Hot Tub

Sakusa's eyes opened when he felt her shift against him. Her hand twitched against his chest and he thanked the stars for keeping her safe.   

Sayuri woke up to the sculpted chest she had her cheek pressed against and pulled back in an instant.

"You're okay" he was relieved beyond words. She looked the other way.

"You can be mad at me all you want as long as you're safe" he said "I'll fix it"

His fingers gently nudged her chin to look at him. "I'll fix this." He said slowly pulling her closer "I'll fix every mess my stupidity and arrogance made me do. I started this, all because I couldn't see how amazing you are."

"You should've just broken our engagement" she refused to face him but her shaky voice was already sending him to hell.

"Please forgive me, princess. I'd never mean it. I should've never gotten angry at you. I'm sorry I let him rub my wrong spot. I'm sorry I stopped thinking.You can stab me with a knife and make me watch myself bleed. " He said in all sincerity and she knew he meant it.

"I wouldn't... do that" she shook her head "you'd panic"

"Just kill me instead, I don't deserve you" he said.

"I don't want to answer to your father" she was still mad at him and for the first time, he was happy that she was dead pissed at him. She could be pushing him into a gorge and he'd still be happily accepting it.

"You should've told me about Aiko" he ran his fingers over her cheek. He should've known the very moment Aiko hid her hand under the table when Akaashi attacked her.

"How do you- why would he-"

"Why does he know more about you than I do?"

"Because unlike you he listens" her cheeks puffed a little and Sakusa's guts burned. "Sayuri, kill me if you must, but don't say things like that" he complained. His features softened when he saw that she wasn't as pale anymore "Arigato"

She looked at him in shock. Sakusa Kiyoomi, the self conceited prick thanked her. "W-What?"

"Was he an ass to you? Just tell me the word, princess and Suguru Daisho will just vanish from the face of the earth"

"Why would you say things like that?" She punched his arm.

"You should at least get married before you try to kill yourself like that" he said

"And why should I?" She sassed.

"Who's gonna come looking for you if you suddenly disappear?" He said. He didn't realise the wound he pricked unintentionally.

"You came" she said and his tongue tied.

"What? I... I'm responsible for you." He knew he had lost "But the point is-"

"You really came..." she sadly said. The air had changed. Sayuri never thought someone would even go looking for her, the only two people who'd look for her weren't here. Her parents had already passed. Her heart swelled gratefully when she realised that there was just another person who actually would.

"You really came" she broke down. Sakusa's heart broke when he saw the tears in her eyes. He quickly moved to hug her "Of course I would. I'd search the ends of the world for you"

"Arigato" she cried against his chest.

"Please don't cry" he held her tight.

"I was s-so scared when you told me you didn't want to see me again"

"I'm so sorry, love. I don't mean it. I promise" he held the back of her head, caressing her hair trying to get her to stop crying before he lost his sanity. When she was a little better he cupped her face while his thumb wiped the tears off her cheeks. "You're cold still" his voice croaked when his thumb felt her icy face. His brain then flashed with the idea of the century.