19

Song: If I Could Fly - One Direction

Audrey

Maybe I shouldn't have forgiven Harry so easily, but I couldn't help it. I could feel that he was being genuine with me and that's what mattered the most.

We laid on the floor in the studio with our heads next to each other. He had spent the past hour confessing everything to me. He told me his entire life story, not leaving out a single detail. I think his proudest moment was working in a bakery. He talked very fondly of his life before fame.

"What was it like whenever you started doing music independently?"

"Uhm," He thought to himself for a moment, "It felt amazing to be able to do what I wanted to do. I could do anything I wanted. I didn't have a plan for what I wanted to do, but I knew I wanted to start writing more." I listened as he continued to speak, "I tried to write with as many different people as possible, so I could learn. Songwriting is a lot like surfing. You can practice getting up on the board and sometimes the wave just doesn't come, or the wave comes and you haven't practiced getting up on the board enough. Sometimes everything just aligns perfectly and that's when the song comes."

"You have such a beautiful mind." I complimented as we both looked over at each other. "Did you know that One Direction was going to end?" I asked him yet another question.

"You're asking some really tough questions." He joked, "Uhm, yeah we all knew. There was a part of me where I felt like all the decisions I made as an adult that affected my life and what I was doing with my life had been made for me. I wanted to make decisions for myself. I never really had to make the decision whenever I was with the boys. I mean, I could still put my hat in the ring."

"One more question then I'll stop grilling you." He hummed, "Where do you feel most at home?"

"I never really feel at home anywhere." He admitted honestly, "Whenever I come to LA, I feel like I'm on holiday. I enjoyed being here. So many of my close friends live here." He paused to gather himself, "I look at London as a place where I'll want to be, but after living this life I don't know if I can see myself living in just one place for the rest of my life. I just want to be happy."

"Thank you." I thanked him for being open with me. "It means a lot."

**

We sat in my room while we listened to music. Harry had a beautiful taste in music. He grew up listening to Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, and Fleetwood Mac. You could tell that he was truly inspired by the works of such amazing artists.

I looked down at his hands and noticed that his fingernails weren't painted. All these months that I've known Harry, he's always made sure to keep his nails painted.

"Why aren't your nails painted?" I asked.

"I haven't really had the energy to paint them." He looked down at his nails with a tiny frown.

"Why don't you let me do it?" I asked which caused him to smile, "I have plenty of nail polish that you can choose from." He nodded.

I pulled myself into the bathroom to look for my basket of nail polish. I walked back into the room with all the nail painting essentials, "Pick a color, any color." I said as I handed the basket over to Harry.

"I like these." He said after searching through the basket for a moment. He held two containers of nail polish: one pastel blue, the other pastel pink.

"Perfect choice," I said as I took the containers from his hands.

Harry laid his hand in mine so I could paint his nails. I caught myself admiring his hands.

stop being so damn weird Audrey.

"These colors look really good on you," I admit as I apply a second coat of color onto his fingers.

"There isn't much that I can't pull off." He joked. I just gave him that look, but I knew he wasn't wrong.

I have seen Harry in some outfits that no one else could pull off. His sense of fashion was perfect and I can say that without a doubt in my mind. Harry has the confidence that so many people strive for.

"You're all done," I announced as I screwed the lid back onto the nail polish.

He looked down at his nails to see the design I did on his nails. I painted all his fingers with the pastel pink except his index finger.

"Once they dry a little bit more, we are going to make cookies."

He furrowed his brows at me. His eyes shifted over to my clock, "It's nearly three in the morning?"

"Okay and?" He still looked so confused, "The cookies made at three in the morning taste better than they do at any other time of the day." He shook his head as he fought back the laughter. "I can go make the cookies by myself?" I suggested.

"No." He immediately answered, "I would love to bake cookies with you." He smiled at me. He pulled us off the floor. "Here you go." He said as he handed me the nail polish I had just used on his hands.

"I want you to keep them." He furrowed his brows at me, "I think the colors look really good on you, and I want you to keep them. Don't argue with me, just take the nail polish." He nodded.

*play song now*

Even though Harry was on the fence about baking cookies at three in the morning, he really seemed to enjoy himself. He didn't let me forget that he worked in a bakery therefore he was the only person skilled enough to bake the cookies.

To be completely honest, it was killing me not to jerk the bowl out of his hand and scream 'get out of my kitchen.' I don't think he would appreciate me mocking him though, so I did my best to refrain.

Harry turned to face  me with a faint smile on his lips. I wrapped my around around his neck, "Dance with me." He didn't ask questions, he wrapped his arms around my waist.

Every time I looked at him, I thought of how much he had done for me, what an inspiration he was for me. He gave me the courage I needed to be my genuine self. He loved me enough that I started to love myself.

My eyes scanned over him, admiring his beauty. I placed my hand on his jaw, tracing over what little bit of facial hair he had. Every second I stared at him I found something new to admire.

"For your eyes only, I'll show you my heart... For when you're lonely and forget who you are... I'm missing half of me when we're apart... Now you know me, for your eyes only... For your eyes only..." Harry sang along with the song beautifully.

I looked into his eyes and suddenly everything made sense. Being right here in this moment with him, I realized that absolutely nothing else mattered. Harry placed a gentle kiss on my forehead before he spun me around.

"I couldn't want you any more than I do right now." He confessed while he pushed a piece of hair behind my ear. I noticed the sparkle in his eyes, the same sparkle that appeared whenever he was genuinely happy.

**

This was such a sweet moment...

Once again, I apologize if the timing of the song is off!!