Disaster

You're gonna hate me so much for this. I'm sorry 🙈

"Should you be lifting something that heavy when you're due anytime now?" Toshiro took the heavy utensil from her hand and placed it on the kitchen counter.

"Thank you" she said.

"What are you making?" He asked.

"Lasagna. But I have to look it up..." she said searching for her phone.

"I'll help you"

"Okay." She smiled "Could you get the cheese out of the fridge while I search for my phone?"

"Careful" he said before she jogged right out making him scoff and yell "DON'T RUN!"

Sayuri found the noiseless house kinda weird. The butler was on a leave but she didn't see the others either. The kitchen was empty too. She thought Kiyoomi sent them home and went to her room searching for her phone.

"Looking for this?" She heard a very distant yet familiar voice ask her while he played with her phone. She saw the long black coat he wore and instantly knew who it was. She stepped back thinking of escaping him but before she could turn to run she felt a weird smell trickle her nose and her eyes saw black.

Toshiro was getting impatient. He was worried if she went into labour, Kiyoomi asked him to stay with her since he had a mandatory meeting with a few big investors.

"Yuri?" His eyes fell on the couch where Sayomi was asleep not long ago.

The house was unusually silent. "Sayuri??" He climbed the stairs. "Is Sayo with you?"

He was worried big time when he couldn't hear her answer. Her room was empty but her cellphone was on the floor. He shakily picked it up "S-Sayuri... your phone's here!" He tried calling her again. His hand paused when he saw a message from a number he knew so well.

Come home if you need them alive.

The colours drained from Toshiro's face and he quickly called his butler. "Oshumi san! Tell me this is a joke!"

"Shiro san!" She heard Sayuri cry in pain. "Don't listen to him"

"Please don't hurt her!" He said.

"Which one?" He chuckled and Toshiro swore he felt his heart stop. "S-Sayomi??!!"

"Shoshi!!!" she screamed hearing his voice on speaker. "He's mean"

"Baby!" He felt his voice constrict. "I'll come get you, okay?"

"So... which of these did you tell me to not hurt?"

"DON'T YOU DARE HURT EITHER OF THEM!" He said.

"Are you angry at me?" He asked and as soon as Toshiro opened his mouth to answer he heard Sayomi scream.

"NO!" He pleaded "No, please don't hurt the kid"

"When did you become so soft?" His butler laughed.

"What do you want?"

"Didn't you read the message?"

"I did." He said "Please let them go. Sayuri's gonna go into labour anytime"

"Not my problem."

"Please! Please let them go! I'll come, I'm on my way!" He hurried to get the car keys.

"The sooner you get here the better" he hung up and Toshiro hadn't driven so rough in his entire existence. He quickly pressed a few buttons before throwing his phone in the passenger seat and stepped on the gas. His hands were trembling as if he had chills from a fever.

He walked into his old house to see Sayuri sat on the floor, her back against the wooden rails of the stairway, with Sayomi hiding in her mother's arms. The skin covering Sayuri's cheekbone was blue. He ran towards them without another thought but was pulled right back by two other men. "I'm here now let them go"

"Okay" the butler smiled "But I don't know if they can walk so far"

"Sayuri can drive back" he took the keys out of his pocket but the butler snatched it from him just as fast "Now she can't"

"Please." He almost fell on his knees "You're hurting them"

"URUSAI!!" Oshumi roared "I tried so hard... SO HARD TO KEEP THE SYNDICATE ALIVE AFTER HER FATHER AND YOURS FOOLISHLY ENDED IT. Well, yours didn't until he wrote everything to you but SHE did" he sneered gritting his teeth. "She was so troublesome for an 18 year old I swear to Kami!" He was so frustrated Toshiro was scared if he'd pull the trigger.

"If you think I'm going to let her leave alive, you're WRONG!" He said pulling his gun out and smirked. "What's better? I get a bonus kill"

"...that is if I decide to spare the little girl" he added before pointing his gun at her and Sayuri quickly pushed Sayomi away from her. "When this is over, Toshiro, you'll learn how to behave"

When he pulled the trigger Sayuri wrapped her arms around her bump and said a million sorries to her unborn baby. Her eyes went wide when she felt the haggard, warm, breath on her face and looked up to see Toshiro whose eyes went red.

"Are you okay, love?" He whispered taking a whiff of her scent to assure himself that she was safe.

"SHIRO SAN!" She pulled him into her arms and touched his back to feel the red liquid coat her hands. She quickly reached inside Toshiro's coat and took a shot at the butler, the recoil straining her more than she thought it would. She braced herself for impact and shot the other two men before feeling her stomach cramp.

"Mama!" Sayomi was shaking like a person stranded in the Arctic. She was panicking after all that she saw and heard.

"Baby, I need you to be calm, okay?" She assured her daughter "Please be strong."

"Sh-Shoshi..." she looked at Toshiro struggle against her mother. Sayuri regretted not carrying Nobugi's special brown pouch with her anymore.

"Look away, baby" he shakily covered the toddler's eyes as Sayuri took deep breaths "Hold still" she said "G-Give me your phone"

"K-Kiyoomi and the others are... on their... way" he trembled laying his head in her lap.

"Stay awake, okay?" Tears rushed down her cheeks "Please stay with me"

"I'm sorry" he said unable to talk much "You're in trouble again... because of me"

"No, no... it's not your fault" she said trying to keep him quiet.

"Sayuri..." he said caressing her face as Sayomi crawled into his arms to rid herself of the fright and he held her tight.

"Please don't talk anymore" she cried. "Please stay awake. I wish I could save you again"

"You saved me more times than I can think of" his hand stayed on her cheek "You saved me every single day from my dark place. You never... judged me"

"I wouldn't..." she said "Please don't move too much"

"Now you know what it feels like when you don't listen to me" he chuckled through his excruciating pain.

"It's not funny!" she cried harder.

"Shh. Don't cry" he said "I'm hurting too much already"

"Then stop talking and look at me. Don't close your eyes even if your mind forces you to" she said pulling him into her arms and pressed her palm over his wound.

"It's always been you, Sayuri..." he whispered.

"What?" Her pains were increasing.

"The girl I told you about" he smiled and she looked at him in horror before almost breaking down.

He touched her wounded cheek and caressed it before craning his neck to press a long kiss against her cheek "You're my... happy place, Sayuri. You're... so warm" he choked on his breath before he breathed his last in her arms and uttered his final words.

"I love you"

-I cried while writing this. I'm sorry-