Dinner Disaster

"Bokuto..." Akaashi looked at her vehicle speed away

"Something's going on with Yuri chan"

"You figured..." Akaashi said.

"Of course I would. She was so jumpy, so careful"

"But I don't know if I should poke around this" Akaashi was a wise guy.

"What? But she's our friend!" Bokuto said. "And she's had the biggest crush on you for the longest time" he said.

"She what??"

"I wish she liked me instead, you're clearly a blockhead" he said stumping Akaashi's brain. "Do you like her?"

"I-I guess..." He looked at his feet. Her angry voice clouded his mind, he was mainly upset that she couldn't trust him enough to confide in him. He didn't understand if he should listen to his heart or his brain. His heart told him to take a stand for what he believed in, his heart dared him to take a look at what she was going through. But his mind told him to leave her alone like she wanted him to, he didn't want to cause her any hindrance.

"You're a fool, Keiji!" Bokuto smacked his shoulder "I'll see you tomorrow!" He waved before turning around to head back home leaving Akaashi to battle his insides by himself.

The tournament arrived faster than it should've. Sayuri had a mental countdown to her demise set by default. High school. High school was going to be the death of her. She failed to convince her father out of it and knew just how bad it would end.

She walked towards the court like the poised zombie she was ignoring every eye on her. She just wanted to win this and take her frustration out. She was so confined even her frustration had a limitation. She was turning into a bot.

"Captains" the referee called for a toss and Sayuri went without a word. She simply nodded at what the referee said before he called the toss.

"We're serving" she flatly said taking the ball in her hand.

"NEKOMA!! NEKOMA!!"

Sayuri looked at the ball in her grip. It was sad how that ball was the only thing she could control in her life. She flipped the ball high up and swiftly ran towards the court, she had a style to the way she served. A unique one that made her serves deadly. She pushed all her pain towards her hand and gave it to the ball as she basically spiked from outside the court.

"NO TOUCH AAACEEEE!!" Her team screamed as she landed. She looked like a devil. She looked so satisfied to have exercised her freedom to control something. Even if it was something so small. She felt free when she played volleyball and she wasn't going to lose. She wasn't going to let Nekoma take that feeling away from her.

"Wait, that's the sniper!"

"That's Fukurodani's sniper."

"What? I though #6 was their Sniper."

"She's looked so timid I thought she was on the bench"

"Dude, that's captain"

"She's beautiful"

Akaashi and Bokuto ran as fast as they could towards the women's gymnasium.

The match was almost done by the time they got there after finishing their own.

"How are they going?"

"Sayuri is bludgeoning them left and right" One is the girls on the bench squealed in awe.

They saw the focused ace perform flawlessly on court. Akaashi's heart fluttered even further.