Birthday Date

Sakusa Kiyoomi's mind was stuck on rewind. He was on a frivolous loop of ecstatic feelings.

"Sakusa san..." she shook him out of his reverie. For the 3689th time.

"Yes, baby?"

"We need to get downstairs for breakfast."

"Anything you want, princess"

"Why are you so cute today?" She kissed his cheek.

"Just today?" He raised his brows.

"Every single day" she pecked his lips "I love you"

"I love you too, princess" he kissed her back. "Get dressed.

"What?"

"Get dressed, I'm taking you out before I lose myself and do things I regret" he got off his bed.

She quickly hurried to her shower and when she got out she saw the most gorgeous pale pink dress neatly laid on her bed. "OH, MY-"

"Oh, you look gorgeous. Come here!" His mother hugged her till her lungs jammed "Happy Birthday, little one. You're just amazing. We love you so much"

"Happy Birthday, Sayuri" his father was just as delighted.

Sakusa walked into the living room but stopped to look at them. His mother had her arms around Sayuri while she laughed at something his father said, they adored Sayuri so much.

"Oh, look your boyfriend's here" his mother said and his father gave them a confused look. Sakusa looked heavenly in a suit. Like she'd want to push him back into his room and kiss the air out of his lungs heavenly.

"You look absolutely stunning" he wasn't lying. His loss of expressions said it all.

"Where are you headed?"

He kept his answers minimal, careful so he wouldn't slip anything. "We're not going to school today"

"I figured" his father eyed his crisp suit. "Are you coming with me to the office to finally take over?"

"I'm taking her out!"

"You two just look so lovely together" his mother pulled him across the table to literally fling him towards Sayuri whose face was already flushed pink. After breakfast and loads of family portraits his mother finally let her go with him.

"You almost ruined all our plans!" He bickered with his mother on his way out.

"Kiyoomi! Don't talk to your mother like that" his father yelled from inside the house.

"Where are we going?" She excitedly asked.

"I don't know. Let's see"

*Twenty minutes later*

"Why is there not a soul here?" She whispered.

"They're right there" he pointed at the security.

"I mean, watching the movie. There's no one in the any of these seats"

"Just watch the movie"

"It hasn't even started. Are you sure we're at the right place?"

"Have you never been to a movie before?" He asked and she shook her head "Papa wouldn't let me." She pouted and he let out a sorry smile "But I'd watch them all in our movie room" she said like a toddler.

"But seriously, aren't there supposed to be a lot of people here?"

"You're really talkative today" he said.