Wake-up Call

*Y/n's POV*

It was five o'clock in the morning when Y/n wakes up. It wasn't because of a nightmare of the previous day but it was her phone ringing that woke her up. She rolled over in bed, trying to reach her phone, she grabs it and ends up rolling off the bed and onto the floor. "Ow!" Y/n answers her phone. "Hello?"

The voice on the other end was frantic but after a few seconds she could tell it was Mrs. O'Leary. "Calm down and repeat what had happened."

"Your father is in the hospital. You need to come quickly, Y/n," said Mrs. O'Leary before she hangs up on her end of tbe call.

Y/n gets up off the floor and hurries to get dressed. She then leaves her room and hurries down the hall to Vlad's room and pounds on tbe door. "Vlad wake up! Dad's in the hospital!" After waiting a few minutes, she opens the door, and finds he wasn't in his room. "Really?! Well screw this!" Y/n hurries downstairs and out to the garage. She gets into the car that Vlad lets her borrow when she needs to, opens the garage door, turns the car on, buckles up, and backs the car out of the garage. She backs out onto the street and speeds off. Y/n drives the speed limit since she didn't want to get a ticket.

Y/n hurries to the hospital as quickly as she could. Once there, she turns the car off, and hurries inside. By the time she gets to the room where her father was at, she was nearly out of breath. But once she sees her father, Y/n knew he didn't have much time left. Y/n walks up to the bed her father was on and gives her dad's hand a gentle squeeze. "Hey, dad." Y/n was trying to fight back tears.

"Hey, kiddo. You look worse for wear," said Will.

"I should say the same for you. What are ya in for this time?"

"Went back into remission. The doctors are going to try an experimental medicine on me to see if they can make the cancer turn tail."

"What stage is it at?"

"Still at stage two but its getting worse. The doctors are going to do what they can to help me out."

"I'll be right back dad. I gotta give Vlad a call and let him know where I am at." Y/n steps our of the room and gives Vlad a call but only ends up getting his voice mail. She leaves a message and hangs up. Y/n heads back into the room and pulls the chair closer to the bed. "So where's Mrs. O'Leary at?"

"She went down to the vending to get a soda. I still can't have any food or drink until I get the all clear from the doctor's."

One of fhe doctors walks into the room and Y/n immediately recognized him. "Hello there, Dr. Simmons."

"Hello, Y/n. Good to see you on better terms, well to a sense anyways. You must be William's daughter. I can see then resemblance. But back to the matter at hand. Your dad here, went back into remission." Dr. Simmons leads Y/n out of the room. "What he told you, it isn't stage two. It's on stage three right now. We are going to do what we can to help your father get better or ease his suffering so he won't be feeling any pain in the end."

"I know. But I want to help too."

"I know, Y/n. But leave the work to us. As soon as your father gets the all clear, we'll get him a good meal and start treatment with the experimental medicine. I know it's not the best news you want to hear but its the best we can do right now. We got to get some tests done and anything else needed to be done. Go wait in the waiting room and I'll have one of the nurses fetch you."

Y/n heads down in to the waiting room and sits down. Shs didn't want to process all that was going on and ends up breaking down and starts crying. She didn't like the fact her dad could die soon but it was something that was unavoidable. Everyday it was once step closer to Death's door. Mrs. O'Leary comes into the waiting room and they both talk for a bit before she leaves. It was another thirty minutes before the nurse fetches her.

Y/n follows the nurse back to the room her father is in. Her father now had an IV in his arm. "Im guessing that's the medicine?"

"Yeah...its diluted. The doctor said it would be safer for me to take," said Will laughing weakly before he ended up having a coughing fit. "Just wish I wasn't stuck here."

Y/n sits down in the chair next to the bed. "Life happens." She pulls out her phone and opens up the YouTube app. "How about some funny cat videos to cheer you up."

"Better to laugh than to cry." Will looks over to his daughter's phone. "When I get out of the hospital. How about I take you out to eat. My treat."

"How about I cook for you? I know food won't taste very good to you because of the medicine you are taking but I can make sure you get a good meal."

"Or better yet find me something else I can take instead of this medicine so I can beat this dragon cancer."

"I think I might know something that might help lessen your cancer a bit. Its a tea. I know you don't drink tea but its better than being in and out of the hospital all the time."

"That is true."

Two hours later, Y/n leaves the room. Her dad was finally asleep. She finds Dr. Simmons talking to one of the nurses at the nurse's desk. "Dr. Simmons can I talk to you before I leave?"

"I have a few minutes to spare. What do you want to talk about?" Dr. Simmons asks.

"What if that medicine that you gave my father doesn't work?"

"Then we will keep trying."

"I have an idea that might work or it may make it so the cancer goes away and comes back again later on."

"What do you have in mind?

"There's this tea that, back in the day, Native Americans used to cure cancer..."

"When the time comes, I'll give you a call, and I'll tell you if you can use that tea. Just right now its best if we do our job before relying on something like that, okay? Not trying to sound like the bad guy."

"Oh before I go, did Mrs. O'Leary leave by chance?"

"She left before you got here," said Dr. Simmons before he leaves.

It was seven in the morning before Y/n got back to the mansion. She heads up to her room for she was exhausted, both physically and mentally. She didn't want to deal with anymore nonsense for the day. Even if Plasmius showed up to give her hell, she would just say fuck it and give in. Y/n just didn't want to think of the fact her dad could die in the next week or months. She pulls her pillow close and hugs it against her body. She ends up crying herself to sleep.