37

October 10, 2019

Audrey

Tonight was going to be a big night for Harry, I was going to make sure of it. We were throwing a release party for 'Lights Up.' I couldn't be any more excited than I am right now. For once, I was actually happy to get up and start cleaning.

I wiped down the counters for the third time to ensure that I hadn't missed a single spot. I caught myself double, sometimes triple, cleaning. I was going everything two to three times to ensure that I wasn't missing anything.

Harry just watched me from the couch with a smirk plastered to his lips. I wish he'd get off his ass and help me out, but I knew he was enjoying this. I was running myself in circles, making sure everything was nice and neat.

"Audrey, I think the house is clean," Harry announced. I just turned around and glared at him.

He was probably right, in fact, I knew he was right because I've been working my ass off for the past three hours making sure it was.

"Come sit with me, take a break." He patted his leg.

I didn't move, I just continued to glare at him. Once he realized I wasn't moving, he gave the stare.

Ya know the very intimidating stare that I've talked about before? Yeah, that one.

I didn't hesitate after that. I walked over to him, straddling his waist. His hands ran up my thighs to rest on my hips. He kept that same stare while he looked up and down my body. That look was making it hard to breathe, but I'm not going to lie, it is very sexy.

Neither of us said anything while his hands moved up to cup my jaw, "Can I kiss you?" I hummed, moving my face closer to his. He didn't hesitate to crash his lips into mine.

One of his hands ran down to grab my throat. Immediately I felt this tension start to stir up in my stomach. I shifted my hips without even realizing, that's when Harry broke the kiss.

It took everything in me not to crash my lips back onto his. I had this overwhelming desire for him. I wanted more but I didn't know how to let him know that I did.

"I need to shower before people start showing up." He said while I crawled off his lap. I just sat and stared at my thumbs while I kept replaying that kiss over and over again in my head.

I guess Harry realized that I wasn't following behind him, so he stopped and turned around, "Are you not coming?" I didn't say anything, I just followed him to the bathroom.

Right now, I would follow him off a cliff if he asked me to. Harry could look at me and say 'jump' and without any hesitation, I'm going to say 'how high?' Harry had some type of control over me, whether he realized it or not.

Harry and I undressed on our own which was fairly odd considering he always insisted on undressing me.

He checked the water before he pulled me inside the shower. He always let me have the water first, which I thought was sweet. I felt Harry leaving gentle kisses across my shoulder.

"You're my sweet girl." He whispered in between kisses. I don't know what it was but that same tension built back up in my stomach. I pressed my body back onto Harry's only making the tension worse.

"Will you kiss me?" I begged desperately. He pressed his lips to mine. I ran my fingers up through his curls while his hands found their way to my jaw.

Harry was the first to break the kiss. I took a deep breath to calm myself down. My body was hot and this shower wasn't helping.

**

I think it's after eleven, but I honestly had no clue. The house was full of Harry's team and his friends. I didn't really talk to anyone outside of Mitch and Sarah. I felt comfortable with them, so I basically clung to them the entire night.

"Where's your loverboy?" Mitch asked as his eyes roamed over all the people.

"I honestly have no clue, I'm letting him do his own thing tonight." I couldn't help but let my eyes look for him as well.

I found him, making conversation with someone I had never seen before. I assume he is an old friend of Harry's. Harry noticed me staring and smiled at me.

He nodded to his friend before he grabbed two drinks then walked over to me. He sank down on the couch in between Mitch and I. Harry had a little jealous streak, I just don't know if he realized it.

"Everybody, one minute left!" Jeff yelled over the crowd of people. "Let's get ready."

Harry grabbed my hand as we all diverted our attention to the TV. There was a countdown on the TV that we all watched anxiously. This was the longest minute of my life, Jesus.

"Five... Four... Three.. Two... One.." We all shouted before the music started to play.

Harry held my hand tighter once he realized the music video was up.

"What do you mean?... I'm sorry by the way... Never coming back down... Can't you see?... I could, but wouldn't stay... Wouldn't put it like that.."

I ran the pad of my thumb over Harry's hand to calm him down. You could see how nervous he was. Harry was such an over-thinker, but it's something we have in common. I leaned over and pressed my lips to his shoulder.

"What do you mean?... I'm sorry by the way... Never coming around.. Be so sweet if things just stayed the same.."

I was there whenever they filmed this, but I hadn't seen the finished product yet. Harry wanted me to wait until the release party. This music video turned out to be so gorgeous. I was so proud of Harry. I knew how far he had come, and I knew he wasn't done growing just yet.

"This is beautiful," I whispered to him, fighting back the tears.

It was so different to see it all once it came together. It hurt my heart to think of how broken Harry used to be. Living his day to day life, wondering who he truly was. I'm just so thankful that he is in such a good place today. He deserves this.

Harry stood up and pulled me off the couch. We disappeared into the kitchen while the video finished playing. I looked at him with confusion, I wondered why he didn't want to be in there anymore.

"Did you like it?" He asked with a low tone. I could see the worry hiding in those beautiful green eyes.

I placed my hands on either side of his face, "I loved it, baby. That was so beautiful and so well portrayed. I can see all the hard work you put in, and it really paid off." I removed my hands from his face so I could wipe my tears away, "I have never been so proud of you Harry, and I never want you to forget that! I know you're just getting started on this journey, but I can see how much you're going every single day. I am so glad that I get to experience some of this with you."

Harry pulled me in for a hug. I think he was trying to hide the fact that he was crying, but I didn't care. I would hold him every day for the rest of my life if he'd ask.