The Great Escape

"Okay, my father is in his study... most of our men are out to get shipments." He said putting Sakusa in handcuffs. "I will escort you two to the warehouse and you will exit from the back door"

"Won't you get in trouble for this?"

"I'm his only family. What can he possibly do?" Toshiro flatly smiled.

"I don't like the idea" she said

"Me neither" Sakusa said.

"You can't find the house this empty until next month's shipment. So let's go" he took his gun out and held it against Sakusa's back escorting them out. Sayuri was sobbing, covering her face as they quietly walked downstairs. The two guards who passed by them turned to look but didn't question since it was Toshiro.

"TOMOJI SAMA!" The butler barged into his study.

"It better be important or I'm taking your head as offering when I visit my wife's grave" he smiled.

"Toshiro sama..." he bowed before his father "He's escorting the two outside"

"Nani?"

Toshiro heard his father yell from the backdoor of his house "Toshiro! What do you think are you doing?"

"I told you it's my business" he almost snapped "Stay away from it"

Sakusa quickly took the gun from his hand and held it against Toshiro's head "Do you want to lose your only family?"

Tomoji asked the butler to stand back. He couldn't help but notice the nervousness on Toshiro's face. "Switch the mines on" he flatly said after a brief pause.

"But your son-"

"Have you ever seen my son scared?" He looked at him "I hardly recognised him there because he switched forces. I'll be even more certain when he flawlessly guides them through the whole yard"

Toshiro's expression fell when he knew the air that surrounded him. He knew the feeling of being trained in the very backyard to avoid the mines. He knew as soon as they were switched on, he'd been there too many times. "Don't move" his voice barely made it past his lips "They've turned the mines on"

"T-The mines?" Sayuri said "You said you were kidding!"

"I didn't want to scare you" he raised his brows at her. "You have to get past the warehouse before he finds a way to get to you. How good are you at taking instructions?"

Sayuri took deep breaths as Sakusa eyed the giant yard. "Ready? You've to sprint along with my directions. One wrong step and we're all dust" he said and Sayuri frantically nodded.

"Twelve steps forward, three steps right, thirteen steps diagonal south west... ah ah ah you're too close!"

Tomoji almost laughed watching them limp across the yard "Where are the others?"

"On their way, sir." The butler said

"Can you get rid of the two? Your first priority must be the Sasaki" Tomoji said "My son needs a recap of his lessons"

"Yes, sir" he bowed before he ran back in.

They took 9 whole minutes to get across the yard uninsured. Toshiro almost tripped on a few trying to pull Sayuri from taking a wrong step. "You're damn clumsy"

"Who, me??? I barely had any time! I had four days to train and you were dragging me all day to search for Ki-" She complained trying her best but froze when she felt something pierce her skin.

Toshiro looked at her and froze when he saw the hole in her leg. "SAYURI!" Sakusa lunged in her way before the next shot was fired. He clenched his eyes shut but the impact never came. They heard a thud and saw Toshiro on his knees. He held the left side of his torso and let out a small groan. "TOSHIRO SAN!" She screamed through her pain.