21

Harry

"Harry?" She screamed as she tried to push through them. "Harry!" She screamed again. "Let me go."

"What's your name, baby?" They kept asking, attaching pet names to the end. "Put your arms down!"

I kept hearing her scream my name over and over again in my head. I couldn't push through them. There were so many and they were doing everything in their power to keep her separated from me.

My stomach churned hearing the pet names they called her as if it would flatter her. Baby. I think that made my blood boil more than anything else. I didn't like the idea of someone else calling her baby, she was my baby.

I can't believe I let this happen to her.

"Styles?" She whispered while she pulled her body closer to mine, "What's going on inside that beautiful mind of yours?" She asked. She laid her head on my torso as I continued to stroke her hair.

"Nothing, love." I lied to her, "Go back to sleep." I pushed out a soft smile.

It was taking so much of my strength not to break down completely. I promised her I would be more open, but I just couldn't. This isn't easy for me.

How could I tell her that I felt like I was a shell of a man because I couldn't protect her today? I felt like I had let her down.

My lifestyle is too much for everyone else around, sometimes it's too much for me. I love my job, don't get me wrong, but it would be nice to enjoy one day without cameras flashing in my face. I wanted to go out and enjoy one day, just me.

My eyes fell to Audrey as she slept peacefully beside me. I wrapped my arms tighter around her before I relaxed. I appreciated her for trying to adjust her lifestyle to fit mine, but I feel terrible about it. She deserves a normal life and I'm afraid that's something I can't give her.

**

I didn't sleep all night long. Every time I closed my eyes, I could see her panicked eyes looking to me for help. I kept hearing her scream my name, begging for them to let her go. I could hear how scared she was.

I have never felt so defeated in my life. How am I supposed to be with someone if I can't even keep them safe? I put her in danger without even realizing it. I knew how verbally aggressive the paparazzi could be and of course they invade your personal space. I'm like 98% sure that apart of the job description. I've just never experienced something like that before.

I closed my eyes for a moment, praying this time would be different.

"Audrey?" I yelled as I tried to elbow through them. They kept pushing me back. I felt like wasn't strong enough to push through all these men. There were so many, I was useless at this moment.

"Harry!" She pleaded for me but I couldn't reach her. "Let me go." She pleaded for them to leave her alone. I watched as they grabbed at her arms and pulled her around.

I started to get angry not only with them but with myself. I started pushing ten times harder. I had to get to her, I was determined.

"I'm here." I yelled to her before I pulled her through them, "I'm right here." I cooed as I wrapped my arms tightly around her body. "I'm sorry." I kept mumbling into the side of her head while we hurried into the shop. All that was running through my mind was if she was hurt. I was so anxious.

My body jerked which pulled me from my dreams. I looked around to see I was on the couch. I let out a sigh of relief, knowing that she was safe in my bed. I wiped the sweat away from my forehead while I sank deeper into the couch.