3

Harry

I liked the way that she just got along with everybody. Audrey radiated kind and positive energy. You could see that she was a nice person for miles away.

She liked to play it off like she was too awkward to make friends, but she had the personality everyone was drawn to. I think she could make friends with a brick wall if she wanted to.

Audrey stayed close to me most of the night, she hasn't adjusted to everybody. I drifted away from her once and it was almost like she shut down. She just looked like a deer in headlights until she found me across the room, then she mellowed out once she realized I hadn't gone far.

"Hey, thank you for asking me to stay." She said quietly as she looked around the room, "I haven't smiled this much in a long time."

"Of course, love. You're welcome here anytime." She smiled at me.

I felt Audrey move closer to my arm. I would occasionally feel her fingers playing with the fabrics of my shirt. I didn't know if it was a nervous tick or if it was her way of letting me know she was still here.

I looked down to her with a smile on my lips. I guess she could feel me staring because she glanced up to me, matching my smile.

"Where's the bathroom?" She asked politely.

"Straight up the stairs, first door on the left." She nodded before she disappeared to find the bathroom.

"Let's play Mario Kart!" Someone, who I assumed was Mitch, yelled causing everyone to swarm the tv.

I plopped down on the couch, trying to save Audrey a seat, but I failed. A bunch of girls that Kid knew swarmed me on the couch, I grew uncomfortable.

I wish they would just watch them play Mario Kart instead of intensely staring at me. I'm nothing special.

Audrey caught my eye as she walked down the stairs. She glanced over the crowd, looking for me. She saw there were no seats that's when I noticed the frown on her face. She didn't even walk back over to the couch, she just stood by the wall staring at the ground.

I kept making attempts to make her look at me, I finally grabbed her attention.

"Come sit." I mouthed as I patted the arm of the chair. She hesitantly walked over.

"Are you sure?" She asked before she sat down, I nodded at her. "Let me know if I start to bother you and I can give you some space."

Whenever she sat down, the girls that were eyeballing me turned around. They immediately lost interest in anything that had to do with me.

"You could never bother me," I said I placed my hand on her knee. Her eyes were glued to my hand. "M'sorry" I said as I pulled my hand away from her.

"No, you're okay!" She reassured me with that beautiful smile of hers.

The girl beside me crawled her way into Kid's lap, so there was an open seat beside me. Audrey moved into that seat.

"I'm getting kind of tired." She yawned as she looked at the time on her phone. "I'm probably sober enough to drive home, right?"

I thought it was precious how cautious Audrey was being. I kept a close eye on her tonight and she drank two cups of rum and coke, maybe. She barely had enough to get her buzzed.

"I thought you were going to stay?"

I didn't want to make her uncomfortable, but for some reason I wanted her to stay. I wanted her here with me just for a little bit longer.