51

*December 5th, 2019*

Harry

I had a little under seven hours until the music video for 'Adore You' was released. I was nervous. I usually get nervous around release dates, but today was different. This song was dedicated to Audrey. I wrote this song as a way to show her my affection because Lord knows I'm shit at doing it in person.

Dave Meyers put a lot of work into this music video when I told him about Audrey. He promised me that it was going to be beautiful not only for me but for her. She deserved it.

Audrey has been cleaning relentlessly for the past six hours. I have seen her mop every room in this house at least three times, claiming she missed a spot every time. I think cleaning has become a nervous habit of hers, there's no way someone loves to clean this much.

Audrey stopped for a second looking for something else to clean and even though there was nothing left, I'm sure she would find something. She walked over to the bookshelf adjusting my books so they were all perfectly aligned.

She glanced over to see me staring, but I wasn't going to look away. I wanted to admire her. My eyes scanned over her body to see her dressed in a pair of my boxers and an old shirt of mine. Audrey pulled off my clothes better than I did.

"What are you staring at, loverboy?" I narrowed my eyes at her.

I would never admit it, but I loved it whenever she called me that even though she learned it from Mitch. I liked being her loverboy.

"Am I not allowed to look at you?" I asked, raising one of my eyebrows at her. She placed both hands on her hips while she shook her head, "I guess, you're going to have to get over it then." She rolled her eyes, but I could see the smile on her lips.

I nodded my head for her to come over to me and she did without hesitation. Once she got closer, I greeted her with a smile and open arms. I just wanted to hold her for a minute.

Audrey thought today was a big day for me, but little did she know this was more her day than it was mine. I was going to make sure of that. I know that I wrote this song, but this is her song. Adore You would always be Audrey's song. I would never be able to listen to it without thinking of her.

I can still remember whenever I first started writing this song, I had no clue why I felt the way I did. I can remember trying to convince myself that the song wasn't about Audrey, that it was just lyrics dancing through my head, but I always knew.

I remember the first time I ever played it for her. I will never be able to forget the look in her eyes whenever I confessed it was about her. The sparkle in her eyes reminded me of the constellations. There was nothing more captivating.

Audrey Taylor would always have a piece of me, no matter what the future holds for us. I would always think back to the sweet memories we've created. Audrey had given me a love that was everlasting. I would never forget the love we share.

Loving Audrey has taught me to cherish the small moments whether it's dancing in the rain or reading to each other. She has given me a love that I pray my kids wait for, a love that is patient and kind.

"What are you thinking about, loverboy?" Audrey asked while she pulled her head off my chest.

"You," I admitted honestly, "always you." Audrey blushed.

I was surprised whenever Audrey laid her head back down without saying another word.

**

There were fifteen minutes left until the music video dropped. The anxiety was starting to set in as the minutes passed us by.

What if Audrey didn't like it? Would she be honest enough to tell me or would she lie?

I looked around to see Audrey laughing alongside Mitch and Sarah. I was glad to see how close the three of them had gotten over the months. Being 100% honest, I got jealous over Mitch. I know that he had Sarah, but I still got anxious to see how well he bonded with Audrey.

It's stupid, I know.

I walked over to them, snaking my arm around Audrey's waist. She looked up with me with a subtle smile before she cuddled under my arm. Jeff walked over to join the circle, letting us know we needed to start making our way to the living room.

Audrey seemed excited to watch the music video. She seems more excited about this video than she did for 'Lights up.'

We picked our seats on the couch, staying as close to each other as we could get. Audrey's eyes were glued to the TV, but my eyes were glued to her. All I wanted to do was adore her. I could get so lost inside her eyes.

Is it cheesy to quote your own song like that?

The song started to play. I looked over to Audrey to gauge her reaction, she looked happy. She made me play this song for her so many times that she knew the words better than she knew the back of her hand.

**

It was a little after two before everyone cleared out of the house. Audrey and I cleaned up so we could rest tomorrow. I could hear Audrey humming along to 'Adore You' while we cleaned.

"Did you like the video?" I asked as I collected red solo cups into a trash bag.

"Like it? I loved it!" I could hear how genuinely happy she was. "I think the storyline behind this video was beautiful, but I'm a bit biased." She joked as she walked over to me.

I felt her arms wrap around my waist while she rested her head on my back. I couldn't help but melt into her with a smile on my face.

"I am so unbelievably proud of you, loverboy. You've accomplished so many great things and I know you're only going to keep accomplishing great things." She started to leave soft kisses on my back, "I am happy to be your fish." I chuckled when her word flirted through the air.

"Audrey," I said while she hummed, "I want you to know that I adore you. There isn't a single piece of me that doesn't adore you."

She didn't say anything, she just laid her head back down. I could feel her grip on my waist grow tighter while we melted into each other.

I am always going to adore you, Audrey Taylor.