Golden Ace

"Sayuri, nice serve!" Akaashi said. The gymnasium was almost full and she needed a moment to recover. She wasn't expecting him there.

"ITACHIYAMA! Let's go let's go!" Their band cheered.

Sayuri effortlessly tossed the ball high in the air and ran towards the line before pushing her feet off the ground and slammed the ball into the other side.

"SERVICE AAACEE!!!!" Her team knew she wasn't going to give up her serve anytime soon.

She got a few more service points against Nekoma.

"What's with her serve? This sucks" Kuroo pouted while Kenma just blinked watching her.

"Where did she learn that jump float?" He flatly asked.

"I don't know but it's one of the best I've seen" Kuroo replied. Her jump float serves were really tricky to receive.

But when they finally did-

'The trick to this spike... is the angle. It creates a monstrous spin. It's almost invincible and that depends on the accuracy of contact' she remembered his words crystal clear. She swiftly ran to the front after receiving their spike, their setter was already waiting for her to strike, she had the ball ready in the air for the ace. Sayuri eyed the ball like her whole career depended on it and jumped like she did the other day when Sakusa taught her and spiked the ball so hard, it spun away sharply and landed beautifully before it flew into the scoreboard. That spin was underrated. That's when she was reminded again that Sakusa was fucking brilliant. He was the creation of Divine Odin himself, an ace of stellar perfection.

Komori ran into their locker room where Sakusa was stretching "Sayuri chan!" He was panting for breath "What is it?!" He tensely asked.

"SHE DID YOUR SPIKE... Oh, it was so good. She jumped so high and went whoosh, it landed like that and kapow!" He swung his hand showing how the ball went "...And hit the score table. She was awesome!!"

Sakusa forgot about his match that was going to happen in a while and made a run for it along with Komori and a few others.

"Sayuri! Nice serve!"

"She's still serving! She had the first serve!" Komori was jumping.

"W-What?" Sakusa saw her nervously look at the other side before her serve.

"Sayuri!" He let out a loud growl "Nice serve"

She jumped at the aggression in his voice but that helped her calm down. She thought for about a second before the whistle blew and threw the ball rather high. She ran remembering nothing but the last spike and jumped high before hitting the ball with utmost precision. It looked like it was headed right out the court but it swirled into a curve and landed in their midst, Nekoma didn't even have the time or the calculation down to make a move.

"That's not my..." Sakusa was speechless "What... is that?"

The crowd fell silent before breaking into a loud roar. That serve looked like a launching weapon.

"Ahhh..." Sakusa held his hair and grinned wide "She changed the angle and made it curve... Ahhh! She's a genius" he smiled in satisfaction "That's my girlfriend" he proudly told Komori.

"Tch. Show off. You were better off when you were an introverted prick" he snorted.

"Sayuri chaaaan!!!" The guys in the crowd were cheering "Oh, I thought she was just attractive. She's pretty awesome."

"They'll go to the finals this time. For sure"

"For sure."

"Yuri chan! Ganbare!"

"See, she's so cute when she's nervous"

Sakusa scowled like it was a contest. 'I should've never let her take the ring off...'

"Sakusa, you've to get used to it. You can't deny the fact that she's stunning " Komori laughed. Sakusa would've surely smacked him if he weren't a Germophobe.

Even her regular spikes were punchy. She'd confidently break through a two man block. Her cut shots were slick as hell. Her tosses were getting better. She put their regular setter at ease since they'd regularly switch or in case the setter had to receive, making the game more fluid for Itachiyama. She didn't play with her left and Sakusa was let down because he was waiting for her to belt them out of the blue.

Itachiyama won against Nekoma with a huge score difference.

"She made it so embarrassing for us. Awwgh" Kuroo slumped his shoulders in despair. "She killed it though" he walked away still crying internally.

She was rushing out of the doors to go to Sakusa's side. His match was starting any minute.

"Where do you think you're running off to?" She felt someone hold her hand bringing her to a sudden halt.

"Sakusa san! Oh, I was heading to the other side searching for you. Why are you here? Your match is going to start anytime n-"

"Breathe, baby." He ran his thumb over her knuckles. "I couldn't go without seeing you again"

"I'm here. I'm coming with you. Let's-"

"You were amazing in there." he smiled and she forgot what she was saying. "I..."

"Let's go?" He asked and she nodded. He gripped her hand for all the world to see as he led her in the direction of his court.

He stood in his position as calm as ever as Sayuri anxiously watched him from the gallery. His eyes wandered around analysing every player on the other side of the net. He was already intimidating. His mask scared the other side even more. They marked the '#10 in the mask', the super ace. Sayuri watched him move as little as possible, he tried to conserve energy from the very start. His body and mind had so much synchronicity, it baffled her. His body had no unplanned or unnecessary movements whatsoever. His focus was unshaking. He didn't look even slightly nervous.

"Sakusa san!!" Sayuri cheered from the stands flustering his fixated mind a little "Ganbattekudasai!"

"Babygirl, you better not be distracting me here" he mumbled before he took a deep breath, shaking the tingling feeling away and fixed his eyes back on the opponents.

"Saki!" Their setter tossed the ball at him and Sayuri's eyes wouldn't budge from the ace. She wanted to see the original spike again. Her mind would never have enough of it. She was enticed by how perfect his form was, how nimbly he moved across the court without a sound.

He spiked so fast but with so much power the human eye could barely comprehend it. His first shot is a line shot. Always. So sharp you'd cut yourself on it. He wouldn't even make an attempt to hide it. It was naturally settled that his first shot would go through. People literally backed away from his spike and Sayuri had tears in her eyes. Her heart was beating 10391839 times faster because of how perplexed she was.

"Sugoi..." she gasped covering her mouth with both her hands. He was so enchanting to gander at. He truly deserved his spot in the top three. She hadn't seen someone so seamlessly apply a technique and make it look so beautiful. He made it seem so simple but she knew it wasn't because she had been through the process when she learnt it from him. She knew she'd never achieve his perfection, she was convinced that he was only being modest when he said that her attempt at it was perfect. It was a lie, even if he found it perfect; it never would be. He invented it. He was the epitome of volleyball perfection, the devil in person; and she felt it in her veins that day. No matter how much she'd praise him it would still be an underestimation of his skills. Her heart shrunk when he looked at her as if asking her if it was alright. It was more than alright. His face relaxed when he saw the smile on her face. Her smile was different this time, like she was flummoxed. She was so proud of him, looking like a happy baby.

He subtly but painfully clobbered their defences down one by one and he looked ridiculously hot while he was at it. He wasn't very noticeable on court but he made sure they remembered him when he left.

They'd bleed trying to figure out how to stop his spike, and get through Itachiyama's defences while he'd cruelly watch them grovel...

Like he was the God of Death himself.