63

Harry

"Surprise!" Everyone screamed as I walked back into my house. I jumped a step back, placing my hand over my chest. My entire house was filled with friends and family.

My eyes scanned the room to see Audrey standing with the sweetest smile on her face. I walked over to her with my arms open wide, wrapping myself around her, "thank you so much!" I whispered into her ear.

Audrey really had been my biggest blessing. She has done so much for me today, and believe it or not, she's made this birthday enjoyable. I have hated celebrating my birthday for years. Everyone has always joked that it's just another day for me to be the center of attention, but that's why I hated it. I was always the center of attention, so why should I be unless I have to be?

Most people want these big extravagant things planned out for them, but I would much rather be invisible for a day. Years ago, I started wishing that people would forget my birthday but right now in this moment, I'm thankful that someone remembered. For the first time in years, I'm happy that I'm not invisible.

"Happy birthday, loverboy!" Audrey whispered before she kissed my cheek. I looked down with a genuine feeling of happiness, "Go say hello to some of your friends! I'll be around."

I looked around the room to see a familiar head of brown hair, "Mitchell Rowland!" I placed both of my hands on his shoulders, giving him a gentle shake.

"Hey, birthday boy!" He teased as I walked around to his side, "You know it would've been nice to mention everything that happened with Audrey."

Immediately my heart sank, "Oh shit, did you say something stupid to her?"

"I looked her dead in the eye and jokingly asked if she had been jumped."

"Did no one ever teach you manners, Mitchell? Good God, can't take your ass anywhere."

Before Mitch said anything else, a familiar Irish accent appeared behind me, "The birthday boy himself!"

I looked over my shoulder to see none other than Niall Horan, "My God, it's been so long." I said before I pulled him into a hug, "How have you been, pretty boy?"

"Best I've been in a while, what about you? How's your birthday treating you, old man?"

Niall wasn't a full year older than me, so we were both technically 26. Niall was always the baby of One Direction even if I technically was. We all treated him like he was our little brother and we always protected him.

"It's been good! My girl put everything together as a surprise for me!" Niall just smiled at me, "Have you met her? You'll love her, she's lovely!" I started to look around the room for Audrey.

"She greeted me whenever I came in." I smiled, "She really is lovely, Harry. You need someone like her to keep you grounded. She's beautiful too and besides it seems like she's got your stubborn ass under control."

I nudged Niall with my elbow as I rolled my eyes. I looked around the room, realizing how much I missed the boys. I wished the rest of the boys were here, then everything would be complete! I hadn't seen them in so long and it'd be good to see them one more time.

"I'm really glad you could make it, mate!" I confessed to Niall. Niall patted my back, "I really have missed being around you all the time. I miss the laughs we had."

Niall looked at me with a smirk, "Between me and you," we both looked at each other, "pranks, laughs, ah." Niall and I both threw our heads back in laughter. Damn, I missed seeing him.

Before either of us could say anything else, Audrey wrapped her arms around my waist. I could see the smile appear on Niall's face whenever he noticed how instantly happy Audrey made me.