Training (Part 3)

*Clockwork's POV*

Clockwork removes the bindings from Dan. "Help my guest train and learn to use her new powers and you'll be able to earn your freedom. But you will be tasked to help someone else in return," said Clockwork.

"Sounds like more work to me. Why can't you do this, old man?!" Dan asks.

"Because you are out of your time and I cannot train her anymore. It would start to interfere with her timeline."

"Fine. Point me in the direction she is on and I'll go find her."

"If you hurt her, I will put you back in those bindings of yours. Also..." Clockwork points his staff at Dan's throat and a collar made of ecto-energy appears. "Just to make sure you don't use your Ghostly Wail or try to teach it to her. Rather not have her learn that anytime soon." The doors open back up. "You may leave to go train the girl. You will find that you won't be able to leave my domain. Also one warning. Do not corner her or the fight will get very ugly."

It didn't take Dan long to figure out why it wouldn't be a good idea to corner Y/n. "I'll see what I can do," said Dan Phantom before he leaves the room.

*Y/n's POV*

Y/n was sitting by the lake, staring at her reflection, when her ghost sense goes off. "Here?! How?!" She quickly gets up off the ground. Y/n starts to panic and runs towards the door. She sees a semi-familiar face enter the room. She recognized him as Danny but then again it wasn't Danny. "Danny?"

"I'm not that brat from your timeline. I'm still Danny but not the one you know," said Dan.

"Then who are you?" Y/n asks.

"I'm Dan Phantom. I was once Danny Fenton in my timeline but my I changed my future for the worst and this is what I became."

"I'm sorry but who are you?" Y/n put an emphasis on 'who'.

Dan briefly explains what happened in his timeline that brought about his creation.

"Now that makes sense," said Y/n when Dan was done explaining to her. "So why are you here?"

"Clockwork wants me to finish your training since he said he can no longer interfere anymore."

"Understandable. Now what are you going to teach me?"

"The basics first before we move onto the more serious stuff." Dan walks over to one of the trees. "I want you to turn intangible and walk through it."

Y/n walks up to the tree. "Show me how to do it."

"You've got to be...." Dan pinches the bridge of his nose. He turns intangible and walks through the tree. "Just like that."

"But how do you do it? Is there some kind of thought process...."

"When you are in a fight there will be no time to think! You have to act!"

"Is that why you lost the fight to Danny?" Y/n teases.

Dan pins Y/n to the tree. "Do not toy with me brat." By that time, Dan realized too late about the warning from Clockwork. Do not get Y/n pinned.

Y/n's eyes glow red as right before she changes to her ghost mode.

Dan quickly backs away, cracking his knuckles. "Looks like I get to have some fun." He smirks as he prepared himself for battle. Dan watches in wonder as the dragon glows on Y/n's outfit and manifests a form. Ecto-energy collects on her hands and feet, giving her claws. Wings fan out from her back. "Ah so you were host for Prince Aragon's necklace. From the looks of it, you've been its host for more than a day and it looks like...." Dan barely had time to move out of the way of Y/n's attack. Her claws lashed out, taking a chunk off of the tree.

"Well looks like Clockwork is right. This fight is about to get nasty."

*Clockwork's POV*

Clockwork waits an hour before going to Y/n's room to check and see how her training was going. He floats down the hallway to her room, ignoring more complaints from the Observers. At this point, he didn't care what they had to say about her. After today, she was going to head home and confront Vlad. He opens the door and sees that both Dan and Y/n were still going at it with their fight. "Enough of it. Time out!" Clockwork pushed the button on his staff, freezing time. He floats over to Y/n and looks at her. "You'll get over that fear in due time. Now as for you..." He goes over to Dan. "You've done enough. Now we can discuss on how you can earn your freedom. Time in!" Clockwork pushed the button on his staff again, unfreeze time.

Clockwork looks back over to Y/n. "Get your stuff ready. I'm going to be sending you home here soon." Clockwork leaves with Dan so Y/n coukd get herself ready for the journey home.

*Y/n's POV*

Y/n gets her things together. Around her the room starts to disperse. She was going to miss staying in Clockwork's domain but she knew it was for the best she left for home. Y/n wasn't looking to dealing with Vlad once she gets home but it was a problem she'd be able to deal with. Y/n finished packing her things  and leaves the room. She watches it return to normal before she closes the door.

Y/n walks down the hallway to the viewing room where Clockwork was waiting. "I'm ready to go home now," said Y/n.

"It was good to get to know you during your stay, Y/n," said Clockwork. "But it is time for you to go home. I can no longer afford any new distractions."

"It was good to get to know you as well. I still find it hard to believe how hard you have to work to make sure the timelines stay the way they should."

Clockwork opens a portal next to him. "This portal will put you back in your room at your house. Everything in your timeline is as it should be."

Y/n steps up to the portal. "Before I go Clockwork...." She sets her bag down and turns to Clockwork and holds her arms out to him. "You could use a hug."

Clockwork laughs a little. "Fine then you brat. One hug and then go home. I cannot afford to get attached to you." He pulls Y/n into his embrace. "You have a lot to go for in your future. You have a lifetime of happiness ahead of you." He lets go of Y/n.

"Who knew Chronos was a big softie."

"Since he is willing to help humans without messing up their timelines. Now go before I push you through that portal."

Y/n picks up her bag and shoulders it. "Goodbye, Clockwork." She steps through the portal and it closes bebind her. A portal opens up in her bedroom and she steps through it, tossing her bag onto her bed. The portal closes behind her. "It's good to be back home," said Y/n as she sits down on her bed right as her ghost sense goes off.

"Yes it is," said Vlad as he appears in the doorway. His eyes glowing red in the dull light. He smiles, revealing sharp teeth.

Y/n felt that what her and Clockwork talked about was happening. The first of October is now here and its time to either deal with Vlad one way or another.