59

Audrey

They are releasing me today. Doctor Brown said I was stable enough to go back home, but I needed to refrain from traveling back to America if I could. He said he still wanted to keep an eye on me over the next few weeks, so he would be doing home visits.

I feel fine, but I understand why he wants to keep an eye on me. The swelling on my neck hasn't gone down at all, I'm still struggling to eat or breath. I was still pretty bruised up too.

I was so scared to look at myself in the mirror for the first time. I imagined myself looking unrecognizable, but I didn't look at bad as I thought I would. I mean, I obviously looked rough. I was covered in bruises from becoming a human punching bag, and the cut on my head was nasty.

Harry reassured me that girls with scars were sexy. He made sure that we complimented me as much as he could, and he let me know how much he loved me. He would sing to me, but he wouldn't hold me. He wouldn't give me the one thing I needed most, a hug. He barely held my hand or anything.

Don't worry, Gemma and Anne made up for it. They were always holding me or laying down with me. As soon as one of them left my side then the other would appear. I have always been the person to like my own space, but I don't know if I would ever get enough of this. I enjoyed feeling this taken care of and loved.

"Are you ready to go, Audrey?" Doctor Brown asked as he walked into the room with a wheelchair. I smiled while I slowly made my way over to the chair. "I just finished filling out your discharge papers, so you are all good to go! I will be by one day next week to do my first house visit, I will call Mr. Styles before I come by."

"Thank you for everything!" I said to him while he helped me sit down in the wheelchair.

Harry walked into the room with a faint smile on his lips, "Are you ready to go home, my sweet girl?" I nodded to him.

He spoke to Doctor Brown for a moment before we left. We both let him know how thankful we were for everything he had down for me. I think he was one of the best doctors I had in my lifetime. I joked with him, "if I ever get mugged again, then I want you to be my doctor." Harry didn't find it as funny as I did.

The drive back to our home was silent, not even the radio played. Harry kept glancing over at me, but neither of us spoke. I kept my eyes fixated on the scenery we passed by on the way home. There was a heavy feeling in my heart as we grew closer to the house.

Once we pulled into the driveway, we both let out a deep sigh, "Harry?" I looked over to him as he looked over to me, "Are we okay?" I asked, bluntly.

"What are you talking about? Of course, we are okay, my love. Why? Do you think we aren't?"

"I was just wondering." I lied.

It bothered me that he wouldn't touch me. I wanted him to hold me and no matter how many times I asked him to, he wouldn't. He was treating me like I was made of glass, I am not made of glass. I won't break if he touches me, if anything, I would feel complete if he would just hold me.

Harry carried my bags in first before he helped me inside. I told him I would be okay to walk on my own, but I knew good and damn well I wasn't going to be allowed to lift a finger for the next few weeks.

"Hey, I have a question" I stated while I laid down on the couch. Harry hummed while he walked into the kitchen to get me a glass of water, "Do you still adore me?" The shuffling just stopped. As soon as the words fell from my lips, the house became completely silent.

Moments later, Harry walked out of the kitchen with the most sincere look plastered on his face. He knelt down in front of me, placing his hands on my legs before he spoke, "I want you to listen to me right now, I will always adore you. There is nothing in this world that is going to change that. I adore you more today than I did yesterday, and I'm going to adore you even more tomorrow."