58

Audrey

Holy shit, my head hurts! I feel like I have been run over by a semi-truck. My eyes were so heavy, I could barely keep them open. I couldn't keep them open long enough to see where I was all I could do was listen to the faint beeping. Am I in a hospital?

I held my eyes open long enough to see Harry curled up in a tiny chair beside me. He was wrapped in my favorite fuzzy blanket. I could tell his hair was a mess. I wish I could keep my eyes open long enough to admire him, but the damn light is blinding me.

"B-Baby?" I stuttered as I slowly moved my hand on the bed. I felt so weak. "Can you please close the blinds?" I whispered. It was hard for me to speak, I felt like I swallowed thousands of razor blades.

"Oh my God!" Harry exclaimed. I still had my eyes closed so I couldn't see what he was doing, but he sounded frantic, "You're awake! I can't believe you're awake!" I could hear how excited he was. If I had the energy to smile then I would, but I was so drained. "I have to get everybody, my mom is going to be so happy that you're awake."

"H-Harry, baby, t-the blinds-s." I repeated again.

"M'Sorry." He apologized before he walked over to the window.

Once the blinds were closed it was so much easier to open my eyes. My eyelids were still heavy, but I felt better without the sun burning through them.

My eyes made their way over to Harry, he looked awful. The circles under his eyes were dark, I could tell he hadn't been sleeping much. I could see the exhaustion weighing down on him. I could see the puffiness under his eyes as if he had been crying for hours.

"I'm going to go get my family, they will be so excited to see you're awake! I'll get the doctor too, so he can check on you and make sure everything is okay."

Harry started to walk out of the room, but I didn't let him, "Loverboy, can you please just stay? I just want to spend a few minutes with you before I see anyone else." His face softened as he walked over to my bed.

I slowly moved over so he could lay down beside me. I felt so broken and all I wanted was for him to hold me. He laid down beside me but he wouldn't touch me. We just laid there awkwardly. Anytime I would scoot closer to him then he could shift back as if he didn't want to be near me at all.

I turned my head so I could look at Harry, but he never adjusted himself to look at me. His eyes were fixed on his rings. There was a lot of pain hidden in those green eyes which was breaking my heart. I know that I can't exactly help the situation I'm in but I still feel bad. I can't imagine how broken I would be if something like this happened to Harry.

"Miss Taylor, I'm glad to see you're finally awake." A doctor walked in with a faint smile on his lips, "I'm Doctor Brown. Here within the next few minutes Nurse Stevens and Nurse Evans will be in here to take you up for a head CT. I want to double check that there is no swelling or bleeding in the brain."

"When do you think she will be able to go home?" Harry asked as he pulled himself off my bed.

"As long as her well-being doesn't change then I would say by the beginning of next week. Right now we need to monitor you as closely as we can." Both of us nodded to signal that we were listening, "You lost a lot of blood, Miss Taylor. There was a lot of swelling around your neck and abdomen, there is still a lot of bruising. Have you tried to walk around any at all?"

I shook my head, "I do want to warn that you will be in a lot of pain for the next couple days. We will adjust your pain medication if needed, but I want to be careful with the dosage." Things were silent for a minute while he looked over my chart, "Also, you had a deep laceration along your forearm as well as on your head, both of these required stitches. Before we release you to go home then we will be able to remove both sets of stitches, so you won't have to come back."