11

Audrey

I didn't sleep much at all last night. I kept checking on Harry to make sure he hadn't puked any. I kept thinking about what he said. I couldn't believe that he meant that. A piece of me wanted to dismiss it completely, but I know that I can't just forget about that.

"Hey, love." I pulled myself out of my thoughts to smile at him. His morning voice was so raspy. "What're you doing here?" He asked as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. he doesn't even remember.

"You called last night." He looked confused, "Said you missed me." I slowly started to pull myself out of his bed.

"What else did I say?" He asked. should I bring it up or wait? "Audrey?"

"Uhm," I took another pause, "You told me that you liked me." I watched his face go pale like he had seen a ghost.

"Well, I do like you," He said as he pulled himself up on the headboard, "but not like that." My heart sank to my feet. I could feel it breaking inside my chest.

"I didn't think you meant anything by it," I reassured him. I felt so stupid. "Uhm, I have got to go, mom needs my help around the house today." He furrowed his brows as I started shuffling around the room. "I'll talk to you later," I said nervously before I darted out of his room.

I crawled into my car with tears ready to fall from my eyes.

Why would I take anything he said last night seriously? What is wrong with me? Am I really that stupid?

I slammed my hands into the steering wheel. I wiped the tears from my eyes as I gathered up any strength I had left.

You're okay.

I turned on some music to keep my mind occupied on the ride.

I would take a bullet
And you wouldn't even notice
Til' the summer is calm

And I will build a palace
But I know you're probably where there's just
A room for one
(Worthy of You - Plested)

**

I never did go home, I spent my day on the beach. I needed to feel some kind of peace. I needed a place to clear my mind. The waves crashing against the sand remind me of Malibu.

"I knew I'd find you here." I heard Kai's voice fill the air, "Your mom she hadn't from you then Harry said you were with your mom, so I knew something was up." I half smiled as Kai plopped down beside me, "What's going on, A?"

I let out a deep sigh, "Last night, Harry called me drunk. He told me he missed me, so my desperate ass came running." I watched Kai fight back his laughter, "When I got there, he was so drunk that he didn't recognize me. Kai, he told me how he really felt about me." I could feel tears stinging my eyes.

"So where did it all go wrong?"

"This morning, I told him about it. Do you wanna know what he said, 'Of course I like you, but not like that.' I have never felt so crushed." He wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"I'm going to let you in on a little secret, boys are stupid." He said which caused me to chuckle, "I know Harry is dreamy but he's still a boy so, therefore, he can be stupid." I nodded.

"I have spent the past four years of my life feeling like shit, I have been miserable." I sighed, "The day I met him for the first time, I knew something was different. I started spending time with him and everything felt right again. It's not fair, Kai." He rubbed my back while I cried into his arms.

"You're about to hate me for saying this, but you need to talk to him." I pulled my head out of his chest, "You need to be honest with him." I nodded as I wiped my tears. "Get your ass in your car and drive to him. He's at the studio." Kai pulled himself off the ground before he helped me up.

"Thank you." I gave him a quick hug before I ran to my car.

**

I walked into the studio. I was immediately greeted by Jeff and Mitch. They both had a pair of headphones tucked to their ear, listening to Harry sing. Jeff nodded to me with a soft smile, Mitch on the other hand opened his arms to me and wrapped me in a big hug.

"Loverboy is recording now," Mitch announced as he nodded his head towards the booth. "Take these and listen." He handed me a pair of headphones.

"What am I now? What am I now? What if you're someone I just want around? I'm fallin' again.." I could hear the raw emotion in Harry's voice as the lyrics poured from his lips. "What if I'm down? What if I'm out? What if I'm someone you won't talk about? I'm fallin' again.." His words were so beautiful, so raw.

"How does that sound?" Harry asked as he popped his head out of the booth, "Hey love!" He got so excited whenever he noticed I was here. "Did you hear the song?' I nodded.

"I loved it, Harry." He smiled at me before he pulled me in for a hug. " I was wondering if we could talk?" I asked him.

"Uhm, of course." He looked at Mitch and signaled we were going outside. "What's going on, love? Is everything alright?" I shook my head.

"Harry, last night you told me how you really felt about me just for you to wake up and deny it all." I looked down at his feet, "I'm not going to sit here and lie, drunk Harry got my hopes up." He looked at me with confusion, "I like you, Harry. You make me feel so good about myself."

"Do you really mean that?" He asked me, I nodded. "I-

"Harry, Jeff needs you back in here," Mitch yelled out to him.

"I've got to go back in, how about I come to get you tomorrow and we talk about everything? Can we do that?" I nodded as I forced a smile out. "See you soon, love" He whispered as he pulled me into a hug.