33

Harry

I watched her while she slept and I couldn't help but admire her beauty. I look at her and then I realize that God has his favorites and she had to be one of them. The way her messy hair was spread out on the sheets or the way she looked in one of my shirts was absolutely breathtaking.

I wish I could put all my feelings for her into words, but the second she looked at me I completely lost my train of thought. So many times I thought about telling her exactly how I felt, but I could never get the words to fall out of my mouth.

I wanted to show her how she made me feel, but I felt like I couldn't do that either. I knew that no one had ever shown her what love felt like and I wanted to be the one. I wanted to leave soft kisses against her shoulder while I chanted about how much I adored her.

I never understood how she remained so innocent and kind after everything she went through. I know it took its toll on her, but at the end of the day, her heart is still made of solid gold. She was so forgiving, almost too forgiving at times. I would never deserve someone as good as her, but I'm so glad that I have her.

I looked at the clock resting on her bedside table, 9:03 am, I should wake her up. I had something big planned for us today, I had a surprise waiting for her just two hours away. I knew that my schedule was about to become so hectic, so I had to savor any moment with her that I could.

I sat down beside Audrey on the bed, running my fingers across her cheek. Her skin was so soft and I couldn't get enough. "Hey, sweet girl." I cooed while I gently shook her body.

She didn't say anything, she just let out groans. I could tell she didn't want to get up, all she did was roll over and try to hide under the covers.

I spent five minutes begging her to get up before she even opened her eyes, then she just gave me the death stare for another five minutes. I wanted to laugh but I was afraid that would only anger her even more.

"I have a surprise for you today," I mumbled.

I watched confusion replace the anger. "What is it?" She was pouting like a toddler, and I found it to be funny.

"Can't tell you," She tried to fight the smile on her face, but she couldn't, "Give me thirty minutes and I'll be ready." She didn't say anything else before she jumped out of bed and scurried to the bathroom.

**

I just wanna see how beautiful you are
You know that I see it
I know you're a star
Where you go I follow
No matter how far
If life is a movie
Then you're the best part
(Best Part - Daniel Caesar)

Audrey and I spent most of the ride taking turns picking songs so we could serenade the other. I didn't know if Audrey sounded so angelic because I'm in love with her or because she was an angel. Maybe both. I couldn't tell you, I just know I have yet to find something that I don't adore.

She held her fist up to her mouth like it was a microphone. She didn't care who we passed on the highway, she was living her best life. It felt so good to see her so happy after seeing how broken she was. She deserved to feel this good all the time.

It was hard to keep my eyes on the road when all I wanted to do was admire Audrey. I wanted to admire the way the sun illuminated the color in her eyes or the way the hair blew in the wind.

I placed my hand on her thigh causing her to bring her singing to a complete stop. She just looked down at my hand with wide eyes. I felt a pit of worry start to grow in my stomach, I removed my hand.