Moving in

My babies here are the best. I am so blessed. You guys are literally the best thing ever. Thank you for all your support I really appreciate it♥️

Sayuri's father fell terribly ill.  She told Ubunaga to go ahead without her, she told him keep her name out of this since things were terrible for her. Ubunaga decided to wait for the right opportunity.

"Sayuri, my child..." he croaked through sound of the beeping monitors.

"Papa..." tears flowed down her face "Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you tell me this was why you did what you did? Why did you let me hate you?"

"I'm so sorry" his voice was giving up on him.

"You should've told me..." she cried uncontrollably.

"I couldn't bear to. You looked so happy these past few days, it just made me feel better. I'm sorry I couldn't fill the void left by your mother"

"I know she died because of me" she said and his hands refused to move "I'm sorry, papa. I'm so sorry"

"That accident... was not your mistake!" He shakily yelled. "Don't ever say that again" He whispered.

"I should've spent more time with you" she said.

"You've done enough for me, my dear. No little girl deserves to shoulder so much pain and responsibilities. You're a wise girl and I love you. I'm very proud of how kind are you to even the ones that hurt you. I'm proud of how courteous you are. You believed in fairy tales. I took away your chance of falling in love like I fell for your mother. Oh, forgive me."

"Papa..." she broke down. "I love you"

"I have one last thing to ask you. I promise I won't ask you to do anything else"

"Don't say things like that" she trembled "Tell me anything I'll do it"

"I want you to move in with Sakusa Kiyoomi." He said and she froze for a few seconds before she said "I will"

"I know you don't like the boy very much. I know you're too young for this. But I'm sure he'll learn his ways. You're no less than an angel" he said "I want them to be your family, Sayu. I cannot bear to leave you alone. As much as you hate me I want you to do this even if you don't want to. I don't have a choice. He will run our company when he is old enough"

"Then I have a request too" she said

"Anything, my child"

"I want to run the company when I'm old enough. I don't care if he has all the shares, I will marry him when I'm old enough no matter how much I dislike it. I will do as I'm told. But I need to be a part of-"

"I cannot agree more" he caressed her head "Look at you being so responsible. You've truly taken after your mother. She was beautiful. Just like you. She had your eyes and they glowed" he spoke about her mother with such amusement her heart broke.

"Well, you'll get to see her before I do" she cried into his arms.

"Ah, I must be very fortunate then..." he said "But I'm also the most unfortunate to leave you alone here. I don't want to see you there for a very long time"

"I promise" she whispered as he fell asleep in his hospital bed.

—————

As much as Sakusa disliked the idea of his fiancé moving in, he didn't protest. He knew that her father was terribly ill and he felt sorry for her. She barely got out of her new room. She barely ate anymore. She'd spend most of her time at the hospital skipping school. News of his illness spread like wildfire and the boys from Karasuno called to check how she was holding up. Even Ubunaga did. Tendou called too. Ushijima spoke to her under Tendou's watchful eyes. She was already devastated.

"Kiyoomi..." his mother sadly said.

"Okaasama?" He flatly asked her.

"Would you... ask her to eat something? Please don't-"

"Okay" he said. He had barely seen her since she moved it. It was like she hadn't at all.

She meekily opened the door when he knocked with a bowl of hot soup in his hand. Her face was puffy and flushed. Her eyes were blood shot, she looked like she needed at least a week of sleep to look better. Her lips were rosier and her ears were red. He couldn't understand how someone could look so beautiful even when they cried. He blinked out of his reverie and walked in to place the soup by her nightstand. "You need to eat." He said but she didn't reply.

"You can't starve yourself for so long you'll only fall sic-" he turned to look at her but she had already collapsed near the door. His eyes widened as his legs automatically pushed him towards her "OKAASAMA!!"

He picked her up in his arms and carried her back to her bed. He noticed that she was lighter than she was the last time he had to pick her up.

'She's lost so much weight' his face scurried and his mother barged in "Oh, my- I'll get my kit!"

He sprinkled water on her face trying to wake her up. And the first thing she said when her eyes fluttered open was "Don't tell papa" she said.

"I won't tell him if you eat" Sakusa wanted to threaten her but his voice fell into a soft whisper. He sat her up and held the bowl in front of her. She looked at her hands and he instantly took his sanitizer and poured it into her hands.

"Arigato" she took the bowl from him and finished her soup.

He took the empty bowl from her and pulled up the sheets "I'll get you more. Stay put" he made his way down the stairs as fast as he could.

Two days later Ubunaga gave him a pen drive with a frown on his face. "What's in this?"

"What you need to see" he said before walking away from him.

Sayuri abruptly woke up when she heard something loudly shatter and ran outside to see that the house was empty. Mrs. Sakusa wasn't home either. She was terrified but followed the noise that led to a big room. The room was a complete mess. There were shattered pieces of everything on the floor and in the farthest corner of the room laid a person facing the wall on his knees. He sobbed as his head rested against the wall, his hand gripping onto a vase that was about to be broken.

"Sakusa san!" She ran towards him. "Sakusa san..."

"Not now, Sayuri" he said hiding his face from her.

"You shouldn't be here. There's glass everywhere" she said and he didn't budge. She had to use his weakness against him "There's germs on every piece of what you broke. Do you still want to sit here?" He quickly shot up from the ground and looked at her in horror. She gently took the vase from his hand and placed it on the nearest surface.

"Let's get out of this room first" she put his hands on her shoulder and carefully led him out as he silently stared at the back of her head. She sighed in relief having cleared all the obstacles and gotten out of there uninjured. Until-

"ARE YOU STUPID!?" She was startled by his voice. His eyes looked in horror at the bloody footprints trailing from his room.

"YOU'RE BLEEDING!"