Graduation

Graduation was rather dull for the three. Kiyoomi was stuck with Kiara the whole time who was going on and on about how she was going to miss her best friend when he leaves to the US. Sarukawa on the other hand couldn't stand the thought of being away from Sayuri, it hit him harder than it should've, especially with the adoption news.

"How are you going to handle it yourself? You cried on your first day of detention!" He said.

"I can do it, I swear. I'm not the same anymore" she objected.

"You're going to be alone. What if they pick on you? What if they-"

"Shiro san!" She stopped him "That won't happen"

"Keep my gun with you, okay?" He put his hand in his blazer.

"WHAT THE-" she stopped him and looked around to see if anyone saw "Why do you still have a gun?? And here..."

"Habit. It's safer" he said.

"It's illegal!"

"I have a license"

"No, you don't. Wait, do you?"

"Yuri, you're more stupid than you think" he said and she looked at him in disbelief "You trust people way too fast then get surprised when they jump ship, what's worse is you get scared. Why do you get scared?"

"I... I don't!"

He painfully eyed her for a minute "I won't go" he said "I'm gonna call this off. I can't-"

"Kazuki san is going to beat you so bad for even trying to say that!" She cut him off "You shouldn't talk about not going, I really want you to."

"But 4 years without a break is... I don't know how you're going to be okay. I can't even get back if something happens!" He said.

"Nobugi san is here too! There's nothing more I can ask for" she assured him.

"Don't forget to call everyday" he held her hand "I... Yuri, please stop me from leaving. Just one word and I won't go"

"You know I won't say that" she looked at his hand as her thumb traced the deep ridges of his scars.

"If anyone picks on you, I need to know"

"Please be careful" she said. "Don't take out your gun or shoot anybody"

"Say... you've never taken me to the shooting range you always talk about" he smiled watching her face unveil a different expression, one of realisation.

"Oh... oh, I haven't?" She gripped his hand harder "Can we go tomorrow??"

"Anything you want" he watched her fidget in joy like a mellow toddler. He chuckled when her face did a 180 and scoffed at Kiara clinging onto Kiyoomi.

"You really can't stand her, can you?"

"But it isn't right to not acknowledge it. She's his best friend since ages, I don't want to take that from him or her. That's just how she is and as long as he's okay everything's fine..." she looked at Kiyoomi while Sarukawa looked at her soft, little hand in his.

"You really love him, don't you?" His heart clenched a little when he said that.

"Yeah" she mindlessly said but her attention diverted back to him and she asked "Do you?"

"What?"

"Do you like someone?" She raised her brows.

"I do" he didn't hesitate.

"Who is it?!" She excitedly asked "WHO?"

"I can't tell you"

"Oh! Why don't I know this?!! Why'd you never tell me?"