27

Harry

It's been three days, 72 hours, 4,320 minutes, 259, 200 seconds since I heard from Audrey. I have tried every single way in the world to get a hold of her, but I can't. She barely answered my texts, she's answered exactly one phone call, and she won't even open the door.

I know she told me that she just wants to be alone, but how am I supposed to leave her alone? How am I supposed to idly stand by whenever I know she's struggling?

After that phone call the other night, I knew that wasn't my Audrey. She was an entirely different person. She sounded so cold and uninterested. Even when she tried her best to hide it, I could still hear the pain in her voice.

I just wanted to see her and hold her. She didn't even have to tell me what was going on, I just wanted her in my arms. I wanted to hold her until she felt okay again. I wanted to help her in every way that I could. I would sing her a million songs if it made her feel better even for a second. Audrey deserved that. Audrey needed someone who cared for her, genuinely cared for her. I could be that someone.

I tried to call her once more even though I knew that she would send it straight to voicemail. 'Your call has been forwarded to an automated voice message system.' I sighed. I just looked at my phone with hopes that she would call me back any second.

I needed to be with her. I sound crazy, but I can't help it. I can't just sit here every night wondering if she's still alive. It's miserable living in a state of constant worry. I just need to know.

I scrolled through my contacts until I found Kai's name. The phone began to ring while a pit formed in my stomach. Desperately, I prayed that he had more answers than I did, "Harry?" His voice came through.

"Hey mate, I know it's  a bit late but I really need to talk to you." He hummed softly, "Have you heard from Audrey here recently? I've been trying to get a hold of her, but she's not picking up."

"No, I haven't had any luck getting ahold of her these past few days." I sighed. I rested my hand in the palm of my head. "I did talk to her mom this morning though, she said Audrey had been staying out all night. She really didn't dive into much detail."

"I'm really worried about her."

Kai sighed, "This isn't my place to tell you," those words did not put my anxiety at ease, "the only other time that Audrey stayed out all night was when she started spiraling. I don't want to go into a grave amount of detail because it's her story, not mine."

"What do you mean spiraling?" I felt sick to my stomach, but I needed answers.

"Audrey went through something a few years ago and it really messed with her mentally." He paused for a moment, "She started getting worse off. She was angry all the time, very distant. She was sleeping all day long and staying out all night. At one point, her mom and I were worried that she wasn't going to come home." My stomach was twisting itself into knots. "She's going to push you away if she hasn't already, just be patient. Make her listen to you or else she'll just shut you out."

I didn't know what to say. I didn't even know to feel right. I felt like someone just knocked all the air out of me, "Uhm, thanks mate. I'm gonna keep trying to get a hold of her, I'll let you know if I do." The phone call ended.

All that ran through my mind were thoughts of a world without her. I needed to be with her. I can't let her spend another night alone. I had to make sure she was going to be okay, I can't lose her.

**

The night air held a subtle breeze. I pulled into the old abandoned lot to see Audrey laying on the hood of her car. I slowly made my way to the car, I could hear music as I grew closer.