Ocean Eyes

"I'm sorry" she apologised for the 100th time.

"Don't be, princess. It's not your fault" he gently caressed her head before he led her inside his house. She was finally back from the hospital and in crutches.

"I don't know if you remember this place-"

"Schweiden" she said and looked at him. "TV" she pointed.

"Yes, we watched the Schweiden games together." He smiled.

"Oh..."

"Your room's upstairs" he said and before she took the stairs he stopped her. "You really don't remember anything, do you?"

"Not remember wh- SAKUSA SAN!" She was startled when he picked her up in his strong arms "You barely walked these stairs" he hid the smile that threatened to form on his face.

"I... What? I don't..." she was embarrassed but she calmed down when she smelled a whiff of his cologne, the one that somehow gave her a familiar feeling assuring her that it was okay to let him do that.

He set her on her bed letting her look around. She peeked at the window and he helped her get there. She saw the huge garden. "Snow" she said.

"Do you remember the snow?"

"I don't... know" she said.

"You have to take this slow, princess" she was so close to him he couldn't help feel his hands tingle.

"I remember seeing another girl in the snow. Was there another girl here?" She raised her brows.

'Kiara'

"Yes..."

"Do I know her?"

"You didn't like her" he said. "You shouldn't bother about her"

"Why?"

"She was really mean to you" he said "She put a lot of thorns between us" that was a painful memory alright.

"Oh... Say, when can we go see Fish?" She hopefully asked.

"How about right after the exams end?" He smiled and she cutely nodded.

"Ah this bed is so comfortable. Did I sleep here everyday?" She asked.

"No, you slept in the other room" he said "with me"

"W-What? R-Really? Did we-"

"No, but close" he said "you're so beautiful"

She blushed before looking away "I..."

He laughed at her red face "Oh, Sayuri you've no idea how much I love you"

"Kiyoomi, you're here too" his mother walked in "Sayuri, I just received your ring"

She opened the box and froze.

"Do you remember it?"

"I wore this at... my place... why is it here?" She asked.

"That's your engagement ring" he softly said trying to remind her.

"Really?"

"Come here" he took the ring out of the box and held her hand "May I?"

She hesitated for a few seconds before softly nodding. He felt his heart tug as he slid her on her finger. It looked like it belonged there.

"Oh, it's pretty" she whispered.

"I'm glad you like it" he was lost looking at her hand. The ring on her finger, to be precise. He missed seeing it there.

Sakusa was never one to keep his door open, but that night he kept it ajar just in case Sayuri needed him. He jumped out of his bed when he heard something fall on the floor.