Changing the Will

*Y/n's POV*

Y/n was on her way to her father's house. Vlad was driving her there. It was quiet for most of the drive, it was two hours away from Vlad's mansion. Y/n stares out the window, watching the snow fall.

"So tell me again why we are going to your father's house?" Vlad asks, keeping his eye on the road.

"My father is rewriting his will since he knows he doesn't have much longer left in this world. I'm going to help him decide who gets what."

"So what's wrong with your dad?"

"He has cancer. He's been sick since I was sixteen years old and I've been trying to make his life better ever since. He hasn't gone back into remission yet but I have a feeling that's why he's asking me to come over is the reason why."

"It must not be easy to deal with that kind of weight on your shoulders."

"You don't know the half of it, Vlad." Y/n returns her attention to the passing scenery outside the car window. The rest of the drive was spent in silence. By the time they pull up in tne driveway of Will's home, the snow was falling heavily. "Hopefully we won't have to stay overnight," said Y/n as she gets our of the car after it pulls to a stop in tbe driveway.

Vlad didn't care if they'd end up staying the night. Reduardless he still would be able to get things done.

*Vlad's POV*

Vlad follows Y/n to the front door of her father's house, trudging through already ankle deep snow.  "So what do you think your dad will add or change to his will?"

"I don't know really." Y/n knocks on the front door and waits to be let in. "He originally written up the will after mom divorced him, back when I was seventeen years old. Shs divorced him after the year he got cancer." After a few minutes the door opens and on the other side of the door was a tired man, his long brown hair was a bit unkempt and falling out of its ponytail. His clothes were wrinkled like they have just been laying on the floor.

"Good to see you made it, Y/n." Will looks around Y/n and sees Vlad standing behind her. "And who's this?"

"My name is Vlad Masters and I am Y/n's new employer," said Vlad.

"So what happened to your job at Lunar Oasis? You were pretty much set, Y/n."

"You forget, dad. I got hurt in that car accident over on Wickers Bend. I can't work in a place that requires me to be on my feet a lot even with periods of rest. Edwin let me go. I'll be going back in a few years to work by his side."

Will steps aside to let Y/n and Vlad into his home. "Any ideas to change for the will?"

"I have a good one for mom and her sleezy boyfriend," said Y/n as she takes her coat off and hangs it up.

Will heads into the kitchen. "I'm sure you know that my cancer has a chance of coming back. I thought now will be a good time to edit my will. You remember my lawyer, Edward?" Will nods his head to the gentleman in the grey suit sitting at the table.

"I do. Hello, Edward. How is things?"

"It would be better if it wasn't snowing. After we are done with your dad's will, I need to talk to you about Milo's Pizza, about that manager there of yours," said Edward.

"That's fine. Let's just get the will taken care of before the snow storm blows in."

"Now what is this idea you want to add for your mother to the will?" Will asks as he sits down next to his daughter.

Vlad sits down across from Y/n.

"How about this. Both mom and her boyfriend will each get a one hundred dollars each. But instead of a hundred dollar bill each, make it all in pennies and dimes."

Vlad bursts our laughing. "That is pretty good," said Vlad as hs wipes the tears from his eyes. "If I may ask. Why would that be added to the will?"

"I caught him trying to get into her room one night when she was seventeen. Long story short, I beat him black and blue and threw him out of the house."

"I see then. Sorry I had asked."

"It's fine. Now to take care of the rest of the will."

"For Y/n's brother, Alaster, I leave you a bottle of wine from my private collection. For my brother, Blake, and his wife, Gwen, I leave you my 1964 Ford Mustang. For Y/n's sister, Marie, I leave you with the cabin we used to spend our summers in."

Edward types up the edits for Will's will. When he was finished, he asked to talk to Y/n privately.

When Edward and Y/n left the kitchen, Will turns his attention to Vlad.  Now that we are alone to a sense, I want to asks you some questions."

"Ask away," said Vlad, never taking his gaze from Will.

"Why did you employ my daughter as your personal chef? You are a millionaire. Why have the need to hire someone else's aid when you, most likely, have enough help in your mansion."

"I, with good intentions, decided to help your daughter out. She would have been on the streets if it wasn't for me."

Will gives Vlad the daggers of death. "If I find out, before I die, that you hurt my daughter in anyway, I will make sure your life is a living hell," threatens Will.

After a few more minutes, Y/n and Edward walk back into the kitchen. "Edward is leaving. He said he will fax you the edited will when he finishes it," said Y/n. "Also the snow storm has gotten worse."

"I was hoping this wouldn't happen," said Vlad.

*Y/n's POV*

"Nature can't help what happens," said Will. "I'll get the guest room ready for Vlad. As for you, Y/n..." Will gets up from his chair and goes over to the cupboard where he kept his coffee. He takes out the coffe can and opens it. Will pulls out a set of keys and hands them to Y/n. "Your room is still pretty much untouched."

Y/n takes the keys from her dad and leaves the kitchen. She was glad to see her dad but a little apprehensive about going to her old room. "There better not be any spiders..."

Will shows Vlad to the guest room. "I want you to leave in tbe morning, once the snow has stopped." Will unlocks the guest room.

"I'll try but I can't promise I'll be out by a reasonable time because of the snow." Vlad heads into the room and looks around. The room was bare besides a bed, dresser, and a night stand with a lamp. He waits until he knows that Will had returned to his room before going Ghost. "Now to go takw care of my plan," said Vlad before he turns intangible and disappeared.

Meanwhile Y/n was in her old room, looking through her old stuff. She opens up a box and....

"BEWARE!! For I am the Box Ghost!!" A blue skined, kinda portly, ghost in overalls and a stocking cap, pops out of the box.

"What the hell, Benny!"

"Benny? Who is this Benny? The only person who can call me Benny is...." The Box Ghost gets a good look at Y/n. "Who are you?"

"Don't you remeber? We built a box fort in the attic."

"I remember now. Didn't recognize you at first."

Even though Y/n got the fright of her life, it was good to see her friend, the Box Ghost again.