2

Audrey

I woke in my bed with the sunlight blinding me. I wasn't a morning person at all, but I wasn't a night person either. Hell, most days I was barely even a person.

"Hey baby, did you have fun yesterday?" My mom asked as she entered my room. I nodded with a soft smile across my lips. "Kai is here." I looked over at the clock I had sitting beside the table. 9:30 a.m.

"Why?" She shrugged. "Is he okay?" I asked, pulling myself onto my forearms. She shrugged.

"I'll go get him." I nodded, pulling myself up against the headboard. I pushed my hair behind my ears before I rubbed the sleep from my eyes.

Kai walked into my room, throwing himself on the bed beside me. He looked upset, and I didn't like it.

"Are you going to leave me?" He whispered as he laid his head in my lap. I furrowed my brows at him.

"What are you talking about?" He remained silent while he stared at the ceiling, "I'm not Kai, you're my best friend." I laid my hand over on his chest as a reassuring gesture, but I don't think it did much.

"I'm just worried about losing you to Harry, that's all." He closed his eyes peacefully. "You are my best friend and I don't want to lose you."

As much as I love Kai, this may be a bit dramatic. Losing my best friend over someone I've hung out with two times, c'mon now, I may be dumb but I'm not stupid.

Kai, like me, has the tendency to overthink. He can't help it and he lets it get the best of him. We've had serious discussions about this on numerous occasions. His brain is wired to think everyone in his life is destined to leave at some point, and I understand that feeling but it's hard to think I could ever leave Kai.

He's my best friend.

He shrugged. "I like Harry, but I really don't think you need to worry about him." Kai half-smiled, he didn't seem so upset anymore

"Harry is a really great guy" I smiled, thinking of him. "You both get a stupid smile on your faces when you are around each other. " I blushed. "He likes you." My eyes grew larger as I shook my head no.

"I don't know if that would work honestly. I mean, look at me then look at him. " Kai rolled his eyes and gently smacked the top of my head.

"Don't," He wanted, narrowing his eyes at me. "You are beautiful. Maybe you don't see it, but everyone else does." He gave me a reassuring smile that made me smile back.

I was just referring to the fact that he was famous and I was not, but it felt nice to have the reassurance.

"Ya know, he actually wanted to come over with me, but I forgot to pick him up." I laughed at him, as he joined in. "I'm not kidding. I just forgot to go pick him up." I laughed even harder.

"Where does he even live?" I asked but then I realized how awkward that sounded. I made it sound like I was gonna stalk him from the bushes or something crazy.

"A really nice neighborhood just a couple miles from here," he said as he pulled himself off the bed, "I'll send you the address, and tell him you want to come see him. I've gotta go." Kai started walking toward the bedroom door, "Start getting ready, I'm gonna tell him you'll be there by noon. " My heart sank and my eyes grew as wide as the smile on Kai's face, " I love you!"

"I love you." I pulled myself from my bed and ran into the bathroom to get ready.

**

I followed every turn Siri told me to take. I could feel the anxiety creating a pit in my stomach whenever I pulled into the neighborhood.