53

December 12, 2019

Audrey

Tomorrow is Fine Line day!

I had never been so excited about something in my entire life! I had been with Harry during most of the making of this album, and I was excited to see everything put together.

Harry had kept a lot from me so I would be surprised whenever it was released. I didn't know the order of the songs on the album, and I hadn't heard the finalized product of a couple of songs. I hadn't seen the album cover or even the photoshoot for the album. Harry went to an entirely different photographer, knowing that I would bug the hell out of Kai about it.

I hated that I still had to wait seven more hours before all my questions would be answered. I have bugged Harry so much that he decided he wanted to go to the store on his own. I don't know who he thinks he is acting all grown and shit, but it's not okay.

Usually, I would've already started cleaning by now, but Harry got up early and cleaned the entire house. I think he finally got tired of how much I was cleaning. I think it was a nervous habit because I never cleaned like that unless something big was happening.

I think it was the overwhelming feeling of needing to please everyone. Ever since I was a kid, I always felt like I had to make everyone happy. If I wasn't making everyone happy, then there was no point, I felt like a failure.

I know how pathetic that sounds.

I have never known why I was that way because my mom wasn't. She didn't care if she was making anyone else happy as long as she was happy. I had always wanted to be like that, but I never was.

There's been a lot of situations in my life that I could have avoided if I wouldn't have been worried about making someone mad. I could've protected myself, my mind, and my body.

"Sweet girl?" I jerked whenever Harry's soft voice floated through the air. "I've been trying to get your attention for five minutes, are you okay?"

Am I okay? I'm not sure. I think I am.

Why wouldn't I be okay? I don't have a reason to be not okay. Things are going great for me right now.

"Can you hold me for a minute?" I asked him to avoid his question because I didn't know the answer.

Harry laid the grocery bags down and walked over to me. He lifted me off the couch, wrapping my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. He sat us down on the couch. Neither of us said anything, we just adapted to the silence.

**

I have never seen this many people crammed into one house at a time. There were people in every nook and cranny. They had all come to support Harry. I have seen many familiar faces like Lizzo and Adele, both of which were thrilled to meet me.

Harry has spent most of this night introducing me to all his friends, making me feel special. I will admit I started to lose track of their names after ten people. I was terrible with names, hell, I can't remember mine half of the time.

Harry pulled me into the living room so I assumed it was getting close to the time for the album release. He called out to gain the attention of everyone in the house, and of course, everyone gravitated toward him.

"I guess, loverboy is going to give a speech," Mitch mumbled as he walked to stand beside me. I chuckled before I looked back to Harry with a bright smile on my face.

"I want to start off by thanking each and every one of you, I really appreciate you all coming to support me. I'm very blessed to call you all my friends and I consider most of you to be my family." He glanced over to me, Mitch, Sarah with a wide grin. "My team and I have put countless hours into this album. I really owe it all to them for making everything flow so perfectly." Sarah started to clap which caused everyone else to join in.

I looked around to see everyone with smiles on their faces and love in their heart. It gave me an overwhelming feeling of happiness seeing all the people who truly love and support Harry. It's crazy to see people packed into this room like sardines and knowing there are still more people out there. Harry had such an impact on the lives of so many.

"I would like to end this by thanking Audrey," My face flooded with color while everyone looked over to me, "It feels good knowing that I will always have you in my corner supporting me. You have brought so much joy and inspiration into my life. There's a piece of you in almost every single song on this album." I could feel tears welling up in my eyes.

Harry looked over his shoulder to the countdown we had playing on the TV. There were only seconds left. He turned back to face everyone, "Thank you all again! Enjoy." He said with a bright smile, raising his glass to everyone.

Golden started to blare through the speakers whenever Harry walked over to me. I didn't waste any time wrapping my body around his, "I adore you, loverboy." I mumbled into the crook of his neck.

"I adore you." He whispered into my ear.

**

Last night was perfect! The album turned out to be amazing, but I wasn't surprised. Harry has never written a bad song. There wasn't a single skip on Fine Line. The album in its entirety was absolutely perfect and I would like to speak to anyone who thinks otherwise.

Harry kept asking me what my favorite song was but I couldn't pick. I had created an emotional connection to each of the songs, there was no way I could pick. I felt like I was picking which child was my favorite.

Harry and I were in the process of packing so we could fly back to Holmes Chapel for the holidays. I convinced him to spend the rest of December and most of January with his family. He needed to spend time with them.

I felt like I was packing up my entire house compared to Harry, but he already had a lot of clothes at his house in London. He told me that he was going to take my shopping for clothes so I could leave some at the house as well.

A piece of me was still worried about him leaving me, but I chose to not think about it as much as I was. I wanted to be completely focused on making memories with him and being there for him.

Besides, I doubt he would still leave me. I don't think he would still be planning a future with me if he didn't see me in it anymore.

"Are you ready to go?" Harry asked while he zipped up his suitcase.

I looked around the room, making sure I had everything. I nodded while I zipped up one of my suitcases. Harry offered to take me things down to the car, but I wouldn't let him. Did that stop him? Absolutely not.

He carried every single one of the bags out to the car, asking for no help. I tried so hard to carry one bag, but no, he pried my hands off it. Harry was a true gentleman. I can't remember the last time I opened my own car door or carried my own things.

We crawled into the Jeep, double-checking our mental checklists to make sure we had everything. Harry looked over to me, "Just a few reminders, I will need attention on this fourteen-hour flight and for when we get there, your name is Audrey."

I narrowed my eyes at him before I pushed him. He has not let me live that down and he won't. Anytime we go anywhere new or someone I don't know is coming over, he always reminds me of my name.

Not everyone can be as charismatic as you, loverboy.