Prologue

August 2018

He was beautiful unlike anyone else I had ever laid eyes on. I had seen so many people in my lifetime but none could even begin to compare to him. There was something about his green eyes and an effortless smile that was so captivating. You could almost get lost in him.

The camera flashes pulled me from my thoughts. "Does this look okay?" Kai asked me, showing me the camera. I nodded. "Thanks for doing this for me, it means a lot, " Kai begged me for months to help him at a photo shoot, but I was far too awkward. I always felt like I was in the way of creating beauty.

"Harry, stand against the pier." Kai directed him.

Without hesitation, Harry positioned himself on the pier. Kai pulled the camera to his face and began snapping pictures. He moved from position to position to ensure he had the "perfect shot." My eyes kept wandering over Harry.

"Why don't you take one?" Harry asked me with a smirk on his lips.

I could feel my cheeks start to heat up.

did he catch me staring?

I held my hands out for Kai's camera."Um, can you look up at the sky for me?" Harry nodded before he turned his head to the sky.

The sun illuminated the green in his eyes. "I think this one looks good." I motioned for Kai to come look. He looked over my shoulder with a soft grin, he just nodded. I gently placed the camera back into his hands.

"Why aren't you taking any pictures of the pretty girl?" Harry asked. I shook my head in disagreement.

"I'm not pretty enough to be model material." He furrowed his brows as he walked closer to me. I could feel the lump in my throat grow.

"I think you're pretty enough." His voice was soft but sweet. His eyes locked with mine as a subtle smile grew on his pale pink lips. "I don't think I'm model material." I furrowed my brows at him, mocking his previous expression. "What's that look for love?" He asked and I just shook my head as I slowly walked away.

I watched him turn to Kai with a confused expression, "Did I miss something?' He asked Kai softly. I heard Kai chuckle as he continued to pack up his camera.

"She thinks you're attractive, dude." Harry looked shocked when he glanced over at me. "She's one of the many girls, I don't see why you're surprised." Kai shook his head. He threw his camera bag over his shoulder as he hurried to catch up to me.