Kyrie Irving

This imagine was requested by -retrodreams.
---------------------------------------------------------

Your POV:

You wake up and Kyrie is not by your side. You wake up slowly and go down the stairs.

"Maybe he's making breakfast" you think.

Today is your one year anniversary and he had practice. But you thought he could skip it to be with you.

"Babe? Where are you?" You ask.

"In the kitchen, Cassandra."

You start to smile while heading to the kitchen to see him eat by himself some eggs and bacon he made for himself.

"Where are my eggs?" You ask, a little bit frustrated.

"Oh I'm sorry, babygirl. I thought you were still going to be asleep when I left."

"When you left? Where are you going?"

"Practice, babe. Today it's gonna be almost all day. Big game tomorrow, you already know the drill" he says, kissing your head and heading to the door with his gym bags.

"Are you fucking serious, right now?" You ask in disbelief.

"What... What did I do now?" He asks confused, his hand already on the door knob.

"Kyrie Andrew Irving, are you seriously going to spend all day out?" You ask, trying not to yell.

"Cassandra, I already told you. Big game tomorrow, lots of practice the day before"

You nod really madly and turn your back on him.

"Just... make sure you practice enough today so I can watch you on TV"

"You're not going to cheer for me tomorrow?"

You leave him hanging and head to your room, speechless. Then, you hear him close the door and you burst out in tears. Honestly, you would never guess what you'd be doing one year in the future when he asked you to be his girlfriend. You never thought you were going to last so long because he was a NBA player and you were just a regular person. He could have whoever he wanted but he still chose you.

Kyrie's POV:

"Are you sure it's the right thing to do?" I was on the phone, a little worried to be honest.

"I swear, man! It's to create a little mystery and then, she'll be even happier" DeAndre told me through the phone.

"She seemed too sad about it... I might just go back."

"Don't be such a pussy! Stick to the plan, dude. Meet me at my house" DeAndre says, right before hanging up.

I entered my car and drove to DeAndre's house to continue with the surprise party.

Your POV:

You just laid in bed, looking at the ceiling, without saying a single word. You just couldn't believe that he had forgotten about your anniversary after everything he said to you.

"Really, baby? I swear on my life, you're the best for me.... And I feel really sad to think that maybe I could've met you sooner and be with you longer than I am today." "Don't wait up for me, you already know I'ma be late. Love you, babygirl." "One day, we'll have a family, as cute as you are, running around our house and coming to my practices with their beautiful mother right behind them" It came to your mind his words.

You got up quickly and started to throw pillows all around the room, angrily. You try to calm down and dress nicely to go for a walk on the park.

Kyrie's POV:

"Are you sure she already left?" DeAndre asks me.

"When she's mad, she'll just go out for a bit and try to calm herself down. It already passed one hour so she's definitely out."

"Okay. Time to go prepare your things, big boy." He says, patting my head, playfully, making me hit his chest.

Your POV:

A couple hours had passed by and you were just returning home. You open the front door and smell one of your favourite perfumes. You look around but can't see anyone. You put down your purse on the counter and find a little gift on it.

"What the hell is this? This wasn't here when I left"

You look around one more time to make sure no one's home. You open the little box to find a golden necklace with your name on it. You gaze at it happily and put it on, smiling widely.

"It fits really good on you"

You turn around quickly and gaze at the handsome man in front of you.

"Did you really think I was gonna forget about our 1 year anniversary?" Kyrie says, smiling widely and stepping closer to you.

He was wearing a black suit that fit him so well and in his hands there were some red roses.

"These are for the love of my life" He says, handing you the roses.

You still couldn't speak with all the surprises.

"Babygirl, I'm here right now. I wanted to make a big surprise for you so I had to make you think that I had forgotten about it. I'm so sorry, princess." He says, cupping your cheeks with his hands and kissing you passionately.

You start to cry with joy and hug him tightly.

"I love you so much, you stupid sexy man"

"I know you do, Cassandra. Now, we have a romantic dinner to enjoy and the night still goes on" he says, kissing your head lightly and heading both of you to the car.

"Wait! I have to change!" You say, looking at yourself.

"Babe, I had everything taken care of. I know that when you're mad, you dress up and go for a walk so, you're already beautiful and classy, ready to go." He kisses your hand, gently, and leads you to the car.

"Happy anniversary, Princess."
-------------------------------------------------------
Hope you liked it!!! 😉

Catherine ❤️