14

Audrey

It had only been days since Harry went back to Holmes Chapel, but it felt like months. I was so used to spending almost every day with him that I had no clue what to do without him. I know I missed him like crazy. I missed his accent, and believe it or not, I missed Mitch and Sarah.

Sometimes I call him, forgetting that he is a completely different time zone. Even when I wake him, he never gets angry with me. He always seems so happy to be on the phone with me.

I rolled over to look at my alarm clock, 2:25 am, I sighed as I rolled back over. I couldn't even force myself to go to sleep. I had been trying for hours.

styles (2);
good morning love, I hope this doesn't wake you, I just wanted to check in
call me when you can xx

I immediately called him. I had to hear his voice, "Hey love." His raspy voice made my heart flutter, "I didn't know if you'd be asleep or not, but I woke up thinking of you so I had to text you."

I smiled, "I've been trying to sleep for hours, but I can't." I sighed as I rolled over onto my back, "I want sleep, but sleep doesn't want me." I could hear him chuckle.

"I can't believe you just said that." He joked as he continued to chuckle. I could hear the disappointment in his voice. "I think I have something that may make you feel better." He announced once his laughter died down.

"What is it, Styles?" The call ended. I furrowed my brows at the phone, alright then.

Seconds later, a FaceTime call came through on my phone. "I didn't mean to hang up, I dropped my phone." I shook my head as I laughed at him. "Give me one moment." He said while he made an effort to prop his phone up. I watched him while he tried to tame his messy morning curls, I couldn't help but be completely mesmerized.

"What're you about to do?" I furrowed my brows at him. He held up one finger before he disappeared off to the side.

"Okay," He let out a sigh as he plopped down on his bed, "I know you like whenever I play for you, so I figured I would until you fell asleep."

"Would you sing to me?" I asked. He nodded with a soft grin plastered to his lips.

"Do you have any special suggestions?" I shook my head. He went silent while he tuned his guitar. He cleared his throat before he started strumming the melody of the song.

"Sweet creature, sweet creature... Wherever I go, you bring me home... Sweet creature, sweet creature... When I run out of road, you bring me home.." He sang so softly causing my heart to flutter with joy.

**

I woke up a little after eleven. I groaned as I stretched my body across my bed. I don't remember falling asleep, but I can still hear Harry singing to me.

how'd I get so lucky?

I checked my phone, but I didn't have any missed messages from Harry. I had plenty of missed messages from Kai. I read over them only to discover that he would be here in 15 minutes to pick me up.

I threw my comforter off my body, the cold air started to wrap itself around my bare skin. I trudged into my closest, using every ounce of energy that I had. I dressed in black skinny jeans, a crop top with a white undershirt, and a beat-up pair of Air Force Ones. I didn't have time to do anything else other than spray my hair with dry shampoo.

I heard the front door open, then Kai's voice filled the air, "Audrey!" I nearly jumped out of my skin with how loud he yelled, "Are you ready?" He asked as he hurried down the hallway.