Caught

Sayuri woke up when she felt something tickle her shoulder, the warm rays of the sun peeked through the blinds of the large mahogany studded room. The room was rather dull, there was wood everywhere with minimal decor, making it look very dark but somewhat fresh. It wasn't an energy someone would expect in the bright morning but it was something new. She was startled to see Toshiro's head pressed against the back of her shoulder while his arms held her close to him. Her eyes slowly scanned his hand, the deep scars running on his hand didn't look like it should belong there. He was still in high school, whatever happened to him. She slowly removed his arm and tried to get away but his hand involuntarily gripped hers "Where are you going?" He was still half asleep.

"D-Downstairs" she said.

"No" he said rubbing his eyes "I'll go with you."

"It's okay. Go back to sl-"

"You're crazy if you think I'm letting you roam around this place alone" he sat up running his hands in his hair to fix it, he looked like he hadn't slept at all.

"I'll wait. Get some rest" she said sitting on the couch.

"Sure?" He asked, his eyes already closing shut.

"Yes" she said leaning back on the couch and he relaxed back into the bed finally falling asleep after he assured himself that she wouldn't leave his room.

Once she was convinced that he wasn't going to wake up soon, she slowly tiptoed towards him and waved her hand a little away from his face. He looked disturbed but still asleep. She quietly pulled out the drawer and took his gun in her hand. She checked the magazine to see it was full, she disliked how much he trusted her that he kept a loaded gun where she could easily find it.

She slowly opened the door to see the corridor fully empty. She went all the way towards the railings that overlooked the living room, not daring to show herself to the people downstairs, including his father.

'If I heard him here...' she looked around and spotted the two doors on the side. 'He has to be here' she tried to open it but it was locked. She kneeled before it, taking out the pin from her hair and calmed herself down. Four days of training would never be enough but it wasn't going to stop her from trying. She slowly slid the pin through the keyhole and placed her ear against the door, her eyes anxiously watching the knob while still paying attention to her surroundings, she almost jumped when it clicked and stealthily opened it to see a store room. She cursed herself to no ends stepping inside to see giant crates, she almost screamed when she saw all the guns inside and slid right out locking the door again. Before she could move to try opening the next door she heard heavy footsteps climbing the stairs. She scurried back towards Toshiro's room and twisted the knob, almost falling inside before closing the door shut. Only it wasn't his room.

'Oh, Kami... whose room is this?' She looked around and realised it was his father's.

'There's 7 rooms in this floor. This one, the store room, the room I was given yesterday and Toshiro san's room... there's just 3 more' she looked into his drawers and took pictures of whatever she found and hid the phone in her back pocket. She slowly got out of the plush room and looked around for Toshiro's room.

"What are you doing here?"

'FUCK'

She jumped in fright and turned around to see Toshiro drowsily standing behind her with a disappointed look on his face "I told you to not go out by yourself"

"G-Gomennasai" she was scared "I... was just hungry"

"Did you go downstairs?" He yawned.

"No"