12

Harry

I couldn't get the look she gave me out of my head. She looked genuinely hurt, and I didn't even realize this morning. I let her walk away without even bothering to notice that she was hurt.

"Hey!" Mitch snapped his fingers in my face to get my attention, "Where's your head at?" He asked.

"M'Sorry." I apologized completely avoiding his question.

"Can you run a couple more verses of falling?" Jeff asked, "I know everyone is tired, but I want to have a couple of different options whenever we are putting this together." I nodded and headed back to the booth. "Just take it from the top Harry."

"I'm in my bed.. and you're not here... and there's no one to blame but the drink and my wandering hands.." I could feel the sadness I felt whenever I first wrote this song. "Forget what I said... it's not what I meant.. and I can't take it back, I can't unpack the baggage you left..." The lyrics hit me in my gut every single time I sang them.

I can remember feeling so low. Whenever I wrote Falling, I had hit one of my lowest points. I wasn't myself. I can remember having to force myself out of my bed every day. I had never been so low.

"You said you cared.. and you missed me, too... and I'm well aware I write too many songs about you.. and the coffee's out.. at the Beachwood Café.. and it kills me 'cause I know we've run out of things we can say..." I felt tears rolling down my cheeks, I quickly wiped them away before anyone saw.

I think back to all the pain that heartbreak caused me. I blamed myself for months after it ended. It completely ruined me. That heartbreak is the very reason I'm so scared to let anyone else in or fall in love again.

**

I waited outside for Audrey to answer the door. I didn't realize how late it was when I showed up here.

you should've waited until tomorrow, harry.

The door opened to reveal a sleepy-eyed Audrey, "Hey love."

"Styles?" She rubbed her eyes, "What are you do-" I didn't let her finish before my lips crashed onto her.

I broke the kiss, "M'Sorry." I apologized whenever I noticed how shocked she was, "Maybe that wasn't my best i-" She didn't let me finish before her lips crashed onto mine again.

She pulled away, "That was the best idea you've ever had, Styles." She said in a joking manner.

"I couldn't wait any longer." I admitted, "I can't get you out of my head, Audrey." She didn't say anything, she just wrapped her arms around me. "Can I stay tonight?"

Without hesitation, she nodded her head.

I followed her back to her bedroom. We both crawled into her bed with exhaustion weighing us down, "I have a question for you, Styles."

"I have an answer for you, love."

"That song you were recording earlier, what is it about?" I smiled at her interest in learning the back story of my songs.

"A couple of years ago, I was with someone and I was really in love." I sighed as flashbacks starting to appear in my mind, "Things ended, and I was devastated. I was utterly heartbroken. I felt like I wasn't myself anymore. I wasn't sleeping or eating as much." I felt her lay her hand on me to let me know she was there for me, "One day, I sat down and I found the energy to write so I did. I completely broke down while writing that song. The emotion is so raw. I felt so much better after I wrote it ." She ran the pad of her thumb over my hand.

"It's a beautiful song." She complimented. "All your songs are beautiful." I shook my head.

"Speaking of, I finished that one song I played for you the other day." She smiled brightly as she pulled herself off the mattress.

"I wanna hear it!" She exclaimed.

"I don't have a guitar," I argued.

"Well, you're in luck lover boy because I have one." She smirked as she danced over to the closest. "I tried to learn how to play many years ago and failed miserably, but I kept her just in case I ever wanted to try again." She appeared out of the closet holding a Martin D28 that was covered in stickers.

I took the guitar from her and began tuning it, "This song will sound a lot better once we get all the music completed, but for now, I'll show you the acoustic version." She smiled as she crawled back into the bed. I could see how excited she was.

"Walk in your rainbow paradise... Strawberry lipstick state of mind... I get so lost inside your eyes, would you believe it? You don't have to say you love me, you don't have to say nothing, you don't have to say you're mine.." I looked over to see Audrey sitting with just a beautiful smile on her face. She looked so happy to hear this song, and she doesn't even know it's about her. "Honey.. I'd walk through fire for you just let me adore you... Oh, honey...  I'd walk through fire for you just let me adore you like it's the only thing I'll ever do."

I slowly started to stop strumming, "I thought you said you finished writing it?" Audrey looked at me with confusion whenever I tried to sit the guitar down, "I've already heard most of that, lover boy."

"You're no longer allowed to hang around Mitch." I scolded as she giggled. "I don't want to spoil the entire song for you, why don't you just wait until we get the music and background vocals done?" She frowned as she crossed her arms across her chest.

"Please Harry." She begged. I sighed as I picked the guitar back up and started strumming again. Her frown instantly disappeared.

you've got me wrapped around your finger.

"You don't have to say you love me, I just wanna tell you something, lately you've been on my mind... Honey... I'd walk through fire for you just let me adore you... Oh, honey... I'd walk through fire for you just let me adore you like it's the only thing I'll ever do.." Once again, I slowly brought the song to the end. "It's basically a repeat of the chorus the rest of the way through."

"I love that song so much, Harry!" I smiled at her compliment my music. I don't think Audrey would ever tell me if she didn't like one of my songs. "What's this song about?" She asked as she laid her down in my lap.

I ran my fingers through her hair as I searched my mind for the right words to say, "It's about that feeling you get whenever you first start seeing someone." She looked up at me.

"Styles, did you write a song about me?" I felt the heat rising up into my cheeks as I shook my head. I wanted to deny it, but she knows I'm a terrible liar. "Oh my goodness, you wrote a song about me." I covered my face to hide the fact that I was blushing.