56

Audrey

It's been a couple days since Anne and I had gone out together. I kept thinking back to everything she had said. I don't think I would ever forget that conversation, and honestly I never wanted to.

To feel this loved was something I would always be thankful for. All I ever craved was a genuine, down to earth kind of love and now I have it. The love this family had given me was unconditional love. My own family didn't love me as much as Harry's loved me.

Do you know how sad it is to feel more love from a family that isn't even yours? I guess it does give me some peace knowing that I do have a family, a real family.

I am meeting more of his family tonight at the New Year's party. For some reason, I wasn't nervous about meeting more people. Maybe the nerves hadn't set in yet or maybe I finally feel comfortable around his family.

Harry kept telling me that I had no reason to be nervous because he knew they were going to love me. It was hard to believe it at the time, but they really did love me.

Speaking of Harry, I think he's still asleep. Harry was usually an early riser, but here recently he's been sleeping until ten or eleven. I guess I shouldn't complain because I'm usually the one that sleeps late. I just feel like somethings wrong with him and it's worrying me.

I walked upstairs to hear the shower running. I peeked into the bathroom to see Harry propped against the sink on his phone.

"Good morning, loverboy." I said whenever I pulled myself into the bathroom. He looked up from his phone with a smile on his face. He walked over and kissed my cheek, "How long have you been awake?"

"Five or ten minutes." I furrowed my brows at him.

Why didn't he come say good morning? No, Audrey, do not overthink it.

I immediately changed the subject to avoid hurting my own feelings, "What time are we going to your moms?"

"I think we need to leave here at six because everything starts at ten. We would still have an hour to kill whenever we got there, so I figured we could go get some dinner." I nodded, "Would you be okay with that? Would you want to go on a date with me, sweet girl?"

"Who wouldn't want to go on a date with you, loverboy?" Harry rolled his eyes playfully, "Can I kiss you?" I asked him as my eyes shifted between his. He nodded, pressing his lips to mine.

**

The house was crowded with friends and family. Everyone had a drink in their hands while I felt like I shouldn't drink. I could feel my motherly instincts kicking in, which was odd because everyone in here was old enough to take care of themselves. 

I kept making sure that Harry wasn't drinking too much. I really didn't need drunk Harry to spill any more secrets.

Harry was talking to a group of his friends, most of which were girls, while I stood in the living room with Gemma. I noticed one of the girls kept stroking Harry's arm. Why isn't he saying anything?

Gemma turned to look at me, "I'm going to go to the bathroom, will you be alright by yourself?" I nodded, giving her a reassuring smile.

I stared down into my drink, hoping it wouldn't be long before she returned. I thought about walking over to Harry, but he needed to catch up with his friends. I didn't want to pull him away from anybody.

"You must be Audrey," I looked up whenever a deep voice sounded above me, "I'm Matt, one of Harry's old mates."

"Hi." I hadn't been nervous all evening until now. I could feel my stomach turning into knots.

"Harry sure did pick himself a good one," Matt said. Was he trying to compliment me? "I love your long hair." He said as he pushed the hair off my shoulder.

I need to get out of here.

I went to turn away from him, but I felt him grab my wrist with force. I no longer felt safe. I felt like I was spiraling into a darkness whenever he touched me. I thought back to that night. Feeling the weight of his body on top of mine was still suffocating. I can feel his fingertips burning into my skin all over again. Snap out of it Audrey!

I looked at him with fear while he still held a tight grip on my wrist. His eyes looked black. I couldn't even see straight at this point, I felt like I was going to pass out.

I heard a familiar voice appear beside me, "I'm going to give you one chance and one chance only to let go of her." Harry warned. I felt Matt let go of my wrist. I immediately laid my own hand over where his was so I didn't feel so dirty.

"Do not let me see you within ten feet of her ever again, do you understand me?"

Harry was angry. I could see it all over him, I could hear it in his voice whenever he spoke. I could practically see the smoke coming out of his ears. Matt walked away without saying anything else. Harry wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling my body into his.

"Are you okay?" He asked, resting both of his hands on either side of my face, "I shouldn't have left your side. What did he say? Did he hurt you, baby?" All I could was bury my face in his chest, "Do you want to go home? We can go home and have our own New Years party?"

"I'm okay, just want you to hold me." I admitted,
completely collapsing into his chest. I kept myself from crying so no more attention would be drawn to me.

**

Harry stayed right by my side the rest of the night, afraid to let me out of his sight again. His hand rested on my lower back to show me that he was right there with me. He even followed me to the bathroom to ensure that I didn't run into Matt again.

I felt safe whenever I was with him. I felt like I was standing with an army of men armed with weapons. I knew that nothing was going to hurt me whenever I was next to Harry because he was going to do whatever it takes to ensure my safety.

It was 4am whenever we finally walked through the front door. Harry was asleep within minutes, but I haven't been able to close my eyes. I knew that I was safe, but anytime I closed my eyes I could see him again.

I need to go for a walk.

Cautiously, I peeled myself from the bed to make sure I didn't wake Harry. He needed his rest, I didn't want him worrying about me. I grabbed my new camera from the dresser before I left the house.

Maybe taking pictures will help me clear my mind. Maybe I'll be able to get some sleep whenever I return back to the house. I wasn't going to get any rest with my mind running a million miles a minute.

My feet smacked against the cold pavement as I walked further away from Harry's house. Have you ever had the feeling where you can feel someone watching you? I have that feeling right now. I looked over my shoulder to see someone just a few steps behind me.

Dammit Audrey.

Walk faster.

Whenever I sped up so did the person behind me. I could hear his heavy footsteps carrying behind me. It wasn't long before I felt his arms wrap around my sides, pinning my arms to my sides.

"Help me!" I screamed before his other hand covered my mouth.

"Shut up or I kill you right here." He snapped in my ear.

I didn't listen.

I was trying to remember everything I had learned in my self defense classes, but I don't know if it could tell you my birthday right now.

All I knew to do was keep kicking. Most of the time if they see you aren't going down easy then they will let you go, but this dude was different. His grip only grew tighter around my waist. I kept trying to scream, but they were muffled because of his hand.

Bite him.

"You, stupid bitch!" He yelped while my body collided with the cold pavement. My vision was blurry, but I could see the blood dripping down his hand while he made his way over to me. "You're going to regret that darling." He admitted before his foot collided with my face.

Everything went black.