Detention

"Oomi!!!" Kiara squealed running through the corridor. Exactly why Sayuri hated her mornings now. "What are you doing with her?!"

"She's my fiancé. I live with her" he said and grabbed Sayuri's hand before trying to walk past her.

"You live with her?! What about your promise?"

"Kiara, it's not working anymore" he said but she blocked his way. "She broke up with you right before my eyes"

"Ah, that..." he forgot she was right there when it happened "We got back together"

"So you're not engaged"

"We're engaged." He said.

"Where's her ring?" She bossed.

"She doesn't wear it to school" he said.

"Oomi-!"

"Urusai! I don't want to hear this on a Monday morning" he finally snapped before pulling Sayuri to class.

Sayuri was annoyed all day. She didn't sleep well, she was extra tired because of working all night and hearing Kiara's high pitched squeals just made everything 22792x worse for her. She was unusually quiet all day and Sakusa knew she was just irritated with everything that was going on.

"Princess, I got you strawberry milk" he gently caressed her hair, she was sleeping with her head down on the cafeteria table during lunch.

"Oh, you didn't have to" she raised her sleepy face to look at him.

"You need it" his thumb traced her chin. "You need to sit through class"

She was desperately waiting for the last class to just end. The teacher was clarifying a student's doubt near her table. One of noisy ones at the back who were playing like crazy squealed out of no where.

"Sayuri!? Where do you think you are?"

"Nani??" Sayuri snapped. This was the exact thing Sakusa wanted her to steer clear of. "That wasn't me!"

"Don't talk back to your teacher" she warned.

"Sayuri, don't" Kiyoomi mumbled so only she could hear. Sarukawa was blankly staring at her in disbelief. He never saw her talk like that, nobody had.

"I don't even sound like that!" She said.

"Sayuri, stop" he clenched his teeth.

"Sayuri, I might've not seen you but I know-"

"Then you shouldn't point at whoever you just want to!"

"Oh?" The teacher raised her brows "I guess I'll see you in detention then. Three days. No make it four!" she stormed out of the class leaving Sayuri dumbfounded. That was her first ever detention. Sakusa buried his face in hands "Princess, why can't you just listen?" He wanted to laugh so loud but he knew he'd get dumped again if he did that.

"I have detention" she palmed her mouth shut when she realised what she did "SHHIT"

"My practice! Oh, that demoness!!" she cursed from under her palm.

"Wow, that was ballsy" Sarukawa chuckled before sloppily putting his bag on his shoulder and walked out.

"It's okay, I'll wait for you after practice." He said, then his face got serious "Fuck, there's gonna be ruffians in there, did you really have to do this? Ah, I'll come with you"

"No. I can handle it myself. Go to your practice" she patted his shoulder

"If they trouble you, angel, call me, I'll straighten them out for even looking at you" he said and she pouted before walking towards detention. "Papa would be so proud of me, he always told me I'd learn important lessons in detention. Curse my fate!"

She sat waiting for the teacher to arrive. She sat in the frontmost seat, the one closest to the teacher.

Her nerves cramped when she saw Sarukawa walk in with a smirk on his face and behind him walked in other students belonging in detention. She freaked out big time. Sakusa wasn't wrong, they really were ruffians. Sarukawa sat beside her and watched her look around like she'd never been in the zoo.

"Sayuri chan?" One of them said and the whole class fell quiet.

"What? Where? There's no way that cute face would make detention"

"She's right there! See?"

"Ah, she's so pretty. It has to be her"

"Sayuri chaaan! Welcome to detention." Someone screamed.

"We hope to see you more often" they laughed.

"Aww, come on, say hi"

Sayuri swallowed hard. This was getting more uncomfortable than sitting with Suguru at the Tokyo Community. Four days in detention was going to be hell. Where did students like these even exist in school? She hadn't come across any so far. She internally thanked Sakusa for that.

"Put your head down" Sarukawa coldly said, playing with his yo-yo.

She was so flustered she didn't understand him, she didn't even look at him, he'd scared her enough until then. She eyed his yo-yo before looking down at her fingers. Her legs were quivering in fright.

Sarukawa scoffed before effortlessly pulling her chair closer to him and gently held the back of her head before lowering her face against the desk, his other hand still swinging the yo-yo.

"Come on, man!" They all booed at him and he turned around to look at them, his death glare silencing them for once.

She was calmer when the teacher finally came in.

"You can leave as soon as you finish all of these problems and get them evaluated" he said.

She was quite shaky still. Her handwriting looked weird and the carbon tip on her mechanical pencil kept breaking. She didn't dare to raise her head. Sarukawa mindlessly solved all the problems with ease and quietly sat watching her struggle with her pencil.

"Sarukawa, are you done?"

"No" he said before he resumed to look at her anxiously write the rest of it.

She got off her seat as soon as she was done and he followed her, making sure she was out of their view. Once she walked out of class she heavily exhaled in relief clutching her books closer to her chest. She was so close to having a heart attack.

She looked at Sarukawa who simply walked away spinning his yo-yo. "S-Sarukawa san" she said and he turned around with a blank face.

"Arigato" she politely bowed before hurrying towards the gymnasium.

She saw that the gymnasium was closed but Sakusa was still waiting for her on the bench right outside.

"Sayuri, you made it-" 

She ran into his arms and hugged him, burying her face in his chest worrying him to no ends.

"Hey, look at me. What's wrong?" He tried to see if she was crying.

"Should I just kill them all?" He furiously growled. He was already pissed.

"No" she said "Detention was just... scary"

He let out the breath he was holding "You were really brave today, princess. I'm so proud of you. Let's go home, okay? I want you to tell me all about it. I'll come with you tomorrow and shut them up." He kissed her forehead.

"No, it was fine" she said before holding his hand.

"Your hand is literally vibrating like a pitch fork" he scowled. "I want all their names by the time we're home"