Tripping

Sayuri was pacing around her house gripping her phone against her chest. "Where are they?!" She said for the 1038th time.

"Nobugi san..." she said.

"How long has it been?"

"Three hours!"

"Call them again" he said systematically stirring the spoon to reduce the sauce watching her frantically dial Kiyoomi's number.

She sat on the kitchen stool and leaned her arms on the counter, burying her face in her palms. "This is so stressful, why'd he have to show up?"

She hopped off the stool and ran to her room before bringing her tiny laptop back to her kitchen.

"What are you doing?" Nobugi turned off the hob and peeked to look at the screen. "You can't use it to track their phone!" He tried to take it away from her.

"No!!!!" She struggled pulling it back and jabbed the keys with her fingers at the speed of light once it was back in her possession.

"Wh- it says they're here" her jaw almost dropped.

"Tadaima" she heard his voice and Nobugi took it as an opportunity to take the gadget away from her "You mustn't use it like that!"

She shot the 'I'll get back to you' glare at him and hurried towards the door.

She came to a sudden halt before the two, her eyes blurring because of the tears she tried to hold in. "Where did you go?"

The two had a tide of guilt slam their system even if they weren't particularly guilty of anything. Toshiro's face softened 18x and Sakusa couldn't form words as the two looked at each other, then at her worried face.

"Sumimasen" Toshiro said before she smacked them both in the arm. "Don't you have your phones with you??"

"S-Sumimasen"

"What did he say?" She anxiously asked.

"About... Tosan's will." Toshiro looked at his toes "He's left everything to me..."

"...even the syndicate" his fingers ran through his hair. "It'll be a little messy"

"Do you have to see him again?" She asked.

"A few more times until it's executed." Sakusa said pulling the mask away from his face.

"I'll also have to dissolve the syndicate once I'm 18. Things will get worse for maybe a few weeks during the process and after, I... can't stay here" he said.

"Nonsense, you're not going anywhere near that place" a tear escaped her eye.

"Sayuri..." Kiyoomi's heart broke seeing her cry. He put his arms around her, placing her head against his chest. She slightly peeked to look at Toshiro from above Sakusa's bicep.

"I know..." Sarukawa slowly walked towards her and caressed her head "But I can't put you in danger"

"No" her voice shook as her eyes pooled again "We'll figure something out"

He looked away from her and at Sakusa's face "Why does she make it so hard to say no to her?"

Sakusa just shrugged in defeat. He was already swaying towards her side. "She's... right"

"Yoomi, you agreed that it was for the best not even five minutes ago!!" Sarukawa complained.

"You can't go back alone. You shouldn't" she said.

"Don't worry-"

"Are you stupid?" She finally snapped. "Do you want to die again??"

"Sayuri, I'm grateful for you two. I wouldn't have made it-"