Nationals 2.0

"Baby, if anyone troubles you-"

"I know how to handle things myself" she pouted as they got off their bus "besides, Toshiro san will be here soon so it's fine"

"Good luck, angel" he smiled.

"Good luck, Oomi san"

Sayuri walked inside along with her team. She'd worn a stretchable sleeve to cover the scar on her left calf. They saw their fixtures again and headed to their spot. Sayuri was at the very end looking at something on her phone and before she knew she was lost. "No! I've been here so many times..." she walked around trying to find her team and she was now more lost than she initially was. She felt her feet tremble when she saw the giant, towering boys scattered all along the corridor. 'Oh, why am I here?'

Most of them looked scary and intimidating. She took a few steps backwards to head back outside and call Kiyoomi but bumped into one of the most intimidating, hot guys there could be.

"Careful there!" She heard his deep voice and froze. He was really tall, with bed hair and a sinfully pretty face, his jaw clenched when her back accidentally bumped into his chest.

"Are you lost, baby carrot?" He towered over her but paused when he saw her face "W-Woah..."

"K-Kuroo san" she said.

"Oh, you remember me..." he had no expressions on him, he was still lost in studying her face.

"Sumimasen" she apologised.

"No... need" he blinked. He broke out of his trance when she looked around trying to find the way to her court. He saw the fear in her eyes when she saw Nohebi's #1.

"Sayu babe, I hear you're against our girls in the first round" he sneakily smiled advancing towards her. As much as a brave heart she was Suguru still made her uncomfortable.

She stepped backwards until her back was against a hard surface again. She almost jumped when she saw it was Kuroo.

He tugged his head and spoke in her ear "Is he bothering you, doll face?"

She didn't answer. Kuroo looked at Daisho's grin and how uncomfortable she looked in his presence. He held her hand and pulled her to his other side so she was as far away from Suguru as possible "Hey! Who do think-"

"Don't bother her" the fumes from his face silenced him.

"Kuroo, is everything okay?" The rest of his team joined.

"Go begin warming up. I'll join you in a while" he said still staring at Suguru before he saw Sayuri's face again "Let's go"

He held her close to him so she didn't feel intimidated by the others "Why are you even on this side?"

"I-I got lost" she slowly pulled her hand back from his grip.

"What Court?" He asked.

"7" she said.

"Wait." He eyed her jersey "You're #1. You're captain? You can't be serious!"

"I know, I didn't I'd make cap-"

"That's not what I meant. You're in your third year. How could you get lost?" His face eased.

"I... got left behind" she meekily said.

"YURI CHAAAANN!!!!" Her ears pricked when she heard her best friend.

"Boku san!" She smiled, finally at ease. "Akaashi san"

"Why are you here??"

"She got lost" Kuroo rolled his eyes.

"LOST??" Bokuto eyed her in disbelief.

"You're in your third year!" Akaashi said.

"I know, why does everyone keep saying that?! That's mean you know" she pouted.

"Come on, let's get you to your court" the three accompanied her back. Every time her soft hand accidentally grazed Kuroo's he felt a surge of electricity flow down his body. He was only moments away from holding her hand again. He wanted to relive that feeling, he felt guilty wishing for Suguru to show up again so he could be close to her.

He was so lost in looking at her his shoulder bumped against someone. "Are you blind?!"

They turned around to look at the owner of the voice.

"Ah, Rintaro..." Kuroo flashed his mischievous smile "Didn't see you there"

Suna was Kuroo's rival in scheming. "Why? Is she the only person you can see?"

"HEY HEYYY!!!" Bokuto stomped towards him and Akaashi grabbed his shirt and pulled him back "Don't mind him"

"Sorry about Rintaro" a really tall tall, blonde boy with a sketchy smirk on his face put his arm around Rintaro's shoulder. His smirk dropped when he saw Sayuri. "Oh!" He said when he realised who it was "Sayuri chan!"

She gave him a small smile and nodded.

"Rintaro! Don't bother her" Atsumu pulled him out of their way "Good luck with your game" he waved at her.

"Y-You too" she lightly waved before they continued.

"Your team's right there" Akaashi said.

"Kuroo san" she said and his lungs broke down not understanding why she'd call him that even through they were both third years. "Arigato"

She touched his arm to shake him out of his reverie "Oh... t-that... Umm... no problem." He fumbled.

"Good luck!" She wished them before heading towards her team. Kuroo looked at his hand that held hers not long ago and his cheeks dusted with pink as he watched her go.

"Senpai! Where did you go??"

She was now too embarrassed to admit that she got lost. "The locker room" she said before heading to stretch.

"Ahem..." Yumiko cleared her throat from the bench. She was their manager. She raised her brow and directed Sayuri's gaze towards the balcony, only to see Kiyoomi already seated there intently looking at her. The butterflies in her stomach went AWOL with the look in his eyes.

A little away from him stood Bokuto, Akaashi and Kuroo. Kuroo saw her fix her ponytail, his eyes trailed down her body, only to stop at the fabric oddly covering her leg.

"Is she injured?"

"She has a scar" Bokuto said and Akaashi silently pinched his arm.

"A scar?"

"Yeah, she doesn't really like it" Akaashi covered it up.

"That'd look so badass." Kuroo said. He was thankful for that sleeve because if she'd looked any better than she already was she'd give everyone a hard time, especially him. His eyes crawled up the soft skin of her legs and her shorts, all the way up her lean torso and her angelic face. Her smile put him at ease. She looked so pretty in her jersey. And just like that he didn't want her to play volleyball anymore. He groaned at how her soft hands shouldn't be touching a ball, let alone play a rough game like volleyball. He wanted her hands on him instead, he was mad about the ball in her hands. He looked at her tender lips and the way she bit it when she was hesitant. He wanted to do that for her. He wanted to feel her against him one more time, his hands were already hurting. He regretted not holding her hand while she was close to him. He wallowed in his grief when his insides burned to hold her face and kiss her for all the world to see. He groused when the thought of kissing her crossed his mind.

"There goes my heart in flames"