to get Y/n to talk. "If you want we do have time to talk before we get to the cemetery" said Vlad.

"What's the point. All you do is push me away again just like the last time. I wouldn't be feeling as bad if you were home like you were supposed to! You didn't even leave a note as to where you went! You usually leave a note or tell me when you leave for a business trip!"

Vlad, out of the corner of his eye, noticed that Y/n's eyes have turned red and that she now had fangs. "Y/n calm down. We don't need you to start any fires."

"Maybe I should. That way I'll die in a fiery inferno and die before having to see my dad buried."

"You're just mad over the fact I left that day, aren't you?!"

"It's more than just that, Vlad. It's more than just that."

"When we get back home, I'm taking you to my personal gym and we are going to have a sparing match. That way we can get rid of all that negative emotions."

"I'm not coming home tonight."

"Do as you are told or you will force my hand. I'll bend you over my knee if I have to!"

Y/n lets her emotions spike. "I don't even think you care about me." She puts her hand on the car door and much to her surprise, it phased through the door. Y/n yelps in fear, grabbing Vlad's shoulder out of fright.

"We are definitely going to spar when we get home," said Vlad right as they arrive at the cemetery.