Warmth

He was more scared than concerned. He repeated it several times until she was convinced that he couldn't stand the sight of blood.

"Close your eyes" she said.

"What?" He was panicking.

"Close your eyes... don't look at it." She softly said turning her head to look at him.

He was convinced that she was a psycho. He quickly picked her up and hurried downstairs not daring to look towards her feet. He laid her on the couch and looked for his mother.

"Okaasama"

"She's not home"

"Where's everybody else?"

"I don't know" she said.

"Stay here" he got her the emergency kit and she took it from him unable to look at him tremble in his feet.

"Look away" she said.

"Huh?" His mind was fuzzy with the sight what he had seen.

"Look away..." she said and he did, she took the forceps and tried to take out the small shards of glass in her feet. His insides churned every time she gasped a little.

"Are you don-"

"No" it hurt like a bitch but she had to take them all out. Sakusa took a deep breath and looked at her pained face before kneeling down before her and took the forceps from her hand.

"Don't look-"

"Urusai!" His hands shakily but quickly removed all the pieces one by one. He was breathing so heavily she was worried if he'd have a panic attack. His eyes rapidly blinked as he took them all out and poured the antiseptic like there was no tomorrow.

"Ah ah ah... I think that's enough" she took the bottle from him.

"The germs..."

"They're gone." She was panting in pain "Long gone" she assured him as he quickly put on some medicine and rolled a gauze around her leg.

"Will you die?" He asked. She was going to punch his arm but stopped when he saw his face laced with genuine concern. He was such a simpleton when it came to germs and wounds. She looked at him in disbelief "I won't. Thanks to you" she said.

"I saved a life" he proudly said to himself.

"You did" she almost laughed but bit her lip to stop herself. He looked like an innocent child.

"Sakusa san..." her smile dropped. She knew what she saw there wasn't normal "What was that about?"

His face suddenly drained of colours "Nothing"

"I need to know" she said.

"Why?!"

"As much as I don't like it it's my responsibility" she hit him back with his own words but hers sounded like she she was really worried.

"Tell me" she added.

"Aiko..." he said. "Aiko..."

Ubunaga had done his job well and she knew it. She was happy he accomplished his task but she couldn't look at Sakusa like that.

"What did she do?"

"She cheated..." he said. Sayuri already knew it all but she couldn't tell him she did.

"I'm sorry" she shocked him with a hug. She rubbed his back trying to soothe him down "I'm so sorry" she said as he broke down in her arms.

"I loved her so much"