Dinner Plans

Sakusa walked inside the doors of his house. It looked like he was back from his hibernation.

"Kiyoom- SAYURI!" His mother ignored him and ran to hug Sayuri instead. Kiyoomi looked at her in disbelief.

"Thank you... thank you so much for taking care of him. Oh, thank you-"

"Please don't say that. He was really helpful and I needed some company too"

"So, are you guys back together?" She asked. She was smart, she was hoping that her plan would work.

"She's my girlfriend if that's what you're asking"

"OH, KAMI THANK GOODNESS! I didn't really think it'd work but it was worth a shot!" She excitedly said before zipping her mouth shut "Oh, please don't mind me. Come sit, Sayuri"

Kiyoomi was debunked "How'd you even- Did you-"

"Ah, I should've been a fortune teller" she walked away muttering to herself.

"Kiyoomi, you're back. I need you to go through the briefs for-" he stopped and removed his spectacles to see the girl before putting it back on.
"Are my eyes deceiving me or is it really Sayu?"

"It's me. Nice to see you again" she bowed.

"I'll go get the briefs." Kiyoomi told his father "I'll be right back, baby" he looked at her before he headed his father's study.

"Sakusa san..." she said "Have you... gotten any leads on the accident? I don't mean to intervene I know it's really personal and-"

"We have a few suspects." He said "Five to be exact"

She looked at her fingers with a million things running on her mind. She was skeptical if she should tell him or not, what if it wasn't right? But her butler would never tell her something he was unsure of, even the slightest. She took a deep breath and lifted her head up to look at the older man again "Is Sarukawa one of them?" She gulped.

His expression went from a serious one to a thunderstruck one "How do you- Sayuri, did you- Dear Lord, don't get involved in this!"

"No, my guardian won't let me. I had someone discreetly look into it and that's what I heard. I'm not sure about it yet but... it might be true" she said. "Please don't tell Kiyoomi san. He won't hesitate to kill Toshiro"

"Toshiro?"

"Sarukawa Toshiro is in our class" she said and he shot up his seat "NANI?!! And you didn't bother to tell us this!?? Both of you?"

"I didn't know until the source told me. Please, you can't let Kiyoomi san know" she was freaking out.

"Oh! Oh my" he fell back into his chair "I don't blame you, dear; but oh, I should've listened to your father. Kiyoomi is well aware of the Sarukawas. I cannot believe how naive he is." He held his head in worry, his arms were jittering. "I'm really glad you told me"

"Told him what?" Kiyoomi was back with the papers.

"That you make amazing mochi" she said and his father looked at her with wide eyes 'NANI?!!!'

"Why'd you have to tell him that?"

"Sayuri..." his mother walked in with tea and biscuits "Was he a good boy or do I have to discipline him?"

"What? No. He was great. He learnt how to cook. He knows how to fold his clothes and he knows how to make amazing smoothies" she said in delight and his mother said "Who did you bring back?" She was horrified. "This isn't my son"