Dreading

"Everything that happens in this house goes through me first!" Every soul in the house dropped their jaws. She was never like this. She was the timid, polite, sweet little girl who never raised her voice. She wasn't being rude or anything but this was her enlightening. This was her growing out of her protective shell. The hard way.

"What even happened to her?" The staff spoke amongst themselves.

"Nobody is to talk about the head of the house. Unless you want to be fired" the butler said and they all scattered away.

"Sayuri sama..." the butler, Mr. Nobugi, said.

"Sayuri." She corrected herself.

"Sayuri sa- Sayuri chan..." he said and she smiled. "Is there I can help you with?"

"Actually, yes" she said "I need to start learning about the company. I need your help"

"Are you sure you want to?"

"I do"

"But you've a contract with Mr. Sakusa"

"I'm terminating it soon, I spoke to our lawyer" she went through her father's drawers and saw her engagement picture. She threw it in the trash can and fixed her hurt face.

"I need two other things" she said.

"Yes, Madam" he smiled.

"I need a transfer back to Fukurodani..." she said.

"That's a tough one since it's mid year, but we'll try to get it done" he said "And the other one?"

"Who is my guardian?" She asked.

He fell silent for ten seconds before he answered "I am"

"Y-You are?"

"Yes" he politely nodded. "I'll get you the deed"

"Okay. Would you schedule a meeting with Mr. Sakusa as soon as possible?" She asked.

"Would you like your guardian to go with you?" He asked and she nodded "Yes, please"

"Very well. I'll will look into it all right now"

He stopped at the door before turning around "Is that all?"

"No" she said "I need the best wine in our cellar"

"NANI?!!"

——————

Kiyoomi saw his biggest nightmare unfold before his very eyes as she walked away. She left him. He saw the ring in his hand and back at her. She was leaving without it. It belonged in her hand, not back in his.

"S-Sayuri..." he stuttered. His legs were shaking like jelly. Her security left once she was back in her car.

"Oom-"

"Don't" his mother stopped her "Don't step any closer to him. Go back to your room."

Once Kiara's family was out of the living room, she stepped in his view. "Oh, What did you do?" Her voice choked on her breathlessness.

"I... I didn't... Kiara..." he looked lifeless "She... did it... Okaasama, Sayuri..." he fell on his knees. "WHY DID YOU STOP ME!!!! WHY WOULD YOU SACRIFICE MY ENGAGEMENT FOR ANOTHER PERSON!!! I'M YOUR SON!" He cried uncontrollably like he lost his mind.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry. I didn't know it would escalate to this" she hugged him as he whimpered in her hold. "It's all my fault, Kiara was in a bad place. I didn't think she would."

"BUT I'M YOUR SON!" He broke down even further "Okaasama... please... I need her"

"Ma..." he helplessly wept "I beg of you"