54

December 25, 2019

Harry

Christmas Day.

I have always loved Christmas, especially in England. There were always inches of snow covering the ground and it was always hot cocoa weather. I loved walking outside to only see white and hearing children laughing. It gave me a sense of peace.

I stood outside, wrapped up in my jacket while I drank my morning coffee. Hearing the children laughing and playing up the street made me wish I had kids of my own. I knew that eventually one day I was going to have my own family, and I couldn't wait. I couldn't wait to spend Christmas morning gathered around a tree in the living room, opening up present after present.

God, I want a family.

Audrey would be such a good mom. She has told me time and time again that she's not good with kids, but she's so good with them. I've seen the way she is with the kids in my family. She is so motherly.

I could hear soft tapping on the window, I glanced over my shoulder to see Audrey standing there. I could see the exhaustion draped around her body like a blanket. She motioned for me to come inside.

"Merry Christmas, loverboy." She said whenever I walked back into the house, I couldn't help but smile.

I made my way over to her with open arms, "Merry Christmas, my sweet girl." I gently kissed the top of her head while she cuddled into my chest.

Audrey confessed she had me a present tucked away, but little did she know I had one tucked away from her. We hadn't discussed whether we wanted to get each other something or not, but either way, we would've got each other presents. Anytime Audrey passes something that reminds her of me, she buys it.

I pulled a box from the hall closet while Audrey walked out of the bedroom with a large box and two small boxes stacked on top of it. I narrowed my eyes at her.

I knew I should've got her more.

Audrey had a shit-eating grin on her face while we made our way back to the living room with the gifts. We both sank into the couch, eyeing the gifts we had bought for each other.

What did she get me?

"I want you to go first," Audrey said as she handed me the two small boxes first.

Audrey's eyes kept shifting back and forth between the gift and my face. I could tell how anxious she was whenever I started to tear the paper off the first box. I opened it to reveal stickers. I looked through them, 'Treat People With Kindness,' 'Black Lives Matter,' and so many more.

Why would she get me stickers? I mean, I love them. I would love anything she bought me, but I know there's a specific reason she bought me these.

She didn't say anything, she just urged me to open the next box. This box was smaller than the last box. I cracked a smile whenever I opened it revealing a guitar pick. The pick was solid black with 'loverboy' engraved in silver lettering.

I grabbed the large box and started to unwrap it. Audrey twisted the rings around her fingers while she watched me closely.

Did she buy me a guitar?

Holy shit.

She bought me a guitar.

I pulled the guitar case out of the box in a hurry, eager to see what guitar was inside. I flipped the case open to see a black Yamaha F335 Acoustic Guitar staring back at me.

I was at a loss for words. This is one of the best gifts I've ever received and it makes it so much better coming from Audrey. I leaned over and pressed kisses all over her face, causing her to giggle.

"This means so much to me, thank you," I said before I left a few more kisses on her lips.

"I don't know much about guitars so I had Mitch help me because I was really nervous." I chuckled while I ran my eyes over the guitar once more, "Did you like everything? I have been overthinking it for weeks now. Did you like the stickers? I got them so you could decorate your guitars." Words spilled out of her mouth like a waterfall.

I reassured her that I loved it and these were some of the best gifts I had ever received. I think my favorite was the guitar pick. Hearing Audrey call me loverboy made my whole day even if I didn't act like it.

I handed my gift over to Audrey with a smile on my face. She had been telling me for months now that she needed one, so I couldn't miss the opportunity.

You could tell Audrey was excited because she tore into the wrapping paper like she was a kid.

"Harry Edward Styles!" She exclaimed before her jaw fell to the floor.

I think it's safe to say she liked it.

She pulled a Nikon Z6 out of the box, still in utter shock. "I can't believe you bought me a camera! These are almost fifteen hundred dollars." She sat there for a minute while she stared at the camera, "You didn't have to spend this much money on me! You could've bought me a single chicken nugget and I would've loved it." I chuckled at her.

"I knew that you needed a new camera and my sweet girl only deserves the best." Audrey looked at me with tears in her eyes. She crawled over into my lap, wrapping her body around mine.

"Thank you so much." She whispered into the crook of my neck. I could feel her tears dripping onto my shirt, "No one has ever gotten me anything this nice before." She admitted.

Audrey has told me plenty of times that she's never had anyone who truly loved her. She has never had someone make her feel good about herself or treat her with respect. Audrey has only ever been treated like a piece of meat.

Ever since day one, I have made it my only goal to make sure she knows that she is loved and cared for. She deserves to feel good about herself all the time. She deserves to know that she is enough. She deserves to know what it's like to be spoiled or to have someone put her needs above theirs. I made a promise to myself that I was going to be the man she deserves.

I was going to do everything in my power to give her the love she deserves.

**

Hey lovelies, this chapter is a little bit shorter than some of my previous ones! I have been so exhausted lately and I am constantly feeling drained. I feel like have been a lazy writer and I sincerely apologize for that!

It's been really hard for me to juggle all my college classes and then write this book, but I'm trying my best! I promise that I'm going to make it up to you or I'm going to at least try.

I hope you're enjoying the book so far. Feel free to leave a comment giving me feedback <3