Nightmare

"Sasaki Sato is stepping down as the CEO of Sasaki Corp-" 

"Rumours have it that one of the biggest conglomerates of Japan is coming to an end-"

"There is no information on why he is stepping do-"   

"Well, my theory says-"

"Well, no one wants to know your theory!" Sayuri turned the TV off and scoffed placing the remote beside her.

"Don't listen to the news, it'll only get to you" her father walked into their plush living room pulling his tie away from his neck.

"Papa, how was your day? How are you feeling?"

His insides scooped. She was the first person to ask him that after his announcement to step down as CEO.

"I'm fine, my dear. Thank you" he gently caressed her head with a smile on his face before walking away. His smile dropped further and a frown began to form with every step he took the other way.

He hid something from everybody and if anyone was to know it, the company would face an apocalypse. He was dying soon.

He dragged his heavy feat to his study and poured a glass of whiskey as he looked at the window pane. His dim eyes blankly glanced at the clouds outside as he sipped his drink.

"You'd be so disappointed with me, Miyako" his eyes shifted towards the portrait of the love of his life. His wife who was with them no longer. She passed away when Sayuri was six, leaving the Sasaki household in shambles.

"Our daughter is going to hate me for the rest of her life" he gulped down the rest of his drink.

—————
Sayuri wasn't the most noticeable girl in school. All she was known for is that she studied well and played volleyball like a pro.

She had the biggest crush on one of the most attention drawing males in her school. Female attention mostly.

Every time he asked her to help him with homework she'd fuse out and stutter. He'd ask her because she was the brightest in class and because she was the first girl in school to not instantly start hitting on him.

One fated evening she got back home skipping practice because her father called her home that instant.

"Sayuri... we need to talk" her father said as she hesitantly eyed at the three noble strangers sitting in her living room. Amongst the three was a boy of her age who looked as loomy as the clouds on a stormy evening.

She politely greeted the strangers, completely unaware of the fact that her world would shatter before her very eyes a few minutes later.

"This is my dear friend Sakusa Kazuki and his family, I'm not sure if you remember them you were quite young back then" he warmly smiled at her. Sakusa Kazuki and his wife Ayumi greeted her back.

"Oh, she's so lovely" the wife gleefully said.

Sayuri was very confused but managed to smile at them like the well behaved daughter she was. She was well trained to be polite.

"And that is Sakusa Kiyoomi" his tone changed a little. He examined his daughter's face before he dropped the bomb "Your fiancé from this very day"

Her smile disappeared as she blankly looked at the three almost strangers and back at her father who had a slightly sorry face.

"W-What?" She tried her best to not lose her composure. She straightened her back again as her delicate fingers anxiously gripped the hem of her skirt.

He knew by her uniform that she went to Fukurodani. But oh, he was so angry. He instantly decided to despise Sayuri from the very moment her father said that. He despised her as much as he despised germs and crowds.

Nobody of their age had the courage to overpower Sakusa Kiyoomi and the very abrupt announcement suffocated his lungs as he venomously glared at her. His life was bound to shackles... and to the girl he met for the very first time. It was news for him too. He didn't know crap about the announcement.

"I can't do this" He said in a bitter tone shocking his parents.

"Well, you don't have a choice" his father coldly said and he scoffed in disbelief,

"I'm not going to marry someone I just met" he was rather audacious.

"Baby, look won't have to marry her now" his mother said "You're just getting engaged until you're grown enough"

"I-"

"Its not your decision to make" his father sternly said silencing the smallest sounds in the room. Sayuri fearfully clutched her skirt as his voice echoed.

"You'll get transferred to Itachiyama in two months, right in time for your high school" her father said and she just looked at him in shock.

Her eyes lifelessly wandered around the living room before she met Kiyoomi's dark, pleading ones.

"You should head out and talk" his father suggested and before they knew it, the two were in the secluded balcony. The doors shut behind them.

"Don't agree to this" he said "Please just don't"

"I don't... like the idea either but it's our elders-" she softly said looking at her feet.

"It's our lives!" He said "I don't want to marry you. I don't want an arranged marriage!"

"I don't... want it either" she was scared to even whisper.

"Then tell your father... convince him!" He angrily said "And why are you whispering?"

"S-Sumimasen"

"You're gonna talk to him and call this off." He said.

"I will try my best" she assured him. Her heart was beating in her ears, he was mean.

"If you don't-" he walked towards her until her back was against the railings. He bent closer to her ear and said "I will make your high school life a living, breathing nightmare"

She was already terrified of him. It wasn't a hard task for Kiyoomi to accomplish considering his reputation in school. He was a brat who enjoyed utmost liberty in everything he did and when one of his "liberties" were snatched away from him he couldn't help but get furious.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" He asked.

"Huh?"

"Do you understand anything?" He disappointedly asked "I asked if you have a boyfriend"

She shook her head indicating a negative

"Then get one so they leave me alone" he thought for a while.

"D-Do you... have a girlfriend?" She asked.

"I just left her a few days ago..." he casually said "Tch! I guess I've to find a new one"

Sayuri helplessly wept all night that day. She wanted him to be the last person to share her life with. She cursed her fate so many times. She had always been a good girl, she cursed karma for wrongly biting her in the ass. She hopelessly wondered why her father couldn't search for a better person. Scratch 'better person' Anyone would've been better than that prick.

She looked at the diamond on her finger and shrugged taking it off. She wanted to ditch it in the drain but she wouldn't dare to disrespect her father so she slipped it in her pocket instead. She stayed locked in her room for the next two days, she wasn't wanting to face the reality that she would be marrying the insolent, ill mannered, monstrous brat a few years down the line.

"Hey, I didn't see you for the last three days. You even skipped practice. Are you alright?" A genuinely worried voice asked her. She suppressed her woes and looked up to meet her knight in shining armour in his eyes. Her biggest crush.

Akaashi Keiji.